Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brian Eno 15:42 - Jul 16 with 1631 viewsdmm

Just seen the documentary film, Eno. If you like Eno, do try and see it. It's an absolute treat and hugely enjoyable.

The film uses a computer program to select footage and edit the film so that a different version is shown each time it is screened. The New York Times gave an estimate of 52 quintillion possibilities. That's so Brian Eno!
Brian Eno on 15:58 - Jul 16 with 1579 viewsTheChef

Most Eno thing ever.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Brian Eno on 16:14 - Jul 16 with 1547 viewshubble

Did you know he has a long lost brother he's never met? Name of Howard.

[Post edited 16 Jul 16:14]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Brian Eno on 16:56 - Jul 16 with 1450 viewsBoston

Little does eno that I know that eno's that I know...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brian Eno on 16:58 - Jul 16 with 1447 viewsGloucs_R

Missed a trick.....should have been called "Finding Eno"

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brian Eno on 17:11 - Jul 16 with 1426 viewsdmm

Did he ever release a song called Liver Salts?
Brian Eno on 17:35 - Jul 16 with 1367 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I may watch that. I am a fan of Ambient but that originated from Ambient House (Orb, Aphex, Black Dog etc) As this bloke inspired a lot of that I should try and give his stuff another go.
Brian Eno on 18:02 - Jul 16 with 1339 viewsEsox_Lucius

Brian Eno on 16:56 - Jul 16 by Boston

Little does eno that I know that eno's that I know...

I have the original vinyl LP in my collection. One of many that I don't know a single other person who owns it.

The grass is always greener.

Brian Eno on 20:15 - Jul 16 with 1247 viewsThird_Division_South

I’ve got the vinyls of Here Come the Warm Jets, Taking Tiger Mountain and Another Green World. Do I get a prize?
Login to get fewer ads

Brian Eno on 15:40 - Jul 17 with 1011 viewsR_from_afar

Brian Eno on 17:35 - Jul 16 by CroydonCaptJack

I may watch that. I am a fan of Ambient but that originated from Ambient House (Orb, Aphex, Black Dog etc) As this bloke inspired a lot of that I should try and give his stuff another go.

I should give it a go too, I love ambient music, especially The Black Dog.

You probably know of Global Communications but these two albums are corkers. The second is actually an ambient reworking of an album by the indie band Chapterhouse.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brian Eno on 16:16 - Jul 17 with 949 viewskensalriser

Brian Eno on 20:15 - Jul 16 by Third_Division_South

I’ve got the vinyls of Here Come the Warm Jets, Taking Tiger Mountain and Another Green World. Do I get a prize?

You would have done if you hadn't pluralised vinyl.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brian Eno on 20:20 - Jul 17 with 849 viewsPunteR

Brian Eno on 17:35 - Jul 16 by CroydonCaptJack

What happened to the genre Ambient House music? Just gets called electronica or chill out theses days doesnt it? Prefer Ambient. I used to sometimes chill with a group called Optic eye during those heady ambient days.
[Post edited 17 Jul 20:23]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brian Eno on 08:58 - Jul 18 with 763 viewssilky

Love Brian's works, a pioneer in Ambient music. So much great Ambient came out in the 90's.

Pete Namlook also deserves a mention.

I'm actually working on my own Ambient Techno Album currently.

Small snippet of content below

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Zb7xtV1NVkZXZJ2K/?mibextid=xCPwDs

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Brian Eno on 09:11 - Jul 18 with 755 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brian Eno on 15:40 - Jul 17 by R_from_afar

I should give it a go too, I love ambient music, especially The Black Dog.

You probably know of Global Communications but these two albums are corkers. The second is actually an ambient reworking of an album by the indie band Chapterhouse.

Yes, I am fortunate enough to own both of these. The Chapterhouse one came free with an album of theirs called Blood Music. But it was very limited. I managed to pick it up on ebay a few years ago. I did notice it is now on Spotify though so available to the masses at least.

Which Black Dog albums can you recommend. I love Spanners and Bytes from the early days but they have issued so many albums I would be grateful for some pointers.
Brian Eno on 10:43 - Jul 19 with 575 viewsDiscodroids

Funky like a train.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Brian Eno on 16:06 - Jul 19 with 490 viewsR_from_afar

Brian Eno on 09:11 - Jul 18 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, I am fortunate enough to own both of these. The Chapterhouse one came free with an album of theirs called Blood Music. But it was very limited. I managed to pick it up on ebay a few years ago. I did notice it is now on Spotify though so available to the masses at least.

Which Black Dog albums can you recommend. I love Spanners and Bytes from the early days but they have issued so many albums I would be grateful for some pointers.

Glad you have those, thay are cracking.

The Black Dog albums I have other than the ones you mention are as follows. I think they are all pretty good.

- Temple of transparent balls
- Silenced
- Radio Scarecrow
- Liber Dogma
- The Grey Album.

I still have plenty left to try out, they are quite prolific!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brian Eno on 16:15 - Jul 19 with 466 viewsR_from_afar

Brian Eno on 08:58 - Jul 18 by silky

Love Brian's works, a pioneer in Ambient music. So much great Ambient came out in the 90's.

Pete Namlook also deserves a mention.

I'm actually working on my own Ambient Techno Album currently.

Small snippet of content below

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Zb7xtV1NVkZXZJ2K/?mibextid=xCPwDs

Re. Pete Namlook, you probably already know about them, but he worked with Klaus Schulze on eleven albums under the moniker Dark Side of the Moog. I have all of them on CD, bar number 11.

To be honest, although there are a few fabulous tracks in there, they are pretty patchy. There are a lot of pleasant but unremarkable pseudo-classical pieces which pad out the albums, with the second album in the series being particularly uninspiring.

Brian Eno on 16:26 - Jul 19 with 454 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brian Eno on 16:06 - Jul 19 by R_from_afar

Glad you have those, thay are cracking.

The Black Dog albums I have other than the ones you mention are as follows. I think they are all pretty good.

- Temple of transparent balls
- Silenced
- Radio Scarecrow
- Liber Dogma
- The Grey Album.

I still have plenty left to try out, they are quite prolific!

Yes, they certainly are.

Many thanks for the recommendations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024