Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. 17:58 - Aug 19 with 1219 viewsareasix

I thought he had retired years ago but after joining us in 2008 he moved to Man Utd for 27m and then to Everton for £24m when they were flashing the cash and then onto Nice and a couple of unknown accounts.
He announced his retirement he was a good loyal servant for us for around 7 years.
Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 18:00 - Aug 19 with 1199 viewsSaintNick

He seemed to lose something when he left us

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 18:30 - Aug 19 with 1145 viewsIfonly

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 18:00 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

yes, his overdraft
Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 1125 viewsLondonSaint76

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 18:00 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

Agreed, not used the same way by Man Utd as he was at SMS, not as involved so not a key player for them as he was when at his best playing for us. Just never reached the levels we know he was capable of at Everton. Just goes to show the grass is not always greener elsewhere, but I guess the pay checks are bigger…. Not a dig at MS, just a fact of PL life!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 20:53 - Aug 19 with 1024 viewssolent_toffee

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 18:50 - Aug 19 by LondonSaint76

Agreed, not used the same way by Man Utd as he was at SMS, not as involved so not a key player for them as he was when at his best playing for us. Just never reached the levels we know he was capable of at Everton. Just goes to show the grass is not always greener elsewhere, but I guess the pay checks are bigger…. Not a dig at MS, just a fact of PL life!

He started really well at Everton, in a decent team with Lukaku scoring shedloads and Everton finishing in the European places. The following season, they signed a load of number 10’s and no forward and were all over the show and he really suffered. Cue Koeman getting sacked, fat sam taking over and he went backwards.

He seemed to get back to form under Silva but then had time off when his dad died and then injuries took over and he drifted away.
Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 23:03 - Aug 19 with 877 viewsLondonSaint76

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 20:53 - Aug 19 by solent_toffee

He started really well at Everton, in a decent team with Lukaku scoring shedloads and Everton finishing in the European places. The following season, they signed a load of number 10’s and no forward and were all over the show and he really suffered. Cue Koeman getting sacked, fat sam taking over and he went backwards.

He seemed to get back to form under Silva but then had time off when his dad died and then injuries took over and he drifted away.

Sounds a very fair summary ST. I always took an interest in how he fared post Saints as I really liked him as a player and he was a bargain buy at about £1.2m that really came good for us. Really thought he’d do more at Man Utd but he became a smaller fish in a bigger pond at Old Trafford. From what you have said, a lot of what happened at Everton was beyond his control second season onwards. Probably one of his most endearing qualities was he chose to play for us in the Champoinship and then stuck with us in League One rather than go to the Sk8’s who were also after him and a PL club at the time as he thought we were the better club with more future potential!! I wish him all the best with whatever he decides to do next.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 06:38 - Aug 20 with 766 viewskernow

With Schneiderlin and Wanyama in front of them, the Saints back four were well protected and we were hard to beat.
Remember his introduction against Celtic in Claus’ testimonial and saw his first Saints goal at Bristol Rovers.
Always liked him as a player and he deserved his big money move.
I wish him well. Bon courage.
Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 11:59 - Aug 20 with 600 viewsdelgado1

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 06:38 - Aug 20 by kernow

With Schneiderlin and Wanyama in front of them, the Saints back four were well protected and we were hard to beat.
Remember his introduction against Celtic in Claus’ testimonial and saw his first Saints goal at Bristol Rovers.
Always liked him as a player and he deserved his big money move.
I wish him well. Bon courage.

He’d most likely make a superb Martin endorsed goalkeeper. Bit of retraining to dive and or catch a ball and job done.
Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 12:05 - Aug 20 with 597 viewsPatfromPoole

One of the top 5 players I have seen play for us.

He was a Rolls Royce of a player under Pochettino and particularly Koeman.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 12:59 - Aug 20 with 564 viewsSaintNick

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 12:05 - Aug 20 by PatfromPoole

One of the top 5 players I have seen play for us.

He was a Rolls Royce of a player under Pochettino and particularly Koeman.

He was a very good player, although I don't think he would get anywhere near my top 5.

I would say off the top of my head

Matt Le Tiss
Steve Williams
James Ward Prowse
Mike Channon
Alan Ball
Jimmy Case
Danny Wallace
Steve Moran
Mark Wright
James Beattie

Thats just 10 for starters, I could think of a fair few more, but that is not to say Schneiderlin wasn't a great player for us

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 13:10 - Aug 20 with 551 viewsPatfromPoole

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 12:59 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

He was a very good player, although I don't think he would get anywhere near my top 5.

Matt Le Tiss
Steve Williams
James Ward Prowse
Mike Channon
Alan Ball
Jimmy Case
Danny Wallace
Steve Moran
Mark Wright
James Beattie

Thats just 10 for starters, I could think of a fair few more, but that is not to say Schneiderlin wasn't a great player for us

Age prevents me from having seen in the flesh 6 of those play for us.......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 13:11 - Aug 20 with 550 viewsIfonly

Anyone spot Morgan Schneiderlin retired at the weekend. on 12:59 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

Matt Le Tiss
Steve Williams
James Ward Prowse
Mike Channon
Alan Ball
Jimmy Case
Danny Wallace
Steve Moran
Mark Wright
James Beattie

He may not be popular but Shearer deserves his place in that list. A far better player than Beattie. Keegan too no?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024