Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential good news re Tyler Dibling 17:36 - Sep 18 with 1075 viewsInTimeAddedOn

If the report (link below) is accurate then it sounds like really good news for Saints. Sounds like the Club have woken up to the fact Tyler’s contract expires summer 2026 and if this report is accurate he has no interest in moving to another Club.

https://www.givemesport.com/southampton-transfer-news-tyler-dibling-expected-sig

And for the record, Jason Wilcox at United (supposedly ‘linked’) can do one! Go shopping for some Citeh youngsters, you’re good at that 🙂
[Post edited 18 Sep 22:44]
Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 17:59 - Sep 18 with 1021 viewsUTS1885

He owes us to sign a new contract with a reasonable sell fee clause.
Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 18:55 - Sep 18 with 921 viewsdjsaint

Tyler’s existing contract (only signed Dec last yr) runs to 2026 with a rumoured 12 month’s extension clause, so anyone comes knocking it’s going to cost them!
Be good to see him get deserved improved terms though, hopefully with further extension!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 18:57 - Sep 18 with 915 viewsgrumpy

Best prospect I have seen in years.
Every-time he gets the ball there is an expectation in the air.
Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 21:02 - Sep 18 with 699 viewssaintwizzler

Absolute bollócks.
An offer comes in for him for more money and he’ll be up the frog quicker than you can say “WALL OF NOISE”

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 655 views1885_SFC

Yep, if the money is right, he'll be gotten rid of quicker than a Hezbollah pager!

Old School is Cool

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 08:33 - Sep 19 with 362 viewssaint901

He "owes" us nothing.

He is a young professional making his way in a industry which would not think twice about leaving him in a ditch if he gets injured or loses form. If the industry (which is basically ALL the clubs) care nothing for him, why should he feel that he owes any of them anything?

Yes I hope he stays but the reality here is that the club wants to make his contract longer and better only because it increases his value on the market should we be looking to sell at the end of the season.

He's also a player who would benefit from having excellent coaches around him - and whatever we think if City, that's what they have - and to play in a side which has more confidence.

If we can see this, so can his agent, parents and anybody else who helps him.

But expecting loyalty from ANY player is bonkers.
Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 10:11 - Sep 19 with 257 viewsButty101

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 08:33 - Sep 19 by saint901

He "owes" us nothing.

He is a young professional making his way in a industry which would not think twice about leaving him in a ditch if he gets injured or loses form. If the industry (which is basically ALL the clubs) care nothing for him, why should he feel that he owes any of them anything?

Yes I hope he stays but the reality here is that the club wants to make his contract longer and better only because it increases his value on the market should we be looking to sell at the end of the season.

He's also a player who would benefit from having excellent coaches around him - and whatever we think if City, that's what they have - and to play in a side which has more confidence.

If we can see this, so can his agent, parents and anybody else who helps him.

But expecting loyalty from ANY player is bonkers.

You are right he owes us nothing,
I would say on the injury front Saints have looked after several players that have come through the academy and got injured in the past.

Hopefully by some miracle we stay up this season and he hangs about for another year.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 10:30 - Sep 19 with 232 viewssaint901

You are correct that the club does help academy players and more senior players who get injured, but look a little deeper.

Any player on a contract will be insured against injury. That insurance pay out goes to the club to offset salary and medical costs. An injured player therefore costs the club very little except perhaps to fill a physio's day which he/she would have spent anyway at the club.

Be nice to think that the club does this out of respect for the player or the football industry or to conform with best practice as defined by the PL/FA but the reality is much more mercenary.

If it costs little to keep a player under treatment and he may recover enough to play again or be sold, then business economics kick in.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 11:03 - Sep 19 with 182 viewssaintwizzler

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 10:11 - Sep 19 by Butty101

You are right he owes us nothing,
I would say on the injury front Saints have looked after several players that have come through the academy and got injured in the past.

Hopefully by some miracle we stay up this season and he hangs about for another year.

Let’s hope he stays until the end of the season!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Potential good news re Tyler Dibling on 11:51 - Sep 19 with 121 viewsSonicBoom

Surely he stays for the season at least.
And I would say play him. I know we're supposed to baby these young players but he'll be off soon so we should get as much from him as we can. Let whoever buys him and pays him a fortune manage his game time.
I'm a bit tired of these players being here, getting injured or whatever, we rehab them slowly, then they leave the first chance they're back on their feet, so we see virtually nothing from them.
Play him til he goes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024