Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elijah Bonner Dixon 18:27 - Nov 4 with 15687 viewsDoudou87

Thought he deserved a mention, showed some encouraging signs for his first start (i think it was!). Looks a better option than Dozzel, a bit more athletic and confident with his passing. Like to see him get another start against Bristol.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:07 - Nov 6 with 2792 viewsJamesB1979

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:17 - Nov 5 by Northernr

There's been dozens down the years. I remember patiently explaining on here why I wasn't sure whether Antonio German was really coming to save us.

Maybe not the messiah or a group of messiahs, I just want some lads who can step in when 1st team are suspended or injured. Need to build a squad of say 15 minimum outfield players that do not look out of place in a championship starting xi.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:10 - Nov 6 with 2772 viewsEsox_Lucius

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:13 - Nov 5 by QPunkR

Careful there Clive, you'll be called out as being over the top negative by Essox Lucius

Can you point on the doll to where the nasty man touched you?
I would also recommend a trip to either Specsavers or a remedial reading tutor.

The grass is always greener.

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:37 - Nov 6 with 2715 viewsgazza1

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:11 - Nov 5 by CamberleyR

The usual contrary reply from our resident football expert in response to the majority.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 15:14]

Sadly, as I have said before, the majority do not really understand football and the inner workings, you included.

He did OK for his first start, lets see if he is selected to start if all our players are fit on Saturday against Bristol.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:44 - Nov 6 with 2702 viewsgazza1

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:24 - Nov 5 by Northernr

TBF to Gaz, we do this quite a lot as a support base.

OH MY GOD HE'S FCKING INCREDIBLE AND THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PRAYERS.

We're particularly prone to it when it's a graduate from the B Team or academy, because we're so desperate for one of those to do well, and there are some prominent social media accounts who watch a lot of the development squad and like to hype the players within it without ever really acknowledging the abysmally low quality of those games versus senior football - Rafferty Pedder was getting a good noshing in the summer, he's now at Oxford City.

Dixon-Bonner did well, in difficult conditions, on a full Championship debut. We've got him between a 6 and a 7 in our ratings. He should have done better with the goal scoring chance he had. He benefitted from, and contributed positively to, a much improved style of play and performance. He should be pleased with his day's work. It was a big ask of the lad to come in with two of our three central midfielders suspended and he did really well.

But it's a 1-1 draw against a crap side. It's a poor result. Cifuentes called it exactly right in his post match, we need to be way better than that. It's not a day of 7s and 8s.

He did fine, but let's not do our over hype thing again. Under hype, down play, under promise, and then hopefully be pleasantly surprised as he grows into a good player for us.

I concur with your thoughts.....and fair play to him. His performance will give him confidence. Lets hope he progresses, I like his build, the way he gets around the pitch, etc but a long way to go. Good luck to him. Big difference between kids football (which is all he has done) and the evils of the Championship.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:09 - Nov 6 with 2631 viewsBAWHoops

He appears to be an option in midfield, which is great as it's a position we are short in.
If everyone is fit he doesn't start. But in a situation like yesterday if he can come in and equip himself well then that's a positive. It doesn't need to be any more than that

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:16 - Nov 6 with 2593 viewsCamberleyR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:37 - Nov 6 by gazza1

Sadly, as I have said before, the majority do not really understand football and the inner workings, you included.

He did OK for his first start, lets see if he is selected to start if all our players are fit on Saturday against Bristol.

From the person who didn't have a clue who Sabri Lamouchi was that's a breathtakingly arrogant reply.

Really, with your level of football knowledge, I'm amazed a Premier League club hasn't come calling for your services before now.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 11:17]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:18 - Nov 6 with 2583 viewsNorthernr

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:09 - Nov 6 by BAWHoops

He appears to be an option in midfield, which is great as it's a position we are short in.
If everyone is fit he doesn't start. But in a situation like yesterday if he can come in and equip himself well then that's a positive. It doesn't need to be any more than that

Weird that we've gone, in one game, from struggling to think who will play central midfield to trying to work out who we're going to leave out.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:53 - Nov 6 with 2461 viewsTheChef

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:19 - Nov 4 by qprd

Totally disagree re Beale and critchley vs Ainsworth

Last year we had way more options in midfield- Amos, johanssen, Tim I…. He definitely wasn’t better than any of them and this year we have almost no midfield depth and yet he never played … also last year he was one less year into his development

Probably time to move on from the Ainsworth disaster but let’s not forget that Ainsworth had a chance to blood youngsters against Bristol city at the end of season yet decided to play loanees and free agents we were going to lose in the summer

Don't get me started on our so called midfield last season, which was basically Field having to do everything.

Johansen was consistently awful (note he is still unattached now).

Amos was alright on the very few occasions he was fit to play (also, still without a club).

Iroegbunam blew hot and cold, another team's player being developed on our time, ahead of our own players. And has not figured at all for Villa this season.

Based on that, EDB deserved a chance last season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 10:45 - Nov 6 with 2335 viewsEsox_Lucius

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:16 - Nov 6 by CamberleyR

From the person who didn't have a clue who Sabri Lamouchi was that's a breathtakingly arrogant reply.

Really, with your level of football knowledge, I'm amazed a Premier League club hasn't come calling for your services before now.

Straight out of the Dunning-Kreuger coaching academy?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 11:26 - Nov 6 with 2250 viewsgazza1

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:16 - Nov 6 by CamberleyR

Why would I know who Sabri Lamouchi is??? What has he done in football in this country??

I certainly know why a park football team hasnt signed you up before
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 11:29]
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 11:40 - Nov 6 with 2210 viewsQPunkR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:10 - Nov 6 by Esox_Lucius

Can you point on the doll to where the nasty man touched you?
I would also recommend a trip to either Specsavers or a remedial reading tutor.

You're a very strange specimen aren't you?

QPR - "shit but local"

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 11:48 - Nov 6 with 2194 viewsAndybrat

Just saw the interview on the offi, bit of honesty there on being left out. Like his attitude, in my team
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 12:52 - Nov 6 with 2074 viewsLazyFan

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:53 - Nov 6 by TheChef

Don't get me started on our so called midfield last season, which was basically Field having to do everything.

Johansen was consistently awful (note he is still unattached now).

Amos was alright on the very few occasions he was fit to play (also, still without a club).

Iroegbunam blew hot and cold, another team's player being developed on our time, ahead of our own players. And has not figured at all for Villa this season.

Based on that, EDB deserved a chance last season.

I agree with you on Johansen and Amos.

But Iroegbunam was injured at the start of this season, so could not get a loan move. Then, when the window shut and he got himself match fit, Villa started rising up the table. So, it would be hard for a youngster to get into that team now, and he cannot be loaned out as the window is shut.

Last season he blew hot and cold as he wanted to play DMC, when really he's an AMC. As we saw against Watford when he plays AMC he can be a real danger as he can get from box to box quickly, unlike Dozzell.

I quite like the skills of Dozzell, but he has shown me why players like Iroegbunam are better, as they can get up and down the pitch quicker, which makes all the difference in midfield.

EBD in the last game did that, can he do it all the time? I hope so.

zzzzzzzzzz

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 14:15 - Nov 6 with 1942 viewsCamberleyR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 11:26 - Nov 6 by gazza1

Why would I know who Sabri Lamouchi is??? What has he done in football in this country??

I certainly know why a park football team hasnt signed you up before
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 11:29]

I imagine you're the sort of person that if someone's been to Tenerife, you've been to Elevenerife

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 14:36 - Nov 6 with 1874 viewsgazza1

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 14:15 - Nov 6 by CamberleyR

I imagine you're the sort of person that if someone's been to Tenerife, you've been to Elevenerife

Never been to Tenerife, not interested.....been to Lanzarote though.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 14:57 - Nov 6 with 1804 viewsCiderwithRsie

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:18 - Nov 6 by Northernr

Weird that we've gone, in one game, from struggling to think who will play central midfield to trying to work out who we're going to leave out.

Lots of bodies, several of them have something to offer on basis of their best games for us, none of them doing it consistently or in all aspects of play.

Makes it quite hard to pick the starting four, and any time it doesn't click (i.e. most weeks this last few years) they guy who didn't play looks a better player.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 14:59 - Nov 6 with 1802 viewsEsox_Lucius

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 11:40 - Nov 6 by QPunkR

You're a very strange specimen aren't you?

In a good way?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:22 - Nov 6 with 1739 viewsQPunkR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 14:59 - Nov 6 by Esox_Lucius

In a good way?

I mean, probably!

QPR - "shit but local"

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:49 - Nov 6 with 1523 viewsBurnleyhoop

Not difficult……Dozzell. Has improved on last season, which isn’t saying much, but still a bantamweight midfielder. EDB for me. At least until he looks equally out of his depth, which I doubt.

Selection should be on merit, and he merits another crack of the whip.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:03 - Nov 6 with 1478 viewsHeadington

Thought Dixon-Bonner was excellent. Mystery why we have seen so little of him, but I suppose partly explained by Ainsworth's approach and style. Saw EDB in a friendly against Livingston during the world cup break and he was one of the best players on the pitch. Technically very good, energy and pace, always wants the ball and made late runs into the box a couple of times. Unlucky not to score.

Not a one off in my view. Think we will see a lot more of him.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:18 - Nov 6 with 1423 viewsPunteR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 08:37 - Nov 6 by gazza1

Are you Paul Gascoigne.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:54 - Nov 7 with 987 viewsderbyhoop

Well MC may have a dilemma. Chair out but both Colback and Dozzell back. 1 of them for Chair, probably. But did EDB do enough to keep his place? If so, Smyth's slot will be under threat.
But if you end up playing EDB, Colback, Field, Willock and Dozzell where do the goals come from?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:57 - Nov 7 with 977 viewsNorthernr

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:54 - Nov 7 by derbyhoop

Well MC may have a dilemma. Chair out but both Colback and Dozzell back. 1 of them for Chair, probably. But did EDB do enough to keep his place? If so, Smyth's slot will be under threat.
But if you end up playing EDB, Colback, Field, Willock and Dozzell where do the goals come from?

Well where do the goals come from anyway?
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 17:04 - Nov 7 with 955 viewsParkRoyalR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:57 - Nov 7 by Northernr

On the basis both EDB and Cannon found space on the edge of the box screaming for a square pass from Chair (who had received a cut-back from Paal on the bye-line!) before rifling into the top corner, suddenly we have options.....

I am a lot more optimistic that we have the foundations of an attack involving as many as 6 or 7 players at a time - with Chair getting his mojo back, EDB breaking the line and Smyth and Willock on the pitch, I think we'll create a lot more chances than we have been....just need to take them now....
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 17:29 - Nov 7 with 885 viewsderbyhoop

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:57 - Nov 7 by Northernr

Left back?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024