Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baffled 11:35 - Oct 28 with 3845 viewsdaveB

have to say I find some of the posts on here incredible. Have we really forgotten where we came from, the idea of going to Arsenal two years in a row and pushing them very close would have been a pipe dream 2/3 years ago, now thats seen as not good enough.

We played a top 4 side yesterday, matched them for most of the game, got into some great positions playing some very good football but the final ball let us down. Hoiletts goal looked onside to me but not seen it on tv yet.

I fancied us to nick it 1-0 until the sending off which gacve them a massi ve boost when they seemed to have run out of ideas. I'd fine Mbia heavily for that, was brainless and he let everyone down after a good performance. The Arsenal goal was offside and we still had chances to win or draw after that.

Great save at the end from Granero and not sure how Mackie didn't put that one in at the end, all in all against a top four side that was a prety good away performance, could have been better but certainly not as bad as many are making out. We defended well, created chances and did all you can hope for in these kind of games. Lets see where we are at the end of November before screaming for people to be sacked.

Cesar was a different class again, made two world class saves, Granero played well, Diakite looked solid and Traore had another promising game, it's not all bad thats for sure. I've seen far worse than this over the years.
Baffled on 13:56 - Oct 28 with 794 viewsdaveB

Baffled on 13:38 - Oct 28 by Hayesender

It's the way Hughes set us up, and the negative tactics that I'm fed up with.

Defeats I can take, negative crap from a very highly paid manager I find hard to take

i didn't think we were negative yesterday, it was an attaking side but always hard at arsenal to dominate game and times in these games you have to defend in numbers and keep them at bay which we did well yesterday.
If we'd gone and been beat by 5 or 6 yesterday with a clueless display I'd agree that Hughes should go but based on how we've played the last two games it's a vast improvement and something to build on
Baffled on 21:01 - Oct 28 with 735 viewsozexile

Baffled on 13:56 - Oct 28 by daveB

i didn't think we were negative yesterday, it was an attaking side but always hard at arsenal to dominate game and times in these games you have to defend in numbers and keep them at bay which we did well yesterday.
If we'd gone and been beat by 5 or 6 yesterday with a clueless display I'd agree that Hughes should go but based on how we've played the last two games it's a vast improvement and something to build on

It is a culmination of things that's now coming to a head not yesterday's game. I truly believe Hughes hasn't got a clue what his next move is or how we're gonna get out of this mess. Wasted pre season, buying players for the sake of it with no plan on where they'll fit in. No system on the pitch. Erratic team selections the list goes on and on.
Baffled on 21:32 - Oct 28 with 716 viewsdaveB

Baffled on 21:01 - Oct 28 by ozexile

It is a culmination of things that's now coming to a head not yesterday's game. I truly believe Hughes hasn't got a clue what his next move is or how we're gonna get out of this mess. Wasted pre season, buying players for the sake of it with no plan on where they'll fit in. No system on the pitch. Erratic team selections the list goes on and on.

what was erratic about the team selection yesterday?

I'm just not sure what everyone expected to happen yesterday, did people really expect us to go to arsenal , play free flowing attacking football and win the game comfortably? We went with a game plan and did the job pretty well until the red card, i just think the stick the team and Hughes is getting on here for yesterdays game is very unfair. I understood and agreed with the stick after west brom and west ham but yesterdays tactics and performance don't deserve this
Baffled on 21:43 - Oct 28 with 708 viewsRanger78

Totaly agree with the original post.

Its also very clear that the players are all still playing for Hughes and that's massive. Also, whichever way you look at it, all of the top sides we have played have struggled to beat us. We have only played really badly twice.

The bookies and all of the pundits think well be fine and so do I. We need to get behind everyone on Sunday and not create a tense negative atmosphere.

Interesting article with Robbie Savage on BBC website.. He hasn't always been too kind about us :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20116250

Baffled on 21:54 - Oct 28 with 695 viewsozexile

Baffled on 21:32 - Oct 28 by daveB

what was erratic about the team selection yesterday?

I'm just not sure what everyone expected to happen yesterday, did people really expect us to go to arsenal , play free flowing attacking football and win the game comfortably? We went with a game plan and did the job pretty well until the red card, i just think the stick the team and Hughes is getting on here for yesterdays game is very unfair. I understood and agreed with the stick after west brom and west ham but yesterdays tactics and performance don't deserve this

Well lets take the start of the season. We start with 4-4-2. So ghis is surely how Hughes wants us to play. Then I believe Norwich was the same. Then that's abandoned? So 2 games into the season and we've already changed our set up. Then Faurlin is rushed back in and plays 3 tough games in a row. Just when he may be building match fitness he's dropped. Taarabt had a stinker first game and then is missing for the next 4 or 5. Mbia has he been brought as centre mid or holding midfielder? I think centre half, but at west brom he played in midfield.
If you're then gonna revert to playing Zamora as the lone striker ( a role he's wholly unsuited for) why wasn't Helguson kept on? Hoillet missing for the first 7 games and yet SWP plays every week. That I believe is erratic selections.
Baffled on 22:36 - Oct 28 with 676 viewsqueensparker

Baffled on 21:43 - Oct 28 by Ranger78

Totaly agree with the original post.

Its also very clear that the players are all still playing for Hughes and that's massive. Also, whichever way you look at it, all of the top sides we have played have struggled to beat us. We have only played really badly twice.

The bookies and all of the pundits think well be fine and so do I. We need to get behind everyone on Sunday and not create a tense negative atmosphere.

Interesting article with Robbie Savage on BBC website.. He hasn't always been too kind about us :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20116250

It comes to something when you're relying on Robbie Savage for a sensible take on things, but he's played under Hughes for club and country.

Agree with DaveB - did we really think we were going to go to Arsenal and win? This is QPR, our wins at Arsenal are so few most fans could name every single one in the last 30 years.

Baffled on 08:52 - Oct 29 with 623 viewsbeeeater

its to do with what Hughes hasdone since january not just the last game Im bafffled people still defend him. weve sacked previous managers over the last few years for far less worse records
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024