Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 14:17 - Jul 15 with 1705 viewsPatfromPoole

Incoming.

Great news if we can do this, particularly at the reported £18m fee…..

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Downes on 14:32 - Jul 15 with 1641 viewskingslandstand1

Just the medical apparently
Downes on 14:56 - Jul 15 with 1578 views1teeminants

Downes on 14:32 - Jul 15 by kingslandstand1

Just the medical apparently

Downes coming done deal

https://www.westhamzone.com/transfers/flynn-downes-jets-out-of-west-ham-united-p

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Downes on 15:24 - Jul 15 with 1510 viewssaint901

I really hope Downes coming in does not mean KWP going to West Ham (or anybody else).

Reading the transfer gossip though it does seem like this is likely.

I'd opt for KWP over Downes all season long.
Downes on 15:48 - Jul 15 with 1461 viewsgrumpy

Downes on 15:24 - Jul 15 by saint901

I really hope Downes coming in does not mean KWP going to West Ham (or anybody else).

'I'd opt for KWP over Downes all season long'

I wouldn't.
Downes on 16:00 - Jul 15 with 1432 viewseastlondonsaint

I would take Downes over KWP - but let's hope this isn't part of the deal and we keep both.
[Post edited 15 Jul 16:01]

"Sit down Bullseye"

Downes on 16:07 - Jul 15 with 1409 views1885_SFC

Downes on 16:00 - Jul 15 by eastlondonsaint

I would take Downes over KWP - but let's hope this isn't part of the deal and we keep both.
[Post edited 15 Jul 16:01]

Downes isn't part of the deal. Unfortunately though, KWP is still going to West Ham, that's why we've just got the new Japanese lad in.
[Post edited 15 Jul 16:07]

Old School is Cool

Downes on 16:14 - Jul 15 with 1392 viewsIfonly

Downes on 15:24 - Jul 15 by saint901

I'd opt for Downes over KWP, particularly this season.

KWP has been great for us, but he was at his best as an attacking full back and was always a bit suspect defensively. He gave away several goals by being beaten in the air, or not defending the back post.

Last year we had to attack and break down opposition defences. This year we will be defending for our lives. We need to get some nil-nils. If the lad we've brought in can defend better than KWP then that will be a big help.
Downes on 16:54 - Jul 15 with 1330 viewskingslandstand1

Downes on 16:07 - Jul 15 by 1885_SFC

Downes isn't part of the deal. Unfortunately though, KWP is still going to West Ham, that's why we've just got the new Japanese lad in.

https://www.westhamzone.com/transfers/kyle-walker-peters-update-as-west-ham-unit

No definites in this gossip other than Downes coming in, and with KWP only a year left on his contract it makes sense to get a few bob back. I can't see him signing a new contract and it's a chance for him to get back to his London roots

Let's just hope this Japanese guy is the real deal - wonder if Yosh had a say in any of that?
Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 17:10 - Jul 15 with 1303 views1885_SFC

Downes on 16:54 - Jul 15 by kingslandstand1

https://www.westhamzone.com/transfers/kyle-walker-peters-update-as-west-ham-unit

No definites in this gossip other than Downes coming in, and with KWP only a year left on his contract it makes sense to get a few bob back. I can't see him signing a new contract and it's a chance for him to get back to his London roots

Let's just hope this Japanese guy is the real deal - wonder if Yosh had a say in any of that?

Even with RM in charge, you'd hope that the new Japanese lad has been bought as a replacement for KWP and will play in that position. He's just as likely to play in midfield though, such is RM's tinkering!

Also; I'm no expert on our finances, but don't we have to sell a player or two (KWP for example) in order to stay within FFP regulations?

Old School is Cool

Downes on 17:43 - Jul 15 with 1252 viewskingslandstand1

Downes on 17:10 - Jul 15 by 1885_SFC

Even with RM in charge, you'd hope that the new Japanese lad has been bought as a replacement for KWP and will play in that position. He's just as likely to play in midfield though, such is RM's tinkering!

Also; I'm no expert on our finances, but don't we have to sell a player or two (KWP for example) in order to stay within FFP regulations?

Ditto re finances but most clubs seem to be sh1ttin themselves over ffp, except Man City and Celsea of course, so that may be the case with us and KWP is one of the few saleable players we have
Downes on 18:17 - Jul 15 with 1206 viewsUTS1885

It’s imperative we get something for KWP as we have already lost a large wedge on Adams. Crystal Palace was mentioned to me as a possible destination.
Downes on 19:37 - Jul 15 with 1138 viewsJellybaby

Downes is the most important player to secure, this gives us a chance. Great news.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Downes on 09:46 - Jul 16 with 876 viewsGRIM

Downes on 16:07 - Jul 15 by 1885_SFC

Not sure that KWP is definitely going.
The Japanese lad could be coming in as cover for KWP. (Having watched videos of the Japanese lad he looks decent, but like KWP better going forward than defending)
If KWP goes we'll be short of cover at right back so I'd expect another right back to come in.
Our Polish Goalie Mat Lis has not been loaned out yet, perhaps he is in RM's plans.
Our priority has to be a proven Premier lge striker, but where do you get one on the limited finances we have.
But nice to see players come in nice & early at RM has a bit of time to work with them.
Downes on 10:02 - Jul 16 with 866 viewsBerber

Downes on 18:17 - Jul 15 by UTS1885

It’s imperative we get something for KWP as we have already lost a large wedge on Adams. Crystal Palace was mentioned to me as a possible destination.

The cost of players is written off over the life of their contracts. So we don’t actually lose anything on Adams. It isn’t reasonable to expect that an older player is worth as much in the market as when we bought him, especially as his returns in the PL were nothing like we hoped for.
Downes on 10:11 - Jul 16 with 863 viewsMonksway

Great news. It would have been very disappointing if RM's much publicised first pick hadn't got over the line. KWP and Bednarek are into the final year with no new contracts signed so very sensible that we have Sugawara and Wood/ Edwards already in the building. I expect Kyle and Jan to be sold in this window. We were short at LB last year hence Taylor. I'm expecting Larios to go on loan. Lallana in for Armstrong so if Frazer comes back I'm expecting a replacement for Adams, a loan GK ( for Bazunu) and another experienced wide player.
Downes on 10:57 - Jul 16 with 825 viewssaintwizzler

Downes on 10:11 - Jul 16 by Monksway

Great news. It would have been very disappointing if RM's much publicised first pick hadn't got over the line. KWP and Bednarek are into the final year with no new contracts signed so very sensible that we have Sugawara and Wood/ Edwards already in the building. I expect Kyle and Jan to be sold in this window. We were short at LB last year hence Taylor. I'm expecting Larios to go on loan. Lallana in for Armstrong so if Frazer comes back I'm expecting a replacement for Adams, a loan GK ( for Bazunu) and another experienced wide player.

And 2 more midfielders to play alongside Downes.
Smallbone and Charles will be like rabbits in the headlights in the PL.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Downes on 11:17 - Jul 16 with 803 viewskingslandstand1

Downes on 10:57 - Jul 16 by saintwizzler

So basically, we need a Premiership quality squad!
Downes on 12:08 - Jul 16 with 743 viewssaintwizzler

Downes on 11:17 - Jul 16 by kingslandstand1

So basically, we need a Premiership quality squad!

A Goalkeeper, 2 Central Midfielders and a Centre Forward to compete with The Loch Ness Drogba.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Downes on 15:10 - Jul 16 with 650 viewsSaintNick

Downes on 12:08 - Jul 16 by saintwizzler

A Goalkeeper, 2 Central Midfielders and a Centre Forward to compete with The Loch Ness Drogba.

Spot on and all four need to be proven quality and not either under 21 or over 31

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Downes on 22:35 - Jul 16 with 478 views1teeminants

Downes on 10:57 - Jul 16 by saintwizzler

Aribo will be fine I think as back Up in prem but agree we need two more quality ones in .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024