Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On This Day In 2001 09:01 - Sep 11 with 889 viewsSaintNick

I travelled to Brighton listening on the radio to events unfolding in the USA.

At the Withdean we sat in a little stand with about 4 rows of seats on the side of the running track watching Saints win their first game of the season after 3 straight Premier League defeats.

We won 3-0 James Beattie a minute before half time and two Anders Svensson goals, also the first goals of the season in front of 6,489.

Anyone else make this trip.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

On This Day In 2001 on 12:09 - Sep 11 with 794 views1ASIN12

Yes went to this game.

Was in the pub in the lanes when news came through of the events in America.

After a bit of uncertainty the game went ahead but I seem to remember it had a strange atmosphere, understandably.
On This Day In 2001 on 12:12 - Sep 11 with 783 viewsPatfromPoole

Who on that night would have envisaged Brighton going on the path they have?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

On This Day In 2001 on 13:59 - Sep 11 with 679 viewsLondonSaint76

Yes, I drove down to the game with another London based ST holder. Think we were both a bit surprised the game went ahead and as a previous poster has said there was a quite subdued atmosphere. We were also in those seats in the small stand.
A few days later I remember there was a huge backlash against the American comedienne Joan Rivers who’d said there were probably a few women out there that would have been relieved that their husbands had perished in the twin towers as they treated their wives like sh#t. Nearly cost her her career but for once she wasn’t making a controversial joke she was making a serious point. In the end the wife of a senior Cantor Fitzgerald executive who died in the towers came forward in support of Rivers saying she spot on and she was not the only one widowed who felt the same way.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

On This Day In 2001 on 14:58 - Sep 11 with 617 viewsfranniesTache

I got laid as a result of september 11th so it wasn't all bad (girl i was working with decided it was the end of the world and wanted to get pissed, and one thing led to another).

So thanks for that ossy
On This Day In 2001 on 12:48 - Sep 12 with 225 viewsDorsetIan

On This Day In 2001 on 13:59 - Sep 11 by LondonSaint76

Yes, I drove down to the game with another London based ST holder. Think we were both a bit surprised the game went ahead and as a previous poster has said there was a quite subdued atmosphere. We were also in those seats in the small stand.
A few days later I remember there was a huge backlash against the American comedienne Joan Rivers who’d said there were probably a few women out there that would have been relieved that their husbands had perished in the twin towers as they treated their wives like sh#t. Nearly cost her her career but for once she wasn’t making a controversial joke she was making a serious point. In the end the wife of a senior Cantor Fitzgerald executive who died in the towers came forward in support of Rivers saying she spot on and she was not the only one widowed who felt the same way.

This sounded odd to me, so I googled. She wasn't making a serious point. She was making a joke about long term relationships. Here is it. It's in bad taste, but people are laughing.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/comedy/5-comedians-who-got-in-trouble-for-911-comm

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024