Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Well Will Saints Do Against United 14:24 - Sep 12 with 668 viewsSaintNick

How Well Will Saints Do Against United

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 14:36 - Sep 12 with 638 viewsfranniesTache

We will start ok, pass the ball around a lot but not really threaten their goal, sometime late in the first half we'll pass the ball to one of their strikers who will score, we will then continue to pass the ball around a lot in completely inconsequential areas of the pitch before they get their second and third in quick succession.

The whole game our strikers will be too far apart so there will be absolutely no direct threat, and we'll finish the game with 70% possession, zero shots on goal and 3-0 down.

Martin will come out afterwards and say that he learned a lot from the game, thought we played some great football and that he believes in his system.
How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 15:06 - Sep 12 with 599 viewsInTimeAddedOn

How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 14:36 - Sep 12 by franniesTache

We will start ok, pass the ball around a lot but not really threaten their goal, sometime late in the first half we'll pass the ball to one of their strikers who will score, we will then continue to pass the ball around a lot in completely inconsequential areas of the pitch before they get their second and third in quick succession.

The whole game our strikers will be too far apart so there will be absolutely no direct threat, and we'll finish the game with 70% possession, zero shots on goal and 3-0 down.

Martin will come out afterwards and say that he learned a lot from the game, thought we played some great football and that he believes in his system.

Can’t disagree with any of that.

Six of us are entering a post-match interview ‘Proud Count’ sweepstake. £10’s in the pot, winner takes their stake back + £50 profit for the correct number of times RM says he’s proud of the players / performance in nominated post-match interviews! After three games I am £30 up 🙂
How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 15:43 - Sep 12 with 557 viewsPatfromPoole

It is a very long time since United have lost at St. Mary's, it pains me to say.

All about who scores the first goal.

And the team selection.

If Martin picks Stephens, Aribo, Smallbone and Adam Armstrong, I will share the views of others on this thread.

However, if he picks Fernandes, Ugo, Dibling and Archer, I will be a lot more optimistic.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 16:10 - Sep 12 with 510 viewsI_would

Wrong starting eleven.
MU all over us looking for a mistake.
Tippy tappy.
Defensive mistake.
0-1 after 15 mins.
Subs on too late.
One of our new lads scores consolation goal.
We're caught two more times on the break chasing the game.
Result 1-3.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 16:23 - Sep 12 with 495 views1ASIN12

Manchester United may be shit by their standards but they are still miles ahead of us.

However footballs a funny game.
How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 16:40 - Sep 12 with 479 viewsfranniesTache

How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 15:43 - Sep 12 by PatfromPoole

It is a very long time since United have lost at St. Mary's, it pains me to say.

All about who scores the first goal.

And the team selection.

If Martin picks Stephens, Aribo, Smallbone and Adam Armstrong, I will share the views of others on this thread.

However, if he picks Fernandes, Ugo, Dibling and Archer, I will be a lot more optimistic.

our issue is that we're trying to play like 1970's Holland when we have a defence with the passing ability more fitting to 1980's Merthyr Tydfil.

The only reasons i can think that Martin persists with this are either he's convinced our style of play will bore the opposition into falling asleep so we can walk it in, or he's just that arrogant and deluded that he can't see exactly what he's doing wrong.
How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 16:54 - Sep 12 with 463 viewsPatfromPoole

How Well Will Saints Do Against United on 16:40 - Sep 12 by franniesTache

our issue is that we're trying to play like 1970's Holland when we have a defence with the passing ability more fitting to 1980's Merthyr Tydfil.

The only reasons i can think that Martin persists with this are either he's convinced our style of play will bore the opposition into falling asleep so we can walk it in, or he's just that arrogant and deluded that he can't see exactly what he's doing wrong.

Or he wants to get sacked so that he can get a big payday and then return at a Championship club…..

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024