Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane 21:39 - Sep 10 with 4408 viewsGaryHaddock

Thought he deserves a thread of his own.

What a record (better than Ronaldo and Messi’s). Is there anyone still playing with a better international goal to game around?
[Post edited 10 Sep 21:43]
Harry Kane on 21:56 - Sep 10 with 3360 viewssprocket

Yawn
Harry Kane on 22:01 - Sep 10 with 3326 viewsconnell10

I liked his golden boots.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Harry Kane on 22:21 - Sep 10 with 3226 viewsbosh67

I think Carsley has done well to put a load of fast players around him and Trent-Arnold in positions to feed him. He also looks a lot fitter than he was a few months ago.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harry Kane on 22:38 - Sep 10 with 3140 viewsLblock

A truly great player

Surely he cannot end his career without picking up a single sodding trophy? Can he?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Harry Kane on 23:03 - Sep 10 with 3091 viewsSK_hoops

Harry Kane on 22:38 - Sep 10 by Lblock

A truly great player

Surely he cannot end his career without picking up a single sodding trophy? Can he?

I reckon bayern munich will win the league this season.

As for Kane, best striker of his generation.
Harry Kane on 01:19 - Sep 11 with 2893 viewsSydneyRs

A truly great player

It seems ridiculous but when you consider how money has all but locked up domestic trophies with a tiny number of rich clubs, unless you play for one of them the opportunities are limited. Surely he'll win something at Bayern though.
Harry Kane on 06:39 - Sep 11 with 2651 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes he is a top centre forward.

If he had a personality and good looks, he would be a mega star.

The fact that he possesses neither of those qualities probably though means he is free to focus on his game.

In the crucial moments can tend to freeze.

Missed penalty in World Cup against France. Was poor in the Euros just gone. Has not had much competition for his place also.

Today was his finishing of old and there is no denying he can score goals.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Harry Kane on 06:44 - Sep 11 with 2659 viewsGaryHaddock

Harry Kane on 06:39 - Sep 11 by numptydumpty

The fact that he possesses neither of those qualities probably though means he is free to focus on his game.

Missed penalty in World Cup against France. Was poor in the Euros just gone. Has not had much competition for his place also.

He was top scorer in Euros just gone to be fair.
[Post edited 11 Sep 6:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Kane on 07:03 - Sep 11 with 2594 viewsnumptydumpty

Harry Kane on 06:44 - Sep 11 by GaryHaddock

He was top scorer in Euros just gone to be fair.
[Post edited 11 Sep 6:48]

Yes three goals. Was a very low bar for golden boot.

One penalty and two goals that most strikers would have scored.

But general opinion, mine as well, was he was poor throughout. He appeared laboured and simply was hardly featuring in the games. By his own high standards, his overall Euro performances were lacklustre.

No chance with his form and play in this particular tournament would he have scored Watkins goal, he was lucky to get so much playing time.

Harry Kane on 07:21 - Sep 11 with 2521 viewsGus_iom

Harry Kane on 07:03 - Sep 11 by numptydumpty

Yes three goals. Was a very low bar for golden boot.

One penalty and two goals that most strikers would have scored.

But general opinion, mine as well, was he was poor throughout. He appeared laboured and simply was hardly featuring in the games. By his own high standards, his overall Euro performances were lacklustre.

No chance with his form and play in this particular tournament would he have scored Watkins goal, he was lucky to get so much playing time.

Trouble with Kane is, he's too good to drop, and has played when he has clearly not been fit - the last euros and the latter rounds of the world Cup in Russia spring to mind.
But that was weak management imo, and the lack of a top class replacement.
I think if you swapped Kane for Harland, City would be a better team, all told.
Harry Kane on 07:48 - Sep 11 with 2397 viewsstevec

A truly great player

Ooh, I hope so.

Got a spurs mate who is so easy to wind up. Love taunting him with the Jonah tag and still refer to Kane as OSW (One Season Wonder) aka 2014/15 the Charlie years.

The gift that keeps on giving.
Harry Kane on 08:17 - Sep 11 with 2320 viewsKonk

Harry Kane on 06:39 - Sep 11 by numptydumpty

He also scored his first pen in the same game against France. Taking 2 pens in the same game must be so tricky in terms of going the same way or trying something different. Kane has a superb penalty record and he puts that down to knowing in the build up to the game, exactly where he going to place it. A second penalty in the same game has to muddy that process.

He's been an absolutely fantastic footballer - reads the game brilliantly, excellent passer of the ball and a superb finisher.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Harry Kane on 08:24 - Sep 11 with 2286 viewsnumptydumpty

Harry Kane on 08:17 - Sep 11 by Konk

He also scored his first pen in the same game against France. Taking 2 pens in the same game must be so tricky in terms of going the same way or trying something different. Kane has a superb penalty record and he puts that down to knowing in the build up to the game, exactly where he going to place it. A second penalty in the same game has to muddy that process.

He's been an absolutely fantastic footballer - reads the game brilliantly, excellent passer of the ball and a superb finisher.

Maybe he has a mental block when it comes to the business end of competitions.

Less effective when the prizes are within reach !!!!

Never said he wasn't a brilliant finisher...

Harry Kane on 08:50 - Sep 11 with 2198 viewsderbyhoop

He's said that his oerformance in the last Euros wasn't him at his best.
But you cannot argue with his record. 100 caps, 68 goals now. True, there isn't much competition for his place but, assuming he stays fit, he could beat Shilton's record of 125 caps.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harry Kane on 09:37 - Sep 11 with 2089 viewsLandshark

Harry Kane on 08:50 - Sep 11 by derbyhoop

But you cannot argue with his record. 100 caps, 68 goals now. True, there isn't much competition for his place but, assuming he stays fit, he could beat Shilton's record of 125 caps.

68 goals in 100 appearances at international level is pretty phenomenal to be honest. A better goals per game record than Ronaldo (CR7), Messi, Lewandowski, Neymar, Klose, Suarez, Ronaldo (R9), Ibramhimovic, Villa, Salah etc etc etc. Basically there's very few top strikers with a better record than him at international level.
Harry Kane on 09:42 - Sep 11 with 2085 viewsGaryHaddock

Harry Kane on 09:37 - Sep 11 by Landshark

68 goals in 100 appearances at international level is pretty phenomenal to be honest. A better goals per game record than Ronaldo (CR7), Messi, Lewandowski, Neymar, Klose, Suarez, Ronaldo (R9), Ibramhimovic, Villa, Salah etc etc etc. Basically there's very few top strikers with a better record than him at international level.

The argument that it's only against minor teams goes out the window too, as all of those players play the same teams.
[Post edited 11 Sep 9:47]
Harry Kane on 09:53 - Sep 11 with 2009 viewsMrSheen

Harry Kane on 08:50 - Sep 11 by derbyhoop

Considering how far ahead he is of any competition for that position it would be tempting to give games a miss (Ryan Giggs?) but he keeps turning up. Two superb finishes tonight.
Harry Kane on 10:01 - Sep 11 with 1980 viewsterryb

The best English goalscorer in my lifetime IMO. I do find it funny that I claimed that he wasn't as good as Charlie Austin & that Austin should have played for England instead of Kane!

An excellent international goalscoring record, but not quite in the same league as Gerd Muller who scored 68 goals in 62 games (14 goals in 13 matches in World Cup finals). That is comparing his record with the greatest goalscorer I've seen though.
[Post edited 11 Sep 10:09]
Harry Kane on 10:07 - Sep 11 with 1965 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Harry Kane on 07:21 - Sep 11 by Gus_iom

Trouble with Kane is, he's too good to drop, and has played when he has clearly not been fit - the last euros and the latter rounds of the world Cup in Russia spring to mind.
But that was weak management imo, and the lack of a top class replacement.
I think if you swapped Kane for Harland, City would be a better team, all told.

Bang on!

Nowhere near fit enough at Euros, and either asked and/or because of cautionary tactics, ended up playing way too deep as well. As you say, the same applies to the latter rounds in Russia, too.

However, not just GS being hellbent on picking him at all times, Poch ludicrously picked him to start in the European Cup final against Liverpool when he hadn't played for months. Gave that Dick Van Dyke bloke his easiest game and blunted Spurs in the process.

Great finisher for sure, but I think the rest of his game is often undervalued. I'm sure Marti would love to have him as an option off the bench for when Right Said Frey needs to come off.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Harry Kane on 10:07 - Sep 11 with 1963 viewsCamberleyR

Harry Kane on 09:37 - Sep 11 by Landshark

Yep, you're basically looking at Pelé (77 in 92 games), Ferenc Puskas (84 in 85 games) and the freakish record of Gerd Müller as being better.

Mind you had Just Fontaine not had to retire early at 28 through injury, his record might never have been beaten, a ridiculous 30 goals in just 21 games. Tommy Taylor another 'what if' had he not died at Munich, 16 in 19 games.
[Post edited 11 Sep 10:11]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Harry Kane on 10:13 - Sep 11 with 1915 viewsterryb

Harry Kane on 10:07 - Sep 11 by CamberleyR

Yep, you're basically looking at Pelé (77 in 92 games), Ferenc Puskas (84 in 85 games) and the freakish record of Gerd Müller as being better.

Mind you had Just Fontaine not had to retire early at 28 through injury, his record might never have been beaten, a ridiculous 30 goals in just 21 games. Tommy Taylor another 'what if' had he not died at Munich, 16 in 19 games.
[Post edited 11 Sep 10:11]

Thanks Camberley. I always seem to forget about Just Fontaine!
Harry Kane on 10:30 - Sep 11 with 1872 viewsted_hendrix

We'll miss Harry Kane when he's gone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Harry Kane on 10:40 - Sep 11 with 1825 viewsdaveB

he's a brilliant player and felt for him in the euros as he needed pace around him and you can see the difference when he had Gordon on the left instead of foden.
Harry Kane on 12:28 - Sep 11 with 1571 viewssdm1508

Kane is a great goal scorer when he has the service. The problem is he doesn't have the pace needed at international football, to create and score a chance through his own work. If a team is set up to be defensive like Southgate was, when you come up against the good teams he tended to struggle.
So many pointless friendlies these days against lower quality teams have I think maybe bloated his scoring record a bit and the fact that Southgate played him in everyone of them as he knew without Kane we might lose the game. Southgate relied on a player having a quality moment rather than the team creating, and who would you want on the end of a quality moment, Kane

I actually feel with what Carsley has done so far, we might see an even better Kane. He has pace around him and with Alexander Arnold, someone who can get the ball to him. His second goal being an example of that. Also it is fine for him to drop into midfield with this new approach as others took up his position. Gordon would go upfront for example. I think there is a lot more football intelligence already on show in this 'new' England team and in the long run that will help Kane more. I actually think over the years there have been better England strikers, in terms of their all round play, Les Ferdinand being one of them but for sheer finishing ability he is right up there.
Harry Kane on 12:48 - Sep 11 with 1498 viewsJuzzie

Tactics at the Euro's clearly played a part but I understand he was suffering from back issues so only able to play at 70% (percentage guessed for conversation sake) but a 70% Kane is still better than a 100% a.n.other forward.

It does seem clear though if Kane was to be played at the Euro's at 70% then the team selection should have reflected that in order to help him out so that he played most of his game on/around the edge of the box. How many times did we see him sitting deep almost on the halfway line?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024