Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Ki chap 15:43 - Aug 3 with 10621 viewsPigbag

Why is everyone praying we sign him, I'm not saying you shouldn't I just havn't seen him play yet and I'm wondering what everyones seen of him to warrant the excitement. He's got the whole board buzzing, does he really look that good a prospect? If so then im game.
This Ki chap on 18:56 - Aug 3 with 1929 viewsTacticalR

This Ki chap on 18:46 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I'm not saying players can't adjust, I just think people place undue significance on performance in Scottish football. If we were talking about signing a South Korean from a team in the Albanian First Division for £7m we'd be wondering if Hughes had gone mad, but because he's coming from Celtic people see positives when in reality it's the equivalent.

He might be alright, just as the guy from Albania might be alright, but you can place zero, literally zero, stock in him based on what he's done in Scotland. It's one of, if not the, worst leagues in Europe and performing there is an indication of nothing other than the ability to get up in the morning and put on a football kit.

Think of the shirt sales in Tirana.

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 18:57 - Aug 3 with 1927 viewsNorthernr

This Ki chap on 18:52 - Aug 3 by JonDoeman

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/ki-sung-yeung-why-qpr-should-snap-up

I'm sure he's terrific, but that article starts with "He's been running the show in midfield for Celtic..." and at that point I gave up. So what? I'd back myself to hold my own in the SPL.
This Ki chap on 19:02 - Aug 3 with 1921 viewskarl

I'm not saying players can't adjust, I just think people place undue significance on performance in Scottish football. If we were talking about signing a South Korean from a team in the Albanian First Division for £7m we'd be wondering if Hughes had gone mad, but because he's coming from Celtic people see positives when in reality it's the equivalent.

He might be alright, just as the guy from Albania might be alright, but you can place zero, literally zero, stock in him based on what he's done in Scotland. It's one of, if not the, worst leagues in Europe and performing there is an indication of nothing other than the ability to get up in the morning and put on a football kit.

Sorry but that is rubbish.
I have shown, and you commented on it, where 8-10% of last year's 25 man squads in England PL had played in Scotland. You pointed out how shan, on average, the player's on the list were. By that you also maintain 10% of EPL players are crap - The greatest league in the world and that many, and surely more, are crap?
I know you like to be a bit loud about your dislike for Scottish football but dont get too hysterical as it does dilute my value of your opinion on other pieces you write.
Btw 'Dave' was mentioned in a spurious rumour of being on trial at Hibs, do you think he'd cut it!
This Ki chap on 19:08 - Aug 3 with 1912 viewsTacticalR

So if 10% of EPL players are crap, and 10% of EPL players have come from Scotland, is that the same 10%? Just asking

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 19:12 - Aug 3 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

This Ki chap on 19:02 - Aug 3 by karl

Sorry but that is rubbish.
I have shown, and you commented on it, where 8-10% of last year's 25 man squads in England PL had played in Scotland. You pointed out how shan, on average, the player's on the list were. By that you also maintain 10% of EPL players are crap - The greatest league in the world and that many, and surely more, are crap?
I know you like to be a bit loud about your dislike for Scottish football but dont get too hysterical as it does dilute my value of your opinion on other pieces you write.
Btw 'Dave' was mentioned in a spurious rumour of being on trial at Hibs, do you think he'd cut it!

Seven lines of post completely undermined by the eighth which proves my point. As does Rowan Vine signing for St Johnstone.
This Ki chap on 19:20 - Aug 3 with 1899 viewskarl

This Ki chap on 19:08 - Aug 3 by TacticalR

So if 10% of EPL players are crap, and 10% of EPL players have come from Scotland, is that the same 10%? Just asking

Yes, if North reckons the players that have played in Scotland are, generally, crap and they are 10% in number of the players in EPL then that means 10% of EPL players are crap.
Emile Heskey, Rob Hulse and Dave have never, to my knowledge, played in Scotland so you can certainly add to the 10%

You'll not find a post where i say Scottish football is great but having watched Hibs and QPR in the flesh over the years i would say that Hibs were markedly more skilfull and entertaining than QPR when we were in the bottom half of the Championship and League 1. Whether that extra strength and athleticism, i think is also in the Championship compared to Scotland, would have closed the gap in a head to head idont know.
This tells me where your average Scottish PL team would level out in England, Rangers and Celtic 2-3 years ago would have been low EPL/top 6 Championship imo.
Not a great level but far from the worst
This Ki chap on 19:24 - Aug 3 with 1895 viewsNorthernr

This Ki chap on 19:20 - Aug 3 by karl

Yes, if North reckons the players that have played in Scotland are, generally, crap and they are 10% in number of the players in EPL then that means 10% of EPL players are crap.
Emile Heskey, Rob Hulse and Dave have never, to my knowledge, played in Scotland so you can certainly add to the 10%

You'll not find a post where i say Scottish football is great but having watched Hibs and QPR in the flesh over the years i would say that Hibs were markedly more skilfull and entertaining than QPR when we were in the bottom half of the Championship and League 1. Whether that extra strength and athleticism, i think is also in the Championship compared to Scotland, would have closed the gap in a head to head idont know.
This tells me where your average Scottish PL team would level out in England, Rangers and Celtic 2-3 years ago would have been low EPL/top 6 Championship imo.
Not a great level but far from the worst

I couldn't disagree more. But it's nearly northern rugby time and I haven't had my dinner yet so I'll leave it.

Northern rugby, incidentally, is one of 368 sports I'd watch before I watched Scottish football.
This Ki chap on 19:25 - Aug 3 with 1894 viewskarl

This Ki chap on 19:12 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Seven lines of post completely undermined by the eighth which proves my point. As does Rowan Vine signing for St Johnstone.

Weak
You picked on my 'ironic' statement to 'prove' your stance
Login to get fewer ads

This Ki chap on 19:26 - Aug 3 with 1892 viewskarl

This Ki chap on 19:24 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I couldn't disagree more. But it's nearly northern rugby time and I haven't had my dinner yet so I'll leave it.

Northern rugby, incidentally, is one of 368 sports I'd watch before I watched Scottish football.

OK no problem
This Ki chap on 19:27 - Aug 3 with 1886 viewsNorthernr

This Ki chap on 19:25 - Aug 3 by karl

Weak
You picked on my 'ironic' statement to 'prove' your stance

I'm only half serious. It's Friday night after all
This Ki chap on 19:31 - Aug 3 with 1881 viewsTacticalR

What I want to know is, with the new scouting network, does Hughes have a man in Albania?

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 19:44 - Aug 3 with 1864 viewskarl

This Ki chap on 19:27 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I'm only half serious. It's Friday night after all

And you've 'one eye' on Jessica Ennis
This Ki chap on 19:45 - Aug 3 with 1863 viewsNorthernr

This Ki chap on 19:44 - Aug 3 by karl

And you've 'one eye' on Jessica Ennis

I'll have three eyes on her tomorrow night.
This Ki chap on 19:57 - Aug 3 with 1852 viewskarl

This Ki chap on 19:45 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I'll have three eyes on her tomorrow night.

Does she realise that having 'the eyes of the nation' on her might not be such a good thing?
This Ki chap on 21:12 - Aug 3 with 1827 viewsjamois

well this one's been put to bed by the fact that fulham have apparently gazumped us (according to 'The Sun')

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

This Ki chap on 21:20 - Aug 3 with 1768 viewskarl

This Ki chap on 21:12 - Aug 3 by jamois

well this one's been put to bed by the fact that fulham have apparently gazumped us (according to 'The Sun')

Seem to be after him right enough. Might be replacement for Murphy in their set up where midfielders work around him and his passing will be his main addition to the team?
This Ki chap on 22:09 - Aug 3 with 1739 viewsNorthernr

Well Fulham need to sign somebody soon, they'll have nobody left the way they're going.

It's a good old fashioned South Korean shirt selling shoot off in West London.
This Ki chap on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 1688 viewshoopstilidie

I would imagine he was a fall back position in case the Park deal didn't happen.
Really can't see the fact he is also Korean as being coincidental.
Got first choice Park so don't need second choice Ki.
IMO

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

This Ki chap on 11:48 - Aug 4 with 1645 viewshoopdog

JELIELCA of Everton enough said !,never mind about SPL you can still find diamonds in even lesser leagues , that is if you believe Hughs has enough wit to do his homework on intended purchases
This Ki chap on 22:45 - Aug 4 with 1598 viewsJonDoeman

No doubt about it the kid Ki can play.

It Is What It Is !!

This Ki chap on 22:47 - Aug 4 with 1594 viewsEalingRanger

How did he do against Team GB tonight?
This Ki chap on 22:55 - Aug 4 with 1575 viewsRANGERS4EVER

IMO he was good and scored a great penalty , better than that cocky tw@t Ramsey

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

This Ki chap on 23:20 - Aug 4 with 1538 viewsTacticalR

It was his pass that led to the Korean goal.

Air hostess clique

This Ki chap on 23:24 - Aug 4 with 1526 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

SIGN HIM!! We want more and more and ...

It's got to be Yarg

This Ki chap on 23:30 - Aug 4 with 1513 viewsDieByYourSide

Incidentally, earlier tonight on everyone's favourite communication medium, Twitter....

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

Ki Sung-Yeung looks like he will be ending up at #QPR after the Olympics. #Celtic #Football

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024