Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bosman Mk II? 12:35 - Oct 3 with 852 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/03/lassana-diarra-case-explained-f

Could kill alot of clubs if it goes against FIFA.
Bosman Mk II? on 10:56 - Oct 4 with 361 viewsdmm

The case looks like it will rumble on further but that the transfer rules of Fifa go against European Union laws, as the EU’s top court has now ruled, must mean changes will have to be made.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2024/oct/04/landmark-transfer-case-ver
Bosman Mk II? on 12:11 - Oct 4 with 216 viewsDWQPR

Bosman Mk II? on 10:56 - Oct 4 by dmm

The case looks like it will rumble on further but that the transfer rules of Fifa go against European Union laws, as the EU’s top court has now ruled, must mean changes will have to be made.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2024/oct/04/landmark-transfer-case-ver

Would really be a right bummer for teams that have spent well in excess of £1billion on transfer fees and also secured players on multi year contracts!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Bosman Mk II? on 12:23 - Oct 4 with 168 viewsDavieQPR

If I read it properly the EU Court has only recommended and the actual decision is with the Belgium Courts who are not legally bound to come to the same conclusion/
Bosman Mk II? on 12:23 - Oct 4 with 168 viewsJuzzie

Bosman Mk II? on 12:11 - Oct 4 by DWQPR

Would really be a right bummer for teams that have spent well in excess of £1billion on transfer fees and also secured players on multi year contracts!

It'll probably render transfer fee's obsolete but if a player is under contract then they can't just leave because they want to as they will have to compensate the club for the remainder of the contract so that protects the club.
I'd imagine any existing contracts wouldn't be affected by any new ruling and would only apply to new contracts thereafter.

Of course, no transfer fee's means players and agents can just hoover up even more money than before. £250k a week for your bog-standard average squad type player?? The world has gone mad.
Meanwhile, there's no money going around between the clubs so they are ever more reliant on TV money and just become Sky's bitches more so than already.

It could mean the end of those long contracts and players will just sign one year deals if they have the confidence they can move elsewhere the following season. That's a risk though as if they get a long term injury and their contract only has a couple of months left then they'll be without a club until they are healed but then if you're being paid stupid amounts of money per week, I doubt they'll go hungry if that happens.

It'll also play havoc in trying to build a stable squad if you have players coming in and out more often than at Cynthia Payne's home.

I know we have people here at work, top executives etc. who are on a fixed term contract rather than just a 'normal' contract like me so I'd be interested in how it would work in football?

[Post edited 4 Oct 13:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024