Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 706387 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:48 - Jul 26 with 7978 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:34 - Jul 25 by DannyPaddox

First impression. It’s Oddbod Jnr from Carry On Screaming. I’m all for more Carry On look-a-likes in the squad please.

Barbara Windsor great pairing upfront

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:25 - Jul 26 with 7728 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:34 - Jul 25 by DannyPaddox

First impression. It’s Oddbod Jnr from Carry On Screaming. I’m all for more Carry On look-a-likes in the squad please.

At 5 foot 4 someone that Chair can look down on. Hmm. I guess we are just bracing ourselves for some late potential offers on players like Chair, JCS and Dykes and hopefully our very astute management team have players to bring in very quickly if they go.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:09 - Jul 26 with 7481 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:25 - Jul 26 by bosh67

At 5 foot 4 someone that Chair can look down on. Hmm. I guess we are just bracing ourselves for some late potential offers on players like Chair, JCS and Dykes and hopefully our very astute management team have players to bring in very quickly if they go.

I hear we're in for this guy if Dykes leaves

https://images.app.goo.gl/oQbuPzDNTq49DkB46
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:00 - Jul 26 with 7128 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:45 - Jul 25 by Landshark

Yoann Barbet seemingly without a club now as Bordeaux have folded (or something bad) as a professional club.

Would you take him back? Still only 31.

It wouldn't fit in with the model but you do need some experienced heads to guide younger players in the team, although we already have Steve Cook in this position also.

But if memory serves me right, the main reason Barbet left us, was to move back to France, ie his home country, so it would be somewhere in France that he would be moving to, as the reason given was for his wife and young family.

His type of player, quality and consistency of performance along with being regularly available is the type we should be interested in, always IMO.
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:05 - Jul 26 with 6809 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:00 - Jul 26 by numptydumpty

It wouldn't fit in with the model but you do need some experienced heads to guide younger players in the team, although we already have Steve Cook in this position also.

But if memory serves me right, the main reason Barbet left us, was to move back to France, ie his home country, so it would be somewhere in France that he would be moving to, as the reason given was for his wife and young family.

His type of player, quality and consistency of performance along with being regularly available is the type we should be interested in, always IMO.
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:01]

sure we offered him a years deal and he as you say wanted to go home and got the three year deal he got with bordeaux , id happily offer him a years deal , a you said we need some old heads in the swuad as well as the youngsters we have bought in ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:17 - Jul 26 with 6718 viewsRangersw12

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:05 - Jul 26 by wombat

sure we offered him a years deal and he as you say wanted to go home and got the three year deal he got with bordeaux , id happily offer him a years deal , a you said we need some old heads in the swuad as well as the youngsters we have bought in ,

We've got Colback , Fox and Cook as old heads plus players like Chair , Field , Dunne and Dykes who have years of Championship experience so I think we should be covered
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:22 - Jul 26 with 6652 viewsStainrod

Loved Yohan but when has it, as the songstress Sade told us, been as good as the first time with a returning player? Steve Wicks, Clive Allen, struggling to think of any in recent times. Smyth debatable. Wonder as a fanbase if we are more nostalgic than most or if it is a common football phenomenon. Whenever a popular player retires the cry goes up "make him a coach".
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:31 - Jul 26 with 6571 viewsChrisNW6

I seem to remember him and Wallace looking extremely vulnerable in a back four. Not sure Yohan would fit into our current system.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 6434 viewsgolborne

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:31 - Jul 26 by ChrisNW6

I seem to remember him and Wallace looking extremely vulnerable in a back four. Not sure Yohan would fit into our current system.

great left foot apparently...does nobody remember the big diagonals that almost never found their target.

granted he was ever present, but mostly average/pony at times. gets a bang on the head from a poor challenge, brushes himself down and carries on with a bandage on his head and all of a sudden he's a cult hero and all is forgiven.
I will say that the bang on the head did actually improve some of his performances for the rest of that season - maybe there's something in it.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:52 - Jul 26 with 6417 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:49 - Jul 26 by golborne

great left foot apparently...does nobody remember the big diagonals that almost never found their target.

granted he was ever present, but mostly average/pony at times. gets a bang on the head from a poor challenge, brushes himself down and carries on with a bandage on his head and all of a sudden he's a cult hero and all is forgiven.
I will say that the bang on the head did actually improve some of his performances for the rest of that season - maybe there's something in it.

I don't want him back either but very harsh assessment here IMHO. When played in a five thought he was excellent. Crucially when he left us you soon saw what that loss of passion and fight meant.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:04 - Jul 26 with 6336 viewsDavieQPR

Ah, this fascination with ex players and people only thinking of their heydays. Surprised someone hasn't mentioned player/coach role.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:07 - Jul 26 with 6305 viewsdmm

Another Greg Spires analysis piece - Finding a new Striker for QPR: A Researched & Data-Driven Analysis: https://medium.com/@greg.spires/finding-a-new-striker-for-qpr-a-researched-data-
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:04 - Jul 26 with 5794 viewsstantheman10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:07 - Jul 26 by dmm

Another Greg Spires analysis piece - Finding a new Striker for QPR: A Researched & Data-Driven Analysis: https://medium.com/@greg.spires/finding-a-new-striker-for-qpr-a-researched-data-

Very interesting read but I find it hard to believe that there are no South American based players on the list.
Were unattached players included in the analysis as they would surely be the first ones to look at.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:41 - Jul 26 with 5528 viewsDWQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:07 - Jul 26 by dmm

Reading that and looking at those circular graphs I’ve come to the conclusion that Dykes will make a fantastic centre back!!!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:57 - Jul 26 with 5403 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The noise when he hit the advertising hoard. I remember the split second silence, and then all hell breaking loose. Barbet played like a man possessed after that.

Wouldn't have him back though. Those bloody free kicks.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:00 - Jul 26 with 5366 viewsMonkey_Roots

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:41 - Jul 26 by DWQPR

Reading that and looking at those circular graphs I’ve come to the conclusion that Dykes will make a fantastic centre back!!!

Exactly what I thought too!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:09 - Jul 26 with 5280 viewsTonto

Rangers linked with Dykes now...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:32 - Jul 26 with 5099 viewsQPR_Hibs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:09 - Jul 26 by Tonto

Rangers linked with Dykes now...

They're supposedly interested in Dykes OR Shankland.

Sounds familiar.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:40 - Jul 26 with 4745 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rubbish.

He had a difficult start / first 15 months, but after that was a very good player. Your memory is playing tricks on you there, he'd been imperious for some time before the head injury - well over a season. He'd been getting very good reviews well before that.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:22 - Jul 26 with 4361 viewsvanrrrr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:40 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

Rubbish.

He had a difficult start / first 15 months, but after that was a very good player. Your memory is playing tricks on you there, he'd been imperious for some time before the head injury - well over a season. He'd been getting very good reviews well before that.

Was quality in a back 3
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:34 - Jul 26 with 3908 viewsDannyPaddox

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:09 - Jul 26 by BklynRanger

I hear we're in for this guy if Dykes leaves

https://images.app.goo.gl/oQbuPzDNTq49DkB46

Lyndon ups his game in response
Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:31 - Jul 26 with 3519 viewsBklynRanger

Love it
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:59 - Jul 27 with 2923 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:04 - Jul 26 by stantheman10

Very interesting read but I find it hard to believe that there are no South American based players on the list.
Were unattached players included in the analysis as they would surely be the first ones to look at.

Didn’t SLF go on a scouting mission to Colombia (I think) or somewhere in SA?

Or, was it a junket that wasted money and yielded neesh..

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:21 - Jul 27 with 2794 viewsPaddyhoops

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:40 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

Rubbish.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat .
Loved him him . Had his faults but we’ve been battling relegation since he left and he’s only 31.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:50 - Jul 27 with 2367 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:21 - Jul 27 by Paddyhoops

I’d have him back in a heartbeat .
Loved him him . Had his faults but we’ve been battling relegation since he left and he’s only 31.

Give him a “pay as you score from a free kick deal”

He’ll be skint within six months

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024