Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh Game Matchday Thread 14:38 - Jul 19 with 2697 viewsSaintNick

For all the updates on the scoreline as it comes in from the Silverlake Stadium, the excitement builds

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eastleigh Game Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Jul 20 with 393 viewsLondonSaint76

Eastleigh Game Matchday Thread on 08:59 - Jul 20 by PatfromPoole

Just watched the goals on the Saints app.

I hadn’t realised the back of the kit doesn’t have stripes on it; looks ridiculous.

Mara’s hair looks like it was glued to his head.

Agree with you 100%, very disappointed, I was hoping we’d do the same as Brentford who have stood firm against the PL’s ‘guidance’ on striped backs on the shirts - they really don’t like them as they reckon it makes it more difficult for their beloved TV audience to easily read names / numbers on the backs of the shirts. At least the PL have stopped short of making it a hard and fast no go rule as it is in European competitions. Was mooted as a rule change about seven years ago but has ended up as a recommendation to have a plain panel or a plain back in the PL rather than a rule.
Think we’ve gone for the best of a bad set of options when compared to Newcastle for example, their new Adidas kit back looks even worse than ours

https://www.adidas.co.uk/newcastle-united-fc-24-25-home-jersey/IX3165.html

Really don’t see the need for any of it, we’ve had decades of televised football with teams wearing bar stripes when TV pictures were nothing like the quality of what we view today so even less need for this nonsense not more need for it. So, not satisfied with totally messing up the KO times for those who go to games for the benefit of the TV audience they’ve messed up our kits as well!
At least SaintsFan73 will be smiling 🙃

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Eastleigh Game Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Jul 20 with 362 viewsLondonSaint76

Eastleigh Game Matchday Thread on 07:31 - Jul 20 by 1teeminants

An enjoyable evening in the sunshine watching a decent Saints team who completely dominated. I was surprised saints put out such a strong team because I’ve been to a few of these games over the years and they don’t usually go that strong.

Stand out players for me Amo Ayew , Alcaraz ( great to see him back ) Sugawara and Armstrong .

Can’t argue with any of that - I really hope Amo Ayew gets a chance this season, I fully appreciate the huge difference between the Eastleigh defence and a PL one but even in that brief cameo appearance he made in the 4-4 draw with Liverpool you could see he was comfortable on the ball, capable of beating an opponent and not the slightest bit fazed by the occasion.
That poor trialist last night 😀⚽️

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024