Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RiP Graham Thorpe 08:32 - Aug 5 with 9355 viewsqpr1976

55 No age, lovely cricketer.
RiP Graham Thorpe on 02:14 - Aug 14 with 629 viewsSydneyRs

RiP Graham Thorpe on 12:20 - Aug 12 by nix

His first wife left him because she couldn't cope with the long tours away. I think it was reported at the time he found this very difficult and he didn't play again for a while after the divorce. I think that might have seriously affected his mental health.

You're right though that he seems to have been pretty well loved. But suicidal people often think they're doing the best for everyone by dying as they feel like a burden (while their mind is temporarily off kilter). Very sad.

Those tours away from family are difficult enough, but here in Australia the media really give the English team a hard time and its a long tour. They'd do well to consider this when being so childish every time. The last tour in particular was tough due to the major covid restrictions.

While the English media is little better, there isn't the same country wide desperation to win the ashes that you get here.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2:16]
RiP Graham Thorpe on 08:22 - Aug 14 with 438 viewsGloucs_R

RiP Graham Thorpe on 20:17 - Aug 12 by Sonofpugwash

What an awful way to go out of this world.
Sympaties must also go out to the train driver for what must be a traumatic experience.

And the Paramedics, Fire Bridge and Police who would have all gone out to the body.

Difficult jobs. A couple of friends of mine are retired Paramedics, both have PTSD.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024