Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head 12:37 - Oct 29 with 5537 viewsRodneysgongger

after supporting my beloved Rangers for over 40 years I'm sickened by all the 'football manager' experts sucking on the medias teat calling for sparky's sacking....I've been with Rangers through ALL the highs and (mostly) lows and I don't believe that we have ever had a manager of this calibre....TF has repeatedly said that it's not an issue if we get relegated and that we are all in it together for the long haul...last season we beat Arsehole,Spuds and Liverpool at home with our supporters virtually screaming the ball into the net....now all we have is a bunch of whining media fed arse wipes jumping up and down and spewing knee jerk bollocks...the training facilities that will spawn the next Raheem Sterling that we WONT have to sell....the new ground (kept locally)...Brazils goalkeeper!!! signings from Real Madrid!!!......all down to TF AND Mark Hughes...if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't f*cking have any!!!! and thats Sparky's fault is it?....every football pundit that I've heard (that's worth a w@nk) all agree.....so do us ALL a favour eh?
if you can't stand up and support this club and what it is trying to do..........F@CK OFF eh?

Oh Dear

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 13:51 - Oct 29 with 1315 viewsJonDoeman

This attention seeking load of bollocks should've just gone the 'TF on Hughes' thread.
And this statement "I don't believe that we have ever had a manager of this calibre" is laughable, which is good going, cos he's usually 'terminally unfunny'!

It Is What It Is !!

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 14:10 - Oct 29 with 1284 viewspaulparker

Rodney, we have had Venables, Sexton, don howe, and gerry francis to name a few ,
hughes aint fit to be even in the same sentance as these !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 14:17 - Oct 29 with 1272 viewsnadera78

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 13:07 - Oct 29 by CHUBBS

NW came in under a poor regime took us away from relegation whilst strengthening all areas required during the summer.
With a team not equipped or fancied to do much more than Finnish mid table,he built the best defence in nearly two decades for a pittance.He also utilized the attacking options available perfectly storming the league with a record number of clean sheets.All this under Financial constraints, the stewardship of Briatore/Paladini and Faurlingate.
He never really had a proper chance in the Premiere with the selling of the club forcing him into making desperate mistakes due mainly to lack of preparation time.Given the same backing,time and financial support MH has had we would not be anywhere near the bottom of this league.

The only thing I'm going to pick you up on here is the finances. NW's squad cost a lot of money, not all of it spent by him of course, but it was an expensively assembled group of players all the same. Let's not forget that we were well over 40million quid in debt before TF and friends arrived.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 14:33 - Oct 29 with 1246 viewsMonkey_Roots

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Apparently its acceptable to get relegated.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 14:46 - Oct 29 with 1230 viewsCHUBBS

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Oi this is the greatest "caliber" of manager the clubs ever seen,show some respect..
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 14:56 - Oct 29 with 1216 viewsqprwpg

Regarding signing players from Real Madrid, we've had those before - Parejo. That didn't work out so well, for us at least.

Twitter: @qprwpg

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 15:12 - Oct 29 with 1203 viewsHollowayRanger

bottom line is we could be bottom and saved £10-20 million on new players and contracts

instead we have spent £10-20 million on players and contracts and are er still bottom!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 15:18 - Oct 29 with 1188 viewsCHUBBS

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 15:12 - Oct 29 by HollowayRanger

bottom line is we could be bottom and saved £10-20 million on new players and contracts

instead we have spent £10-20 million on players and contracts and are er still bottom!!!

He's actually spent over 40 million signing players wages not included never mind the free transfers on massive money sitting on the bench.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 15:27 - Oct 29 with 1178 viewsdaveB

no doubt we have spent stupid money on players, big names, big contracts etc so the longer we go without a win the worse it will get. I still think it will be turned around in the next few weeks but I said the same about Warnock last year that he should be given the easier run of games after a tough run.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:09 - Oct 29 with 1146 viewsWatfordR

"if you can't stand up and support this club and what it is trying to do..........F@CK OFF eh?"

Many happy to dig at the OP's views, but (I think) none of them have challenged his final summary.

If you are happy to let TF & co spend money on upgrading the infrastructure of the club from top to bottom, then I don't think its unreasonable to support TF & co in their choice of personnel to assist them in that job. You might not like MH - can't say I like him much as a person from what I remember of him as a player, and he appears not to be the most charismatic manager - but if he is the owner's choice, then that's good enough for me considering everything else that TF & co are doing for our club.

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:21 - Oct 29 with 1106 viewspaulparker

Watford in the whole 99.9 % of us support Tony in what he is tryng to do for us at Rangers , but even he deep downn cannot be impressed in what he is seeing,
after all he has backed him in the transfer market and at boardroom level, if we cannot get anything against Reading then for the 1st time in TF's reign he could come under some pressure to act

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:21 - Oct 29 with 1104 viewsscot1963

p1ss off telling me (and those who don't necessarily agree to toe your line) what's what and how I should support the club - you do it your way for 40 years and I'll do it mine
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:27 - Oct 29 with 1094 viewsthemodfather

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:21 - Oct 29 by scot1963

p1ss off telling me (and those who don't necessarily agree to toe your line) what's what and how I should support the club - you do it your way for 40 years and I'll do it mine

so no room for individual comment?
overall most want qpr to do well
we were lucky last season, we rarely beat a bottom team around us.
most wanted an academy , yes....few expected £70m for it from a club not long from an admin spell, some wonder how it's all being paid for and how the club is being budgeted, tv money and sponsors money will be helping but again,
a relegation now could be disastrous. the word some fear is "portsmouth",
2 back to back wins could really see the pressure off but we need a goal SCORER.
i reserve the right to be a w@nke*, i may even know it
WHAT I WOULD LIKE IS THE BOARD TO TELL US FANS , THE "PLAN" cos i think they have gambled ALL on a man with ltd track record as a manager.
it's a result business, w@nke* or not.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:32 - Oct 29 with 1086 viewsWatfordR

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:21 - Oct 29 by paulparker

Watford in the whole 99.9 % of us support Tony in what he is tryng to do for us at Rangers , but even he deep downn cannot be impressed in what he is seeing,
after all he has backed him in the transfer market and at boardroom level, if we cannot get anything against Reading then for the 1st time in TF's reign he could come under some pressure to act

Well it depends what he is looking for. My recollection is that TF was looking for someone to play a key role in overhauling the club from top to bottom. Results obviously are important, but from a long term point of view, so are a lot of other things that are going on behind the scenes.

I keep coming back to SAF's early years at United, and particularly four years after his appointment where results had been poor to say the least:

"Ferguson later revealed that the board of directors had assured him that they were not considering dismissing him. Although naturally disappointed with the lack of success in the league, they understood the reasons for the sub-standard results (namely the absence of several key players due to injury) and were pleased with the way that Ferguson had reorganised the club's coaching and scouting system."

Some of our supporters talk about wanting long term stability and security for the club, and then appear to suggest that "long term" in their book is about 3 months.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:38 - Oct 29 with 1071 viewspaulparker

again Watford agree with your post, but that was over 20 years ago re SAF, The pressure to stay in the league is probably more so than winning it now,
if we had won maybe 2 of the games this season then we could afford to be patient, ie re tatics and selection, i think the crux is we are all worried as relegation with this team and the promises made by Hughes would make us the biggest laughing stock in Football

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:42 - Oct 29 with 1067 viewsbeeeater

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:27 - Oct 29 by themodfather

so no room for individual comment?
overall most want qpr to do well
we were lucky last season, we rarely beat a bottom team around us.
most wanted an academy , yes....few expected £70m for it from a club not long from an admin spell, some wonder how it's all being paid for and how the club is being budgeted, tv money and sponsors money will be helping but again,
a relegation now could be disastrous. the word some fear is "portsmouth",
2 back to back wins could really see the pressure off but we need a goal SCORER.
i reserve the right to be a w@nke*, i may even know it
WHAT I WOULD LIKE IS THE BOARD TO TELL US FANS , THE "PLAN" cos i think they have gambled ALL on a man with ltd track record as a manager.
it's a result business, w@nke* or not.

Best post so far on this thread. I fear that TF and the board really are stubbornly screwing this all up .
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:43 - Oct 29 with 1062 viewstom007

have to win away to stay up and lets face it his record away speaks for itself.
for the believers i would love a bet with you.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:54 - Oct 29 with 1043 viewsShackletonR

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 13:06 - Oct 29 by Monkey_Roots

Firstly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Secondly, we all support the club or else we wouldn't be here.

You make some excellent points - the training facilities and stadium are really positive steps towards a brighter and more stable future. Mark Hughes has without question made some superb signings for the R's - truly unheard of 5 years ago... but I think the frustration isn't with the points you have made in your initial post - the frustration is the lack of progression given all the superb signings, and Hughes' insistence that Zamora and SWP are going to deliver what the R's need - goals. Its not working.

To tell the truth, I'm a bit conflicted - on the one hand I think if we don't beat Reading at home, then Hughes may have to go down the road - yes, QPR are a long-term project at the moment, but I think relegation would be a disaster that would take us into an even longer project... and we're approaching christmas, and the bottom club at christmas etc etc.

On the other hand I kind of respect Tony Fernandes for sticking with Hughes and showing a refreshing attitude of trust and wanting stability above anything else.

I for one would LOVE Tony's persistence and faith in Hughes to pay off - I would LOVE QPR to start petting some points on the board, expressing themselves on the pitch and if Hughes is the man to do that, then i'm all for it... its just, how long do you wait, when the cut-off point?... have you asked yourself 'what if Hughes isn't going to do it no matter how long you give him?'. Its a gamble at this point, and a bit of a worry.

I'm happy to stand up and support the club - ideally I would also like to see some sort of momentum forward at some point point.

Im with you, its knowing when to stick or twist to an extent, West Spam stuck with the Avram undertaker two seasons ago and it back fired, people saying he's a good man and manager, thinking he would get them out of trouble, never did and went down.

Then you have the Wolves situation they sack Mick McCarthy, install Terry Conner after a shambles of not getting the person they wanted to replace McCarthy and then get relageted, should they off stuck it out with him.

Or you do it the WBA way, make the decision that its not going to turn around, look who's available, in there case Roy Hodgson and sack the manager then stay up. We all no who's available right now so does TF make that decision for us.

Who would want to be a Chairman, damed if you do or damed if you dont.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 16:56 - Oct 29 with 1041 viewsadhoc_qpr

Relegation is obviously not part of TF's grand plan though, so much of it hinges on being a premiership club due to the increased income and exposure that it brings.

We attracted all these great players, but if we get relegated it will have been pointless as the likes of Granero, Diakite, Faurlin, Cisse etc will all move on and probably be sold for a loss at that.

The youth academy and focus on it is refreshing and long overdue - but we won't be attacting the top young London talent if we aren't in the prem.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:02 - Oct 29 with 1033 viewstom007

also beating reading who aint won a game yet in the league can we really see that as any kind of achievement , this is something for me put into perspective something with our squad should be doing with their eyes closed and will prove nothing to me if we manage to win , it is ultimately as far as i am concerned now all about away form and picking up the odd win because if we do not it is likely we will be doomed anyway no matter how we do at home.
you will always have 1 club or 2 that get detached from the rest and then there is a scramble for the 3rd relegation place.
for me reading and southampton will eventually end up below us although with southampton,s money come january they could spend big and turn it around.
but 3rd from bottom can you see any club apart from the 2 mentioned being worse than us.
we play ok football is about as good as i see it you can dominate for 89 mins and lose regularly.
its alright having bite if you got teeth in your mouth to bite with.
we do not have relegation hardened players in the squad , we got a lot of oldies and a few quality players from other countries more used to being in squads up top end of their leagues , this in past has also been problematic for some clubs.
ie: middlesboro with juninho , etc.
quality does not give you the right to succeed.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:08 - Oct 29 with 890 viewshoopstilidie

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:02 - Oct 29 by tom007

also beating reading who aint won a game yet in the league can we really see that as any kind of achievement , this is something for me put into perspective something with our squad should be doing with their eyes closed and will prove nothing to me if we manage to win , it is ultimately as far as i am concerned now all about away form and picking up the odd win because if we do not it is likely we will be doomed anyway no matter how we do at home.
you will always have 1 club or 2 that get detached from the rest and then there is a scramble for the 3rd relegation place.
for me reading and southampton will eventually end up below us although with southampton,s money come january they could spend big and turn it around.
but 3rd from bottom can you see any club apart from the 2 mentioned being worse than us.
we play ok football is about as good as i see it you can dominate for 89 mins and lose regularly.
we do not have relegation hardened players in the squad , we got a lot of oldies and a few quality players from other countries more used to being in squads up top end of their leagues , this in past has also been problematic for some clubs.

Swansea have lost their keeper for a decent chunk and he's saved them no end of points. They'll struggle without him. Norwich will be in the reckoning too.

In fact for bottom 3 you could be perming any one from 7 or 8 and there are injuries and suspensions to come with that too that can define a team's season.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:11 - Oct 29 with 882 viewstom007

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:08 - Oct 29 by hoopstilidie

Swansea have lost their keeper for a decent chunk and he's saved them no end of points. They'll struggle without him. Norwich will be in the reckoning too.

In fact for bottom 3 you could be perming any one from 7 or 8 and there are injuries and suspensions to come with that too that can define a team's season.

lets hope it works out 1 way or another.
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:14 - Oct 29 with 878 viewshoopstilidie

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:11 - Oct 29 by tom007

lets hope it works out 1 way or another.

Amen brother

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 18:27 - Oct 29 with 841 viewsfinney

Mr Rodneysgongger sir you can not be a day over 35?
ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 18:29 - Oct 29 with 837 viewsMonkey_Roots

ALL the W@NKERS calling for Hughes' head on 17:02 - Oct 29 by tom007

I see what you are saying regarding away form, but I think the most important and immediate task is a win.

Winning is a habit, it breeds confidence, it relieves pressure.

We can all agree there or thereabouts that we have a squad of talented players, some of whom have come from sides where a winning mentality is bred from the off - once we get a win its infectious, hopefully it'll catch-on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024