Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should replace Southgate? 11:28 - Jul 16 with 2914 viewssuzie

Who should replace Southgate?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who should replace Southgate?

Who should replace Southgate? on 08:38 - Jul 18 with 757 viewssuzie

Who should replace Southgate? on 19:49 - Jul 17 by Chesham_Saint

And you believe she should be a serious contender for this role?

Yes!
If she were not a woman her track record at international level would make her one of the favourites.

Who should replace Southgate? on 09:41 - Jul 18 with 718 viewsIfonly

I reckon it will be Lee Carsley, first as an interim and then permanent. It's the same progression as Southgate and as far as the FA are concerned he was a success.
Who should replace Southgate? on 10:29 - Jul 18 with 705 viewsPatfromPoole

Who should replace Southgate? on 09:41 - Jul 18 by Ifonly

I reckon it will be Lee Carsley, first as an interim and then permanent. It's the same progression as Southgate and as far as the FA are concerned he was a success.

You are probably right.

The FA seem to be big fans of having a settled infrastructure in place, with a pathway for progression within it.

I suspect the likes of Guardiola and Klopp wouldn't put up with it and would want to overhaul it.

Though quite what the likes of Bellingham and Foden will make of Lee Carsley is anybody's guess.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Who should replace Southgate? on 10:53 - Jul 18 with 701 viewsfranniesTache

Who should replace Southgate? on 09:41 - Jul 18 by Ifonly

I mean it's hard to argue he wasn't a success, people might not have liked his football but there's virtually no other england manager with a record that comes close to his
Who should replace Southgate? on 11:05 - Jul 18 with 677 viewsIfonly

Who should replace Southgate? on 10:53 - Jul 18 by franniesTache

I mean it's hard to argue he wasn't a success, people might not have liked his football but there's virtually no other england manager with a record that comes close to his

Unfortunately, being the most successful England manager doesn't make you a success. It's a bit like being the most beautiful woman in Portsmouth.
Who should replace Southgate? on 11:18 - Jul 18 with 662 viewsPatfromPoole

Who should replace Southgate? on 10:53 - Jul 18 by franniesTache

Quite.

History will look kindly on him.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Who should replace Southgate? on 11:40 - Jul 18 with 641 viewsfranniesTache

Who should replace Southgate? on 11:18 - Jul 18 by PatfromPoole

Quite.

History will look kindly on him.

BIt like Claude Puel, it's almost impossible to argue Puel wasn't successful with Saints yet some of our more self entitled fans think he was crap because his football was "boring".

People really need a better sense of perspective.
Who should replace Southgate? on 11:59 - Jul 18 with 630 viewsIfonly

Who should replace Southgate? on 11:40 - Jul 18 by franniesTache

BIt like Claude Puel, it's almost impossible to argue Puel wasn't successful with Saints yet some of our more self entitled fans think he was crap because his football was "boring".

People really need a better sense of perspective.

It all depends on your targets and standards are. Puel was a success in terms of results (maybe not performances). A top 10 finish is a good result for the size of club we are, no one expected us to win the PL.

With Southgate, he didn't achieve what he himself said the realistic target was and what he wanted, so purely on his own terms he didn't succeed. Full credit to him for raising standards and making progress, but did he achieve what he set out to? No, and he very rarely looked like he would achieve it.
Login to get fewer ads

Who should replace Southgate? on 12:08 - Jul 18 with 625 viewssuzie

Who should replace Southgate? on 19:49 - Jul 17 by Chesham_Saint

And you believe she should be a serious contender for this role?

Absolutely!
Sadly she has seemingly ruled herself of contention. Not interested in the role.
Can’t say I blame her 😂
[Post edited 18 Jul 12:13]

Who should replace Southgate? on 15:51 - Jul 18 with 535 viewsChesham_Saint

Who should replace Southgate? on 12:08 - Jul 18 by suzie

Absolutely!
Sadly she has seemingly ruled herself of contention. Not interested in the role.
Can’t say I blame her 😂

So a person who has never managed elite footballers at the highest level should be put in charge of one of the top 6 national teams in the world?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Who should replace Southgate? on 15:54 - Jul 18 with 525 viewsButty101

Who should replace Southgate? on 15:51 - Jul 18 by Chesham_Saint

So a person who has never managed elite footballers at the highest level should be put in charge of one of the top 6 national teams in the world?

You might as well give it to Kelvin Davies , hes managed Eastleigh after all.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Who should replace Southgate? on 22:20 - Jul 18 with 446 viewshedgeend61

Who should replace Southgate? on 12:08 - Jul 18 by suzie

Absolutely!
Can’t say I blame her 😂

Some numpty (there's a few) rang up Cundy on Talksport (I ring in now and again if they need correcting) the other night suggesting the very same thing.

I thought he's on a wind up, but he was deadly serious dribbling on, they obviously couldn't say what they really though for fear of not being PC and losing their jobs.

Caught some of the women's game v Sweden on BBC the other day and the standard is woeful. My daughter played in the league below the WSL about 12 years ago with Oxford and she says the standard hasn't really improved.

Ruled herself out? if there was a list of 1000, she should/would get nowhere near it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024