Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let Dibling start against United. 18:02 - Sep 11 with 1758 viewsgrumpy

I don't want to see him sat on the bench till the second half.
Let Dibling start against United. on 18:06 - Sep 11 with 1753 viewsStAnt

It aint gonna happen.
Let Dibling start against United. on 18:42 - Sep 11 with 1699 viewsgrumpy

Let Dibling start against United. on 18:06 - Sep 11 by StAnt

It aint gonna happen.

Sadly you're probably right.
Let Dibling start against United. on 18:52 - Sep 11 with 1686 viewsLondonSaint76

StAnt, you are probably right but I’m with Grumpy on this one, it should happen - I’d start Sam Amo Ameyaw as well. What’s the point of having their talents sat warming the bench? Best players in pre-season, better than two or three I could name that have done little to merit including in the stating XI but get picked anyway as they are RM’s favourites. This isn’t picking your best mates first for a game of footie in the park after school, it’s considerably more serious than that!
[Post edited 11 Sep 18:54]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Let Dibling start against United. on 18:55 - Sep 11 with 1664 viewsgrumpy

I can see bigger clubs watching this young talent and making a offer for him.
Let Dibling start against United. on 18:59 - Sep 11 with 1652 viewsSaintcole7

Let Dibling start against United. on 18:55 - Sep 11 by grumpy

I can see bigger clubs watching this young talent and making a offer for him.

Well he's already been poached by Chelsea once and came back so hopefully we can play him and keep his ambitions happy, at least in the short term?
Let Dibling start against United. on 20:13 - Sep 11 with 1581 views1teeminants

Been saying this for a while Grumpy.

RM sadly doesn’t have the courage.

Dibling and Amo- Ayew need to start by 1teeminants 24 Aug 20:13
The best two players pre season so f***** play them !!! . As soon as Dibling came on we looked decent before that it was pretty predictable and Dull.

Give the flair players a run that includes Alcaraz, don’t stifle their ability . We have players that can hurt teams let them play ffs. Today was predictable and boring. This system might have worked in the championship but it won’t work in this league the players are to good . Sadly I think he’s too thick and arrogant to see it .

Fernandes looked decent when he came on looks a class signing. Start him ffs

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Let Dibling start against United. on 20:46 - Sep 11 with 1536 viewsgrumpy

Let Dibling start against United. on 20:13 - Sep 11 by 1teeminants

Been saying this for a while Grumpy.

RM sadly doesn’t have the courage.

Dibling and Amo- Ayew need to start by 1teeminants 24 Aug 20:13
The best two players pre season so f***** play them !!! . As soon as Dibling came on we looked decent before that it was pretty predictable and Dull.

Give the flair players a run that includes Alcaraz, don’t stifle their ability . We have players that can hurt teams let them play ffs. Today was predictable and boring. This system might have worked in the championship but it won’t work in this league the players are to good . Sadly I think he’s too thick and arrogant to see it .

Fernandes looked decent when he came on looks a class signing. Start him ffs

You maybe able to walk the ball into the net(with the players we had)in the Championship but its not going to happen in the Premiership.
Should have kept Alcaraz.
Let Dibling start against United. on 20:50 - Sep 11 with 1531 viewsSaintcole7

Let Dibling start against United. on 20:46 - Sep 11 by grumpy

You maybe able to walk the ball into the net(with the players we had)in the Championship but its not going to happen in the Premiership.

Completely agree, the only signing of the "doomed" 3 in Jan'23, £50m, who had an end result and excited the fans and we got rid of him???
Login to get fewer ads

Let Dibling start against United. on 21:38 - Sep 11 with 1446 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s basically a choice between Dibling and Adam Armstrong.

Martin isn’t going to drop Armstrong.

Though I hope I am wrong.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Let Dibling start against United. on 22:09 - Sep 11 with 1390 views1teeminants

Let Dibling start against United. on 20:46 - Sep 11 by grumpy

Yes I would have loved to have kept Alcaraz too but RM more or less admitted that he just didn’t fit in with his style of play . RM needs to learn to be a bit more flexible with some players. I’m looking forward to the Man U game just to see if there is any change in style at all but I won’t hold my breath.

Let Dibling start against United. on 22:29 - Sep 11 with 1362 viewsgrumpy

Let Dibling start against United. on 22:09 - Sep 11 by 1teeminants

Yes I would have loved to have kept Alcaraz too but RM more or less admitted that he just didn’t fit in with his style of play . RM needs to learn to be a bit more flexible with some players. I’m looking forward to the Man U game just to see if there is any change in style at all but I won’t hold my breath.

The Rollercoaster of a ride we Saints fans ride,would we want it any other way?
Let Dibling start against United. on 08:10 - Sep 12 with 1156 viewssaintwizzler

Let Dibling start against United. on 22:29 - Sep 11 by grumpy

The Rollercoaster of a ride we Saints fans ride,would we want it any other way?

Yes.
I’d love a 1-0 win against those Manc Kuntz where we kick them off the pitch.

Bring back Puel.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Let Dibling start against United. on 09:47 - Sep 12 with 1065 viewsMattFinish

I agree Grumps, Dibbling has earned a start

I think it needs a shake up. Armstrong and Smallbone have struggled at this level and I’m not convinced by Aribo for 90 minutes

Perhaps start Dibbling, Archer and Fernandez or Lallana or bring Lallana/Fernandez on for Aribo in the second half
[Post edited 12 Sep 9:49]
Let Dibling start against United. on 10:01 - Sep 12 with 1030 viewssaintwizzler

Let Dibling start against United. on 09:47 - Sep 12 by MattFinish

I agree Grumps, Dibbling has earned a start

I think it needs a shake up. Armstrong and Smallbone have struggled at this level and I’m not convinced by Aribo for 90 minutes

Perhaps start Dibbling, Archer and Fernandez or Lallana or bring Lallana/Fernandez on for Aribo in the second half
[Post edited 12 Sep 9:49]

Overplaying in defence has cost us a minimum of 3 points this season.
3 games, 4 defensive howlers leading to goals.
Unless this is addressed we will lose every game.
The time for fùcking around at the back has to end and end now.
We are not Manchester City.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Let Dibling start against United. on 11:08 - Sep 12 with 972 viewsIfonly

Let Dibling start against United. on 10:01 - Sep 12 by saintwizzler

Overplaying in defence has cost us a minimum of 3 points this season.
3 games, 4 defensive howlers leading to goals.
Unless this is addressed we will lose every game.
The time for fùcking around at the back has to end and end now.
We are not Manchester City.

The style won't end. All you can hope is that he modifies it a bit.

Man U aren't nearly as good at pressing as Brentford were, so hopefully that will help us a bit. Mind you, we are perfectly capable of fvcking it up against any level of press. Oxford United picked us off a few times....
Let Dibling start against United. on 12:05 - Sep 12 with 894 viewsStAnt

Man Utd will be very aware that we panic when pressed but still don't resort to hoofing the ball so they will press us hard knowing they'll get plenty of turnovers and chances to score soft goals.
[Post edited 12 Sep 12:06]
Let Dibling start against United. on 13:53 - Sep 12 with 705 viewsSaintNick

It is a dilemma for Russell Martin, this is a big game and no matter what we think of United, they are still a tough side to beat, so does he start Dibling and then risk him not getting as much as the ball as he has got in his sub appearances and then his confidence being knocked.

Not to mention it being boys against men so to speak in this game

Or does he hold him back for the second half and then start him against Ipswich when he could give the crowd a real boost and set the tone

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Let Dibling start against United. on 14:28 - Sep 12 with 664 views1teeminants

Let Dibling start against United. on 13:53 - Sep 12 by SaintNick

It is a dilemma for Russell Martin, this is a big game and no matter what we think of United, they are still a tough side to beat, so does he start Dibling and then risk him not getting as much as the ball as he has got in his sub appearances and then his confidence being knocked.

Or does he hold him back for the second half and then start him against Ipswich when he could give the crowd a real boost and set the tone

It’s not just Dibling though . I want to see Fernandes start too who has been good every time he’s come on including the friendlies . I think we’ve all had enough of Smallbone and Aribo starting time to try something different. As you often say you do the same things you get the same results.

It’s time to be brave but I doubt he will.

One thing that does give me a bit of hope is he’s quoted as saying he wanted to give the players that got us promoted a fair crack of the whip to start the season but it clearly hasn’t worked so maybe he will change something who knows .

Let Dibling start against United. on 18:37 - Sep 12 with 582 viewssaint22

Let Dibling start against United. on 13:53 - Sep 12 by SaintNick

It isn’t a dilemma it’s what managers are paid to do, make proactive exciting choices we have Cornet Dibling Archer Fernandez Fraser all of whom have reason to be starting
If Smallbone or Stephen’s start then it shows RM hasn’t got what it takes at this level
Let Dibling start against United. on 19:06 - Sep 12 with 549 viewstttdcs

Let Dibling start against United. on 18:59 - Sep 11 by Saintcole7

Well he's already been poached by Chelsea once and came back so hopefully we can play him and keep his ambitions happy, at least in the short term?

...... and wait for the news of the buy back clause inserted by Chelsea at some daft low figure.
Let Dibling start against United. on 11:08 - Sep 13 with 341 viewsSonicBoom

Basically if you're good enough you should play. History is littered with players that get into a starting line up at the age of 16, 17 or 18.
As for damaging his confidence, he looks like the most confident player we have, I'm more concerned about the rest of them!
Certain players need to be dropped. All decent players that were good last year, but PL games simply pass them by and they have no effect.
Finally he must change the passing from the back. I've seen lots of recent interviews with pros all saying it's madness for saints. They can't all be wrong. If we do it again it will look like pure stubbornness from Martin.
Scholes and Big Sam both said they cannot understand why we take such risks particularly as there has been no pay off at the other end of the pitch.
Hopefully RM will adapt it slightly and keep the ball further from our goal so maybe one bad pass won't be fatal.
I get the feeling we are a decent side currently being strangled by our rigid pattern of play. With a few tweaks we could well start picking up points and there's no reason it can't start tomorrow.
Let Dibling start against United. on 12:21 - Sep 13 with 306 views1teeminants

Let Dibling start against United. on 11:08 - Sep 13 by SonicBoom

Basically if you're good enough you should play. History is littered with players that get into a starting line up at the age of 16, 17 or 18.
As for damaging his confidence, he looks like the most confident player we have, I'm more concerned about the rest of them!
Certain players need to be dropped. All decent players that were good last year, but PL games simply pass them by and they have no effect.
Finally he must change the passing from the back. I've seen lots of recent interviews with pros all saying it's madness for saints. They can't all be wrong. If we do it again it will look like pure stubbornness from Martin.
Scholes and Big Sam both said they cannot understand why we take such risks particularly as there has been no pay off at the other end of the pitch.
Hopefully RM will adapt it slightly and keep the ball further from our goal so maybe one bad pass won't be fatal.
I get the feeling we are a decent side currently being strangled by our rigid pattern of play. With a few tweaks we could well start picking up points and there's no reason it can't start tomorrow.

Exactly .

Shearer , Oxlaide - Chamberlain, Shaw, Walcott. That’s 4 kids straight off the top of my head that were good enough at 16, 17 , 18 and were played regularly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024