Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lauren James discussion at work. 15:23 - Aug 3 with 12443 viewsSnipper

Was just chatting to a couple of managers at work about the women’s World Cup, as they’d just showed Germany being knocked out on the news.

One of them was on about Lauren James, and how good she is. I said I’d heard about her being a good player, but I didn’t realise how good she was. I said she’s been brilliant so far.

Anyway, one of them said that she’s good enough to play for QPR. He was serious too.
I said she wouldn’t last 5 minutes playing men’s football. He was adamant that she would.

I said the time and space she gets in women’s football would be nullified within seconds, and she hasn’t got the physicality to play men’s football.

I said no woman would last in the men’s professional game.

He wouldn’t have it.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 23:12 - Aug 3 with 3071 viewsMrSheen

I’ve gone on before about my kids being at primary school with Jameses. Lauren insisted on playing in the same playtime games as her brothers, against boys 3 years older than her. My son described her style as “Tasmanian Devil”, all energy and aggression. Coaching rugby, younger siblings seemed much more assertive and fearless than older ones, who’d been told to play nicely and be gentle all their lives. I wonder if there is a correlation with football too.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 23:36 - Aug 3 with 3022 viewsnadera78

Lauren James discussion at work. on 22:30 - Aug 3 by daveB

I'm not sure why we have to compare the two and can't just enjoy both. A female sprinter probably wouldn't beat a male one but both races are great to watch at the Olympics, same with tennis and cricket.

I mean, the thread was literally started by someone asking if she could play in men's football so my point was relevant to what's being discussed. I didn't say anything about ability, these women are obviously very talented and the games are enjoyable, just that they wouldn't be able to compete physically with the men.

And that goes for every sport. It's why we have separate male and female competitions.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 00:17 - Aug 4 with 2988 viewsSydneyRs

Lauren James discussion at work. on 15:27 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Love me a thread like this. Can basically tell you word for word how this is going to go over the next five pages, and exactly who's going to say what.

Can't we just delete it and save everyone some time and irritation.

Why, just why do we need a thread like this?
Lauren James discussion at work. on 00:59 - Aug 4 with 2964 viewsKerryE

Lauren James discussion at work. on 15:36 - Aug 3 by lightwaterhoop

It's a London Underground manager your talking about,Mark.Say no more!

I thought he was talking to actual football managers.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 07:45 - Aug 4 with 2831 viewsJordanFoster

Try not to post that much any more, but this and another thread heavy made me inclined to log back in!

Quite random, but I actually had a 1 v 1 with Lauren about 8 weeks ago and let me tell you, her talent is ridiculous. He’s strength, pace, agility, she’s an absolute phenomenon. Her and Reece, genetics wise, are on a completely different level.

I also went to a few of her Champions League games and the FA Cup Final, the biggest difference for me is the speed in transitions. But Lauren seems to have the physicality that’s almost comparable to the mens game. Reece will tell until he’s blue in the face that from a technical perspective there’s a lot worse than her currently playing in the Prem.

Whilst I think the womens game has loads of talented female players, Lauren’s the only one I’ve seen that *could* play in the mens game because she had the whole package. If we’re talking physically, is she going to look more out of place than say Albert Adomah?

Aside from that, she’s also a lovely, lovely kid. Lives a simple life and just loves playing football. She’ll probably be the highest earning female footballer ever (commercial deals included, one of few ethnic minorities etc) and I’d predicted her to be the best female player we’ve ever produced.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 08:45 - Aug 4 with 2768 viewsSnipper

Lauren James discussion at work. on 00:17 - Aug 4 by SydneyRs

I’ll ask your permission before I post anything again shall I?

I just thought it was an interesting topic for discussion, and this thread hasn’t degenerated into what Clive was worried it would do.

I’ve been watching a few of the games in this World Cup. Lauren James has been a revelation thus far, and I hope she can continue playing like this and help win us the World Cup.

The women shouldn’t be compared to the men in football. It’s an unfair comparison.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 2732 viewsstowmarketrange

Lauren James discussion at work. on 23:12 - Aug 3 by MrSheen

I’ve gone on before about my kids being at primary school with Jameses. Lauren insisted on playing in the same playtime games as her brothers, against boys 3 years older than her. My son described her style as “Tasmanian Devil”, all energy and aggression. Coaching rugby, younger siblings seemed much more assertive and fearless than older ones, who’d been told to play nicely and be gentle all their lives. I wonder if there is a correlation with football too.

I think the decision by a lot of county FAs in allowing mixed football to happen until 16/18 has helped to produce better women footballers.The better girls now are allowed to play football with boys later which improves their game overall.They have to toughen up more or they wouldn’t see much of the ball.
It would be helpful if they were also encouraged to play girls football too,but mixed football matches normally take place on Sundays,which is the same day as most girls football games.

I don’t know the actual figures but I reckon that most of the current squad would’ve played mixed football rather than just girls football while they were growing up.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 09:35 - Aug 4 with 2701 viewsted_hendrix

I just can't take to It at all, I look at the odd report now and again and the last time I looked there was a report about the Nigerian players not getting paid and poor preparation by their respective FA, I thought there and then I hope Nigeria win the bloody thing and I quickly went back to my golden slumbers.

Each to they're own and all that.................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Lauren James discussion at work. on 10:25 - Aug 4 with 2650 viewsWokingR

Lauren James discussion at work. on 22:05 - Aug 3 by numptydumpty

I self identify as a cat so this thread is not relevant in my world !!!!

Clive already told us you would say that.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 10:58 - Aug 4 with 2621 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lauren James discussion at work. on 08:45 - Aug 4 by Snipper

I’ll ask your permission before I post anything again shall I?

I just thought it was an interesting topic for discussion, and this thread hasn’t degenerated into what Clive was worried it would do.

I’ve been watching a few of the games in this World Cup. Lauren James has been a revelation thus far, and I hope she can continue playing like this and help win us the World Cup.

The women shouldn’t be compared to the men in football. It’s an unfair comparison.

Your colleague is a plum!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:02 - Aug 4 with 2552 viewsSnipper

Lauren James discussion at work. on 10:58 - Aug 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Your colleague is a plum!

Totally agree with you mate. Even the other manager thought he was stupid saying it.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:24 - Aug 4 with 2487 viewsTGRRRSSS

NO real debate I agree try to enjoy it's own merits.

It's the reason for the Trans in sports debate and why it would be unfair, let alone someone the size of Kyle Walker say tackling you (I remember thinking how big and strong he looked on loan back in the day)

However one thign is the size of goals against the Keepers, does this also mean it's more likely you can score some of these great goals if you are able to angle correctly etc?

This might (I suspect allow for goals that may not happen in mens games but someone better than me can no doubt explain.

Not saying it's easy but I was wondering the size of the Chinese goalkeeper the other day.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 14:37 - Aug 4 with 2398 viewsR_from_afar

Lauren James discussion at work. on 00:17 - Aug 4 by SydneyRs

I really hope I'm wrong but I fear that by approximately 3.15pm UK time tomorrow, we're going to be very grateful for all the non-QPR threads we can find!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lauren James discussion at work. on 16:51 - Aug 4 with 2325 viewsnumptydumpty

Lauren James discussion at work. on 10:25 - Aug 4 by WokingR

Clive already told us you would say that.

Nice to be able to revert to type.

Darned it.

Been trying to be unpredictable and interesting for the sake of my good lady.

Clearly need to try harder....

Miaow !!! 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Lauren James discussion at work. on 06:21 - Aug 5 with 2218 viewsQPerthR

There is alway talk of under 15s boys beating a female team , so look at the physicality 18-32 year old women are they the equivalent to a 15 year old boy ? 5’69 id say the same average of the female team
So Englands women’s team is the Equivalent of England u15 boys team maybe .I think that Lauren James would get in that team . I don’t think she would get in the England u21s though , because of physicality and she doesn’t look like she has pace , not skill . If she played in the U21 team for the next 4 years would she be competitive or be injured
Lauren James discussion at work. on 12:50 - Aug 6 with 2046 viewsToast_R

Nice to see the USA have gone out. VAR on the deciding penalty, USA keeper almost saved it but the ball spun back behind the line by a milimetre on its way back into her hands. Funny way to win and the Yanks ain't having it.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:34 - Aug 7 with 1932 viewsthame_hoops

Lauren James discussion at work. on 12:50 - Aug 6 by Toast_R

Nice to see the USA have gone out. VAR on the deciding penalty, USA keeper almost saved it but the ball spun back behind the line by a milimetre on its way back into her hands. Funny way to win and the Yanks ain't having it.

Bump lol

1mm or 0.04 inch
Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:39 - Aug 7 with 1901 viewsbosh67

Daft decision by Lauren James. A great shame because she is such a good player but she lost her head and that could be her out the tournament. Well done to the team for getting through but that is a big loss for us in the quarters.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:42 - Aug 7 with 1886 viewsthame_hoops

Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:39 - Aug 7 by bosh67

Daft decision by Lauren James. A great shame because she is such a good player but she lost her head and that could be her out the tournament. Well done to the team for getting through but that is a big loss for us in the quarters.

is it an automatic one game ban? I'd think they'd add on another at least?
Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:46 - Aug 7 with 1857 viewsJuzzie

As predicted by Clive on the match thread.....

NB: this thread is about a discussion being held that would she be good enough to play for the QPR mens team.

Maybe keep what happens in the match within the match thread?
Lauren James discussion at work. on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 1744 viewsthame_hoops

Lauren James discussion at work. on 13:46 - Aug 7 by Juzzie

As predicted by Clive on the match thread.....

NB: this thread is about a discussion being held that would she be good enough to play for the QPR mens team.

Maybe keep what happens in the match within the match thread?

yes sir, sorry sir.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 14:07 - Aug 7 with 1711 viewsJuzzie

Lauren James discussion at work. on 14:00 - Aug 7 by thame_hoops

yes sir, sorry sir.

Well done :)
Lauren James discussion at work. on 16:08 - Aug 7 with 1439 viewsDTIG

And I'd have Millie Bright at CB and Chloe Kelly upfront with Dykes. Can't be worse than what we've got!
Lauren James discussion at work. on 16:19 - Aug 7 with 1411 viewsSnipper

The manager in question in the original post apologised when I booked on.

I asked him why he was apologising, and he said I was right all along about LJ. I said it wasn’t her football skills that got her sent off.

The man is a salmon.
Lauren James discussion at work. on 18:16 - Aug 7 with 1253 viewsstowmarketrange

Well done to our Chloe again.And a win for the ladies even though they struggled a bit more than we all thought they would.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024