Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rui Patricio at Goztepe 23:41 - Aug 20 with 1354 viewsPatfromPoole

Mmmmmm 🤔

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 05:54 - Aug 21 with 1175 viewsPatfromPoole

NOW I see why Sports Republic acquired a club in a schmuck League…..

Signing Rui Patricio would arguably fit the bill if the (deluded and bordering on mad) intention is for Bazunu to be the first choice when he is fit again.
[Post edited 21 Aug 6:06]

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 08:56 - Aug 21 with 923 viewsIanSouthstander

He's younger than Kaspar Schmeichel.

Whats the chances of a loan from Goztepe ?
Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 08:57 - Aug 21 with 918 viewsPatfromPoole

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 08:56 - Aug 21 by IanSouthstander

He's younger than Kaspar Schmeichel.

Whats the chances of a loan from Goztepe ?

Surely Goztepe can’t afford his wages…..

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:09 - Aug 21 with 871 viewsIanSouthstander

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 08:57 - Aug 21 by PatfromPoole

Well they aren't spending much on transfers.
Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:34 - Aug 21 with 821 viewsIfonly

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger, but it COULD be that Goztepe have taken him because we are keeping Lis. I'm not aware of any announcement that he's on his way back to Turkey and he's been given a squad number here (whereas ABK, for example, hasn't).

That would mean our goalkeeping line up was AM, Lumley, Lis (with Baz due to return before the end of the season). Top class eh?

Perhaps Goztepe can afford Rui Patricio because we're paying half of the rest of their wage bill?
Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:36 - Aug 21 with 815 viewsSaintNick

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 08:57 - Aug 21 by PatfromPoole

So would it perhaps possible that Goztepe sign Patricio then loan him back to us, thus his wages are on their wage bill and not on ours, we loan them Lis and pay a proportion of his wages, hence it keeps our financial fair play stats down.

I am not saying that this is what is going to happen, but it is part of a bigger picture that many clubs are now following including ourselves.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:43 - Aug 21 with 798 viewssaintwizzler

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:36 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

So would it perhaps possible that Goztepe sign Patricio then loan him back to us, thus his wages are on their wage bill and not on ours, we loan them Lis and pay a proportion of his wages, hence it keeps our financial fair play stats down.

I am not saying that this is what is going to happen, but it is part of a bigger picture that many clubs are now following including ourselves.

Book cooking.
Like it.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:49 - Aug 21 with 775 viewsSaintNick

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:43 - Aug 21 by saintwizzler

Book cooking.
Like it.

Creative accountancy is a better phrase

Login to get fewer ads

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 10:15 - Aug 21 with 722 viewsFlamingbankers

Let's be honest: McCarthy is the worst keeper in the Premier League and probably the Championship as well. What were they thinking when the gave him a two year contract?
[Post edited 21 Aug 10:15]
Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 660 viewsSaintNick

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 10:15 - Aug 21 by Flamingbankers

Let's be honest: McCarthy is the worst keeper in the Premier League and probably the Championship as well. What were they thinking when the gave him a two year contract?
[Post edited 21 Aug 10:15]

Astonishing, even his family wouldn't give this defence, surely he is worse than the Championship

This post has been edited by an administrator

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 12:09 - Aug 21 with 548 viewsChesham_Saint

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:49 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

Creative accountancy is a better phrase

Firstly - is he any good?

Assuming he is, this could indeed be a useful evasion tactic for the rules, on the basis that it's permissible to have several loan players from overseas thereby circumventing the PL only two loan player rule (I think).

Other than the morality of this (and frankly I couldn't give a shit, given what Man City and others get away with) the key issue is, is he good enough to cope with tippytappy Russball?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 12:36 - Aug 21 with 507 viewsIfonly

Rui Patricio at Goztepe on 09:36 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

I can't really see the sense in this. Why set the deal up this way when other deals are the other way around, with Saints paying the full wages for other players and loaning them to Goztepe? It makes no sense. Also, if we think we can afford Ramsdale's wages and loan fee within fair play rules, then I'm damm sure we can afford Rui Patricio's, so what's the problem that this is supposed to solve?

Seems much more likely to me that Goztepe have signed him as their own player. They are now in the top league and need a decent keeper (sound familiar?). But it's certainly possible that if we run out of options (which we seem close to) then we'll try and persuade Sports Republic that we have the greater need for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024