Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was congestion like yesterday ? 10:35 - Sep 15 with 1480 viewsUTS1885

Engaged elsewhere, I’d like to hear what people thought of post match departure around the back of the stadium.
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 12:17 - Sep 15 with 1364 viewskingslandstand1

Left 30 secs before the end (as the 3rd went in!) as we expected the Utd fans to stay in to celebrate an easy win, but was surprised how many had left although no major issues thro the ind estate at that time. Was still a bit intimidating though. A lot of plod around there as well and noticed all were searched on way in. Not sure how it was Itchen/Chapel corner
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 15:23 - Sep 15 with 1283 viewssledger

wasnt a problem the exodus started at 75 minutes so more spread out
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:16 - Sep 15 with 1253 viewsUTS1885

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 15:23 - Sep 15 by sledger

wasnt a problem the exodus started at 75 minutes so more spread out

Yeah that looks to have been the case looking at highlights.
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 13:28 - Sep 16 with 935 viewsSaintNick

It didn't appear that bad, given that a lot more stayed to the final minutes than did against Forest, it was pretty similar to last season.

One thing that did change though was that they had security on the bottom of the steps of the footbridge who kept stopping the crowd flow, a few people were getting a bit irate

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 14:06 - Sep 16 with 911 viewsTimSaint

From Itchen, past the Northam Fan Zone to the footbridge was horrendously packed. There was no clear path through, as fans were randomly stopping to chat or watch the band. Yes there were some 'keep clear' areas painted on the ground, but it was so busy that nobody could actually read the signs.

The footbridge was packed as usual and the stewards that should have been sorting out the clear ways in the fan zone, were actually stood half way up the ramp to the footbridge, employing a stop-start crowd calming tactic, that actually had the reverse affect.

TimSaint

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 14:49 - Sep 16 with 885 viewsUTS1885

I ask the question because ive been in direct contact with those at the council, who are responsible for the safety licence. Tyring to get any conversation with the club is pissing in the wind. Employing a former old bill has seen nothing more than him trying to get nickings for his former pals in Hamble. I dont see any need for the fixed fencing and its a serious safety issue at present. If the club wanted to use the area for events other than football, it could have easily made use of temporay fencing.
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 22:36 - Sep 16 with 721 viewsdjsaint

Before the game it was packed around Northam fanzone but stewards/security were doing a fair job of keeping a clear path for those passing through.
After the game I went straight up Britannia rd then left towards town, it was busy but the whole rd is closed off so a clear run right up to the other side of the footbridge.
Anyone in Chapel, Itchen and even part of Northam not feeling comfortable using footbridge after the game should go the Britannia rd route!
Really no need for a little weasel to try sh*t stirring with the council!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 13:58 - Sep 17 with 571 viewsdirk_doone

No congestion at all walking along Marine Parade to and from Itchen Bridge. If anything, better than ever, perhaps because there were no away fans mingled in.
[Post edited 17 Sep 15:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 15:27 - Sep 17 with 538 viewsdjsaint

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 13:58 - Sep 17 by dirk_doone

No congestion at all walking along Marine Parade to and from Itchen Bridge. If anything, better than ever, perhaps because there were no away fans mingled in.
[Post edited 17 Sep 15:46]

You mean Marine Parade (not Britannia rd).

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 15:45 - Sep 17 with 526 viewsdirk_doone

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 15:27 - Sep 17 by djsaint

You mean Marine Parade (not Britannia rd).

Thanks. You're right. I'll correct that.

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:26 - Sep 17 with 491 viewsUTS1885

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 22:36 - Sep 16 by djsaint

Before the game it was packed around Northam fanzone but stewards/security were doing a fair job of keeping a clear path for those passing through.
After the game I went straight up Britannia rd then left towards town, it was busy but the whole rd is closed off so a clear run right up to the other side of the footbridge.
Anyone in Chapel, Itchen and even part of Northam not feeling comfortable using footbridge after the game should go the Britannia rd route!
Really no need for a little weasel to try sh*t stirring with the council!

Yeah lets ignore puplic safety until its too late.

It was actually the council who asked me after the forest game and im one of 50 odd.
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:32 - Sep 17 with 483 viewsdirk_doone

That footbridge and the steps leading up to it have been packed before and especially after games for years. It's nothing new.

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:58 - Sep 17 with 448 viewsUTS1885

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:32 - Sep 17 by dirk_doone

That footbridge and the steps leading up to it have been packed before and especially after games for years. It's nothing new.

I agree and thats not something thats part of this survey really.. But i have noticed someone saying that the congestion around the bridge is worse due to the slow dispersal from fenced in stands.
[Post edited 17 Sep 17:01]
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 17:02 - Sep 17 with 444 views1ASIN12

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:32 - Sep 17 by dirk_doone

Exactly.

It seams some of our fans want the new layout , improvements, fanzones to fail.

Northam end is shit - well it was always shit when we are losing 3-0 at home.

The footbridge is congested - its been congested ever since the ground was open.

Fanzone has shit beer, prices are too high - fazones are not every ones cup of tea ( or pint of beer) if you don’t like it don’t go . I’ve not been because they don’t appeal to me but I’ve not going to slag them off or those that want to use them. As for those that moan about them being too busy - so are a lot of pubs .

Away fans are going to mix with home fans - well they always did .

Like you say it’s nothing new.
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 17:13 - Sep 17 with 431 viewsfranniesTache

Had no problems with congestion personally, but i just turned right from the northam and walked down coach alley and over the bridge, the cut through st mary's to town.

I guess if you don't know where you're going you'll probably try and take the more "direct" route over the foot bridge and down old northam road, but that's always going to be busier.
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 17:38 - Sep 17 with 411 viewsPatfromPoole

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 17:02 - Sep 17 by 1ASIN12

Exactly.

It seams some of our fans want the new layout , improvements, fanzones to fail.

Northam end is shit - well it was always shit when we are losing 3-0 at home.

The footbridge is congested - its been congested ever since the ground was open.

Fanzone has shit beer, prices are too high - fazones are not every ones cup of tea ( or pint of beer) if you don’t like it don’t go . I’ve not been because they don’t appeal to me but I’ve not going to slag them off or those that want to use them. As for those that moan about them being too busy - so are a lot of pubs .

Away fans are going to mix with home fans - well they always did .

Like you say it’s nothing new.

But the congestion is worse because of the dreaded fanzones; there is a lot less room.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 18:12 - Sep 17 with 380 viewsdjsaint

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 16:26 - Sep 17 by UTS1885

Yeah lets ignore puplic safety until its too late.

It was actually the council who asked me after the forest game and im one of 50 odd.

Who’s ignoring it! You think the club and relevant authorities haven’t done due diligence and are now ignoring safety without ongoing monitoring?
I’ve made the personal decision to leave via Britannia rd, if anyone thinks they aren’t safe then there are options! Leave via Britannia rd, Hang back in the ground for 10mins (I’ve done that loads of times rather than trying to rush off at final whistle).
It’s the same for pre match, just make sure you get there in plenty of time, smooth access into the stadium, none of this last minute rush to the ground 5 mins before kickoff then complain there’s big queues blah blah blah.

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 12:54 - Sep 18 with 216 viewsUTS1885

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 18:12 - Sep 17 by djsaint

Who’s ignoring it! You think the club and relevant authorities haven’t done due diligence and are now ignoring safety without ongoing monitoring?
I’ve made the personal decision to leave via Britannia rd, if anyone thinks they aren’t safe then there are options! Leave via Britannia rd, Hang back in the ground for 10mins (I’ve done that loads of times rather than trying to rush off at final whistle).
It’s the same for pre match, just make sure you get there in plenty of time, smooth access into the stadium, none of this last minute rush to the ground 5 mins before kickoff then complain there’s big queues blah blah blah.

Watch this space
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 13:44 - Sep 18 with 162 viewssledger

more off field whining,we got bigger problems on field
What was congestion like yesterday ? on 14:09 - Sep 18 with 151 viewsdjsaint

What was congestion like yesterday ? on 12:54 - Sep 18 by UTS1885

Watch this space

Weasel!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024