Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Saturday 17:44 - Oct 24 with 171 viewsTheOldOakTree

Let's be perfectly clear, football at 12:30 is wrong and always will be.

I've just seen that the Salford supporters coach is leaving at 5:15am (i'm not sure if they are peddling the ###ing thing), but that is a ridiculous time to have to catch a coach for what isn't a particularly long journey. They deserve a medal, and the TV companies should be made to supply them with a voucher for beer and pies.

Just imagine a young supporter, working all week then out clubbing on a Friday night. By the time you've had a Doner (or a Donna if you're lucky - or both if she's a bit rough), there's no point heading for your pit, you might as well go straight to the coach, complete with chilli sauce down the front of your shirt.

https://www.salfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2024/september/16/colchester-united-a-ticke
[Post edited 24 Oct 18:01]
This Saturday on 19:30 - Oct 24 with 90 viewsgerry_us

Frankly it is totally the wrong time for any sort of a football match not even giving a thought to travelling away Salford supporters for who I feel very sorry. I for one would never ever leave home at 5.15 for anything let alone a U's footy match.
Saturdays at 3 00 or weekdays at 7 45 should be cast in stone. It's not as if we get millions of £'s for presumably being on tv.
This Saturday on 21:33 - Oct 24 with 53 viewswessex_exile

This Saturday on 19:30 - Oct 24 by gerry_us

Frankly it is totally the wrong time for any sort of a football match not even giving a thought to travelling away Salford supporters for who I feel very sorry. I for one would never ever leave home at 5.15 for anything let alone a U's footy match.
Saturdays at 3 00 or weekdays at 7 45 should be cast in stone. It's not as if we get millions of £'s for presumably being on tv.

...and the flimsy premise being they don't want to impact attendance by streaming matches at 3pm - which is exactly what they are doing. I care little for Saltyford usually, but I feel for those few of their loyal supporters who are subjected to a 5:15 start and will still make the trip.

Pure unadulterated greed, plain and simple, and it's a cancer in our game.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024