Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread 19:18 - Sep 8 with 36386 viewsToast_R

Been looking forward to this and I think this year will be a cracker. Ireland, France, Bokke and All Black stand out favourites, I've a suspicion Scotland may throw it open on that side of the draw by getting something out of Ireland or RSA.

Tonight though, what a cracker open with; Hosts France take on The All Blacks. I'm going for the All Blacks to silence the Parisienne crowd. Or they could get pumped. 🤔
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 15:29 - Oct 17 with 2299 viewsdenhamhoop2

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 16:25 - Oct 16 by OldPedro

I forgot about Scotland in 91, but Wales have 3 semi-final appearances, 1987, 2011 and 2019

Must admit the 2011 Tournament is one I must have slept through 8 7 to Kiwis in Final the fact it was in New Zealand probably plays a part the games must have been in middle of night. Who the hell is Donald his kick won the Tournament and Wales's knockout win should have an asterisk it was v Ireland was this the Tournament where England got in trouble for Midget Throwing in a bar
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:26 - Oct 18 with 2096 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The same ref that France have complained loudly about is in charge again this weekend .As I said before I know very little about Rugby but this must be a mistake .
If he gave SA all the calls ( a few nuetral observers agree ) and helped SA over the line how is he rewarded with the same team a week later.
Imagine Stroud or Ward having QPR back to back weeks after their usual butcher job on us there would be a revolt
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 16:01 - Oct 18 with 2072 viewsstowmarketrange

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:10 - Oct 17 by robith

You should deffo try and get there if you can, will be class.

Though to flag the Stade de France is an absolute shitshow lately - get there early is my advice

We went for the 6 nations game in Paris in 2020 and we were there about 1 hour before the game.We just managed to get to our seats in time for the ko,and there were 1,000’s behind us.
Make sure you get there extra early because the queues to enter the stadium are massive.
I got an email about tickets for £350, but I don’t know whether the website is genuine or not so I haven’t bothered.
Enjoy the game if you make it there.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:33 - Oct 18 with 2021 viewsderbyhoop

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:02 - Oct 17 by Toast_R

South African friend of mine has ben offered two Semi Final tickets from his group of friends and has asked me if I want one!

Its a sod it falls on half term weekend as the Ferrys out are all gone and the Eurostar is ridiculously expensive at short notice.

Figuring out some routes, flight out and a couple of train journeys and a ferry back Sunday as a foot passenger seems my best hope.

You could try to get a flight to Poitiers. Train from Poitiers-Paris takes 1h 19mins. Metro is 2.10€ per trip, less with a carnet.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:46 - Oct 20 with 1859 viewsTomS

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:33 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

You could try to get a flight to Poitiers. Train from Poitiers-Paris takes 1h 19mins. Metro is 2.10€ per trip, less with a carnet.

I feel sorry for any neutrals at tonight's match. It is probably the most tension-free semi final I have ever watched.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:03 - Oct 20 with 1843 viewsBlackCrowe

Unfortunately this world cup (which has spread out too long imo) died after the quarters. Two one-sided semis (probably, unfortunately) and then a predictable S.Hem final where i want both to lose. It needed France and/or Ireland to show up in the killer stages.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:50 - Oct 20 with 1783 viewsToast_R

This odd conception that England are arrogant so everyone hates them, and there the All Blacks 44-6 up in 81 minutes, not kicking the ball out. Get f*cked . I hope the Boks smash them again in in the final.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 23:48 - Oct 20 with 1733 viewsKiwi76

Cheers Toast
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:51 - Oct 21 with 1650 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 23:48 - Oct 20 by Kiwi76

Cheers Toast

Apologies, too much red wine for me last night. I did find it rather distasteful and the ITV commentators turned last night into an All Black w@ankfest from the get-go and it all got a bit annoying.

French are bloody arrogant as well. The amount of whining they've been doing since their defeat is quite incredible.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 15:22 - Oct 21 with 1548 viewsSuperhoops2808

Dont think I will even bother with the rugby tonight

Football and cricket have turned me right off!!

Strictly it is then
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:05 - Oct 21 with 1488 viewsKiwi76

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:51 - Oct 21 by Toast_R

Apologies, too much red wine for me last night. I did find it rather distasteful and the ITV commentators turned last night into an All Black w@ankfest from the get-go and it all got a bit annoying.

French are bloody arrogant as well. The amount of whining they've been doing since their defeat is quite incredible.

Honestly think AB arrogance would be fair call other tournaments but expectations very low at start of tournament. Foster has been dead man walking for past year or two & pleased he goes out with head high.
Let’s see who we’re playing next hour or two…
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:52 - Oct 21 with 1438 viewsMalintabuk

Must ablution for punishment as just got home... soaking wet and cold.... crushed in the cricket.... normal Rangers performance and no sign of getting rid of the Rhinestone cowboy.... and now the rugby..... to make this day complete I need the heating to pack in
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 1386 viewsstowmarketrange

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:52 - Oct 21 by Malintabuk

Must ablution for punishment as just got home... soaking wet and cold.... crushed in the cricket.... normal Rangers performance and no sign of getting rid of the Rhinestone cowboy.... and now the rugby..... to make this day complete I need the heating to pack in

We’re doing well so far.Hope it continues.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:08 - Oct 21 with 1354 viewsMalintabuk

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:55 - Oct 21 by stowmarketrange

We’re doing well so far.Hope it continues.

Can't ask for more than what England are doing. The conditions though are definitely favouring us..... but after the dross today I will take the win if it comes anyway
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:19 - Oct 21 with 1332 viewsSAPilgrim

England playing a hell of a game. Rassie clearly getting wound up with those subs
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:20 - Oct 21 with 1329 viewsMalintabuk

Wow what a kick
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:21 - Oct 21 with 1326 viewsMalintabuk

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:19 - Oct 21 by SAPilgrim

England playing a hell of a game. Rassie clearly getting wound up with those subs

Rassie on that bench reminded me of our beloved GA... firefighting
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:55 - Oct 21 with 1287 viewsMalintabuk

Just about the end of a perfect day.... as Darling use to say....... buggar
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:58 - Oct 21 with 1237 viewsted_hendrix

I'm afraid they were just to good In the end, you could see England slowly fading and SA getting stronger.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:59 - Oct 21 with 1237 viewsNov77

What a shit day. SA were ahead in that game for only 2 and a half minutes!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:59 - Oct 21 with 1235 viewsflynnbo

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:55 - Oct 21 by Malintabuk

Just about the end of a perfect day.... as Darling use to say....... buggar

Absolutely concur. A shitty day all round. Come on the Kiwis in both 🏈 and 🏏.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:09 - Oct 21 with 1202 viewsBlackCrowe

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:59 - Oct 21 by flynnbo

Absolutely concur. A shitty day all round. Come on the Kiwis in both 🏈 and 🏏.

An appalling day of sport...I'm off to bed.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:17 - Oct 21 with 1143 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:58 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

I'm afraid they were just to good In the end, you could see England slowly fading and SA getting stronger.

A couple of quick things there Ted. SA Bomb squad turned this game on its head for sure but that Ref was terrible 2 weeks in a row.
France were denied by him without doubt and he gets another game 7 days later and SA get some critical calls . I call B.S.
Watching that England player (Currie ? ) nose bleeding and barely walking tells the story of how England battled to get that win all for nothing.
Last point , you cannot win without tries and England shot themselves in the foot not getting them and taking it away from any officials .
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:20 - Oct 21 with 1134 viewsToast_R

Gutting, done us proud though. 👏
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:22 - Oct 21 with 1117 viewsMedwayR

England paid for Farrell’s lack of discipline when we got marched back 10 putting the posts within kicking distance. We also seemed to have no plan once we’d got 9pts ahead.

However, no one saw that performance coming from England, made a very good SA side look average for most of the game and can go out with heads held high.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024