Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lallana 15:57 - Sep 12 with 775 viewsPatfromPoole

Would anybody have him in the starting line-up?

He has had two little cameos against Cardiff reserves and Brentford when the game was up.

In fairness, he played well in both.

I didn't like us signing him any more than a lot of people on here did.

But he might come in useful.

I wouldn't start with him, but I would have him higher up in the equation than one or two others who have had a few chances to impress and not taken them.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Lallana on 16:02 - Sep 12 with 744 viewsIfonly

If he is fit enough to give 60 good mins then yes I'd start him. I think RM might do too. I think we'll have a front 3 and those might be Dibling, Archer and Diaz. But if Lallana is fit enough then he'd be in instead of Dibling.
Lallana on 16:17 - Sep 12 with 713 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Lallana, if played from the start, would offer something different to what else we have to offer and United are unlikely to have planned for his inclusion. He has the ability to adapt RM’s blinkered insistence on tippy tappy and whilst looking like he is playing TT he will do it in a far more positive way as he will move the ball forwards with pace and accuracy rather than sideways then backwards. Depends who to of course! If RM is ‘brave’ and makes some decent decisions on changes to the starting XI then I think Lallana could do a job for us. I’d start him and if he flags then perhaps he’d be the first sub around the hour mark, after all, it’s not like we don’t have plenty of options.
Don’t care about the past now, only what he can do to improve the team in the here and now.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:20]
Lallana on 16:55 - Sep 12 with 676 viewsPatfromPoole

TBF Lallana only seemed to last 60 minutes in a previous life with us……

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Lallana on 17:24 - Sep 12 with 639 viewssaint901

Not for me. Impact sub perhaps.

We need a midfield who will not be pushed around physically (and who will stamp on that little cheat Bruno) for at least an hour.

Lallana is not that sort of player.
Lallana on 17:35 - Sep 12 with 614 viewssaintmark1976

No, because he’s an injury prone has been who should never be allowed anywhere near the first team.

He couldn’t get away from us quick enough yet our owners and management welcomed him back as though he were the Messiah.

Almost as ridiculous as paying £10 million for an obviously injury prone Centre Forward from Sunderland.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Lallana on 18:46 - Sep 12 with 512 viewsSaintNick

I think there are games he would suit being in the starting line up but not this one, possible Ipswich in the next game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lallana on 18:56 - Sep 12 with 483 viewsStAnt

Lallana on 17:24 - Sep 12 by saint901

Not for me. Impact sub perhaps.

We need a midfield who will not be pushed around physically (and who will stamp on that little cheat Bruno) for at least an hour.

Lallana is not that sort of player.

Nobody expects Lallana to provide a physical presence in midfield, that's never been his game. However , he is clearly the most gifted and experienced footballer at the club. That skill and experience should be utilised on the pitch where he can be creative and just as important he can give help and advice to team mates. I'd like to see him getting as many minutes as he can manage. We'll soon find out if he has enough left in the tank to be useful for us. Let's be honest there's not much competition.
As to physicality in midfield I'm hoping to see Big Les out there providing that alongside Downes. Those two can look after that side of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024