Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager 22:30 - Sep 30 with 1346 viewsGRIM

Surely Martin will go after the Arsenal game if not before.
We know Adam Lallana was not brought in as just a player, he's here for a role in coaching or Managing.
What's the chances of him taken temporary charge as interim Player Manager while SR deliberate on who to appoint as the next permanent Manager.
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 02:30 - Oct 1 with 1117 viewsJoiedevivre

I’d take anything. Even Katie Price as manager.
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 08:42 - Oct 1 with 874 viewskingslandstand1

He certainly showed some desire last night and had the balls fir a long conversation with Oliver over something without a booking, though was booked later
You see him trying to cajole the players as well which was needed on the pitch
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 09:54 - Oct 1 with 816 viewsJellybaby

This thought certainly crossed my mind. He has been one of very few positives this season.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 10:58 - Oct 1 with 751 viewsUTS1885

Corteses rentboy and his little poison pusher in the changing room.
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 11:07 - Oct 1 with 743 viewsBerber

If SR haven’t already picked another manager, they are truly clueless. It has been obvious from before the beginning of the season that the coaching and squad strength were at best inadequate for the PL. I am not sure that there is any more learning to come from this unfolding debacle.

Oh how i wish I would have to eat these words later in the season, but somehow don’t think that is going to happen.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 13:21 - Oct 1 with 679 viewsPatfromPoole

I seem to remember when we sacked Branfoot, that Peter Reid left pretty much immediately as a player, as he didn't want to be seen to be doing the dirty on Branfoot, who had brought him to the club in the twilight of his playing days.

There are potential parallels with the Martin / Lallana dynamic.

I however somehow doubt Lallana would be similarly principled if Martin got the heave-ho.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 13:39 - Oct 1 with 667 viewsdirk_doone

If we're going down the club connection route (and SR probably aren't), Fonte is better managerial material than Lallana. I could see him sorting out our defence and improving our younger players. With his connections in Portugal and France, he'd probably attract some good players here too. He's 40 now and would jump at the chance to manage Saints, even in our current predicament.
[Post edited 1 Oct 13:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 13:51 - Oct 1 with 629 viewsGRIM

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 13:39 - Oct 1 by dirk_doone

If we're going down the club connection route (and SR probably aren't), Fonte is better managerial material than Lallana. I could see him sorting out our defence and improving our younger players. With his connections in Portugal and France, he'd probably attract some good players here too. He's 40 now and would jump at the chance to manage Saints, even in our current predicament.
[Post edited 1 Oct 13:47]

But it comes down to money.
Lallana is already on the payroll so it wouldn't cost the club anything.
If they bring in a new man they have to pay RM the balance of his contract + the wages of an expensive new manager.
But we talking about SR here & they never do the simple thing & normally get it wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 14:07 - Oct 1 with 608 viewsIfonly

If we've given up on the PL this year then we have a free hand, but if we want to survive then we need a manager who knows how to do that. The likes of Lallana and Fonte don't fit the bill. Lallana as a stop gap for 1 or 2 games might be an option but really, if the board are doing their job then they already have a shortlist and should be able to move quickly.

If we want to survive then the sensible choice is Moyes. He'd be hated by many fans but he's the one who would give us the best chance of staying up.
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 14:10 - Oct 1 with 603 viewsGRIM

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 14:07 - Oct 1 by Ifonly

If we've given up on the PL this year then we have a free hand, but if we want to survive then we need a manager who knows how to do that. The likes of Lallana and Fonte don't fit the bill. Lallana as a stop gap for 1 or 2 games might be an option but really, if the board are doing their job then they already have a shortlist and should be able to move quickly.

If we want to survive then the sensible choice is Moyes. He'd be hated by many fans but he's the one who would give us the best chance of staying up.

a) SR never do anything quickly
b) I can understand why you might suggest Moyes but please No, not for me.
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 17:54 - Oct 1 with 493 viewsdavidargyll

I think it’s much more to do with how much faith Solak still has in Rasmus Ankersen’s black box. Because I reckon Moyes would just blow it up, in other words there has to be a board room bust up for there to be any change in managerial philosophy.
How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 08:58 - Oct 2 with 277 viewsHollywood56

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 13:21 - Oct 1 by PatfromPoole

I seem to remember when we sacked Branfoot, that Peter Reid left pretty much immediately as a player, as he didn't want to be seen to be doing the dirty on Branfoot, who had brought him to the club in the twilight of his playing days.

There are potential parallels with the Martin / Lallana dynamic.

I however somehow doubt Lallana would be similarly principled if Martin got the heave-ho.

How about Lallana as assistant player manager with Graham Potter as head coach?

Poll: Potter as head coach and Llallana as his assistant

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 09:35 - Oct 2 with 223 viewsGRIM

How about Lallana as interim Player Manager on 08:58 - Oct 2 by Hollywood56

How about Lallana as assistant player manager with Graham Potter as head coach?

Sounds a reasonable idea.
But whoever does it is on a hiding to nothing.
The current squad isn't good enough to survive in Premier Lge.
The only chance we had of staying up was getting off to a good start & getting some early points in the bag, we haven't done that, we've done just the opposite & after the next couple of games we'll be detached at the bottom.
I wish I could be more optimistic but just can't see any hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024