Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asmir Begovic 23:59 - Jul 11 with 29142 viewsaston_hoop

Better than Jordan Archer to be fair

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Asmir Begovic on 22:15 - Jul 12 with 5436 viewsqpr1976

Asmir Begovic on 20:53 - Jul 12 by numptydumpty

I was at the games that Marshall and westwood played.

Cant say they were mostly crap at all. I thought they all did reasonably well in games myself

As i have heard said somewhere before - recollections may vary

The timescale I thought that the comment made said we had ALWAYS had a habit of making terrible signings for goalkeepers and to be fair I dont think we have. Centre forwards though !!!!!!!!!

we have made and had many many decent men in as goalkeepers

Way way back - seaman, woods, burridge, stejskal, parkes,.

But if we had to pick one gaolkeeper out for all time shyteness !!!

Only one man stands tall - Tony welshboy Roberts !!!!!!

Now he was dodgy... lol
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 20:55]

Maybe you missed the Bankole game ??
Asmir Begovic on 22:22 - Jul 12 with 5386 viewsQPRConor2000

I think its a shrewd bit of business from us.

Great to get in on a 12 month deal to soften the blow, good solid keeper and brings some experience.

Also, allows us to scout for a keeper longer term, this might be important as the three year rolling FFP period resets next season, so we might probably be in a better position to get a keeper in then, also depends on what league we are in as well.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 22:23]
Asmir Begovic on 22:50 - Jul 12 with 5264 viewsderbyhoop

The backups are Archer, Walsh, Salamon and Mahoney.
Archer has already shown he's not up to Champ standard
Walsh missed out on development last year by getting injured.
Salamon was loaned out below Nat Lge level. More development to come?
Mahoney has gone on season long loan, which is best option for him at this stage.

Maybe none will be good enough. But we're giving ourselves 12 months to find out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Asmir Begovic on 06:28 - Jul 13 with 4956 viewsMatch82

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we should really take a look at Dillon Barnes...
Asmir Begovic on 07:21 - Jul 13 with 4764 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Asmir Begovic on 19:16 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Another occasion, like Dykes, where one half decent first teamer is unavailable and there isn’t a single other person anywhere in the building capable of doing that job so we have to get somebody on the cusp of retirement to come and do it. We’ve spent the last few years making, in my opinion, some highly fcking dubious goalkeeper signings when we should have been preparing the next cab off the rank for a timely and lucrative Dieng sale. Dillon Barnes, for instance…

Another Ferdinand failing. Arguably the most important position (particularly with our defence) yet there's no one at the 'development' club ready to step up. Makes you wonder what he did for the last eight years - watched his Airwolf boxset?
Asmir Begovic on 07:25 - Jul 13 with 4785 viewsdistortR

Asmir Begovic on 22:50 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

The backups are Archer, Walsh, Salamon and Mahoney.
Archer has already shown he's not up to Champ standard
Walsh missed out on development last year by getting injured.
Salamon was loaned out below Nat Lge level. More development to come?
Mahoney has gone on season long loan, which is best option for him at this stage.

Maybe none will be good enough. But we're giving ourselves 12 months to find out.

I understand the rationale, but Seny was always likely to be sold this summer given his contract status.
So we are at least a year behind in developing replacements/alternatives from where we need to be - in every position. It's damning, and most involved in this failure are still there, from top to bottom.
I'm not a fan of Ainsworth's appointment, but right now he has no chance.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 7:46]
Asmir Begovic on 08:43 - Jul 13 with 4582 viewsozexile

Asmir Begovic on 07:21 - Jul 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

Another Ferdinand failing. Arguably the most important position (particularly with our defence) yet there's no one at the 'development' club ready to step up. Makes you wonder what he did for the last eight years - watched his Airwolf boxset?

Totally agree with you. Although someone will be along soon to tell you it wasn't really in his remit
Asmir Begovic on 08:45 - Jul 13 with 4576 viewsQPR_Jim

Asmir Begovic on 07:25 - Jul 13 by distortR

I understand the rationale, but Seny was always likely to be sold this summer given his contract status.
So we are at least a year behind in developing replacements/alternatives from where we need to be - in every position. It's damning, and most involved in this failure are still there, from top to bottom.
I'm not a fan of Ainsworth's appointment, but right now he has no chance.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 7:46]

To be fair I think if Walsh was fit when needed in 2022 we'd have probably not have signed Westwood as he was ahead of Mahoney at that point. Off the back of those games (8) at Championship level we could have probably got him a decent loan last season, all being well we'd have ourselves a replacement.

I still think it's a shame that we didn't give our youth Goalkeepers more of a chance at that time even with Walsh injured. I can understand looking down the barrel at 20 games without Dieng going for a free agent with more experience but when Marshall got injured we should have not signed Westwood and given Mahoney more games.
Login to get fewer ads

Asmir Begovic on 09:06 - Jul 13 with 4489 viewshubble

Asmir Begovic on 21:52 - Jul 12 by Logman

In the latest training video on the Offish there is no sign of Archer. Maybe he has been sent to a retreat in the mountains.

Well they're in Austria. He's probably somewhere shooting an apple off someone's kid's head.

Re. Numpty's post above: Jurgen Sommer - even worse than Roberts. And we had both on the books at the same time.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Asmir Begovic on 09:33 - Jul 13 with 4393 viewsCateLeBonR

Asmir Begovic on 22:22 - Jul 12 by QPRConor2000

I think its a shrewd bit of business from us.

Great to get in on a 12 month deal to soften the blow, good solid keeper and brings some experience.

Also, allows us to scout for a keeper longer term, this might be important as the three year rolling FFP period resets next season, so we might probably be in a better position to get a keeper in then, also depends on what league we are in as well.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 22:23]

Sorry mate but the “3 year rolling period” doesn’t ever reset, it rolls. So the figures from 3 years ago drop off and the most recent annual figures join the party.

If we can get through the next couple of seasons on a lean budget and remain a championship side we should be ok going forward. It’s a big if though.
Asmir Begovic on 09:53 - Jul 13 with 4310 viewsTheChef

Why Airwolf?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Asmir Begovic on 10:01 - Jul 13 with 4245 viewsstantheman10

Are you still bleating on about Ferdinand? He's gone. You need to find someone new to moan about because frankly you're boring
Asmir Begovic on 10:28 - Jul 13 with 4135 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Asmir Begovic on 09:33 - Jul 13 by CateLeBonR

Sorry mate but the “3 year rolling period” doesn’t ever reset, it rolls. So the figures from 3 years ago drop off and the most recent annual figures join the party.

If we can get through the next couple of seasons on a lean budget and remain a championship side we should be ok going forward. It’s a big if though.

Splitting hairs a bit there. It rolls but you could argue it 'resets' every year with the current year replacing the one four years ago.
This season is the big one to get through really.
Asmir Begovic on 10:36 - Jul 13 with 4067 viewsdaveB

Wasn't Joe Walsh the chosen one to take over? That injury he got when every goalkeeper got injured was a big blow for him, could have established himself as the next choice
Asmir Begovic on 11:00 - Jul 13 with 3945 viewsCateLeBonR

Asmir Begovic on 10:28 - Jul 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Splitting hairs a bit there. It rolls but you could argue it 'resets' every year with the current year replacing the one four years ago.
This season is the big one to get through really.

Just clarifying really. I agree with everything else 👍🏻

I guess another thing to factor in is the new TV deal which I think comes in next season.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 11:06]
Asmir Begovic on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 3916 viewsHerzog

Asmir Begovic on 10:36 - Jul 13 by daveB

Wasn't Joe Walsh the chosen one to take over? That injury he got when every goalkeeper got injured was a big blow for him, could have established himself as the next choice

I thought this, as well. And he hasn't really been given a chance at all, has he? I thought he was really highly rated. I don't get it.
Asmir Begovic on 21:42 - Jul 13 with 3135 viewsTopCat34

Cut out the middle man with the long balls

Asmir Begovic on 21:56 - Jul 13 with 3064 viewsLblock

Asmir Begovic on 09:53 - Jul 13 by TheChef

Why Airwolf?

Because the real passion of his is his helicopter licence???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Asmir Begovic on 07:47 - Jul 14 with 2566 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Asmir Begovic on 10:01 - Jul 13 by stantheman10

Are you still bleating on about Ferdinand? He's gone. You need to find someone new to moan about because frankly you're boring

Yes, because no one on here moans about Redknapp or *checks forum* Bosingwa.
Asmir Begovic on 11:55 - Jul 14 with 2319 viewsDavieQPR

Nobody worried that he has only played 17 games in the last three seasons?
Asmir Begovic on 12:27 - Jul 14 with 2197 viewsDaBurgh

Asmir Begovic on 11:55 - Jul 14 by DavieQPR

Nobody worried that he has only played 17 games in the last three seasons?

I guess it's preferable to the 15 games over 4 season's for Jordan Archer.
Asmir Begovic on 12:39 - Jul 14 with 2115 viewsPunteR

Have we signed him yet?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Asmir Begovic on 12:44 - Jul 14 with 2096 viewsBklynRanger

Asmir Begovic on 12:39 - Jul 14 by PunteR

Have we signed him yet?

Or anyone? New blood required - heading, kicking, catching ability a bonus.
Asmir Begovic on 16:07 - Jul 14 with 1775 viewsQPunkR

Asmir Begovic on 12:44 - Jul 14 by BklynRanger

Or anyone? New blood required - heading, kicking, catching ability a bonus.

I can do some (one) of those..

QPR - "shit but local"

Asmir Begovic on 16:15 - Jul 14 with 1713 viewsHooping_Mad

Asmir Begovic on 10:01 - Jul 13 by stantheman10

He's also not wrong, mute point?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024