Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "did he really play for us" thread 09:22 - Jul 2 with 11666 viewsHayesender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohan_Ricketts?wprov=sfla1

I have absolutely no recollection of Rohan Ricketts ever playing for us!

Reckon there's probably quite a few over the last 20 odd years that have been just as forgetful

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The "did he really play for us" thread on 16:26 - Jul 4 with 958 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 16:32 - Jul 4 with 951 viewsstantheman10

Marco Ramkilde
The "did he really play for us" thread on 16:36 - Jul 4 with 933 viewsDWQPR

The "did he really play for us" thread on 13:04 - Jul 3 by PhilmyRs

Chris Woods? 1990s goalkeeper? Sure I saw him in a squad photo once, although not sure if he played a game.

Signed by Tommy Doc for our first season back in Division Two in 1979. Effectively the replacement for Phil Parkes who had left for West Ham in the previous February. Derek Richardson who played for the remainder of that relegation season just wasn’t up to. Woods made his name as the Forest keeper in the ‘79 League Cup final replacing the injured Peter Shilton and had a starring role in Forest winning the cup. When we signed him for £250,000 we thought that we had really got the next Phil Parkes. Sadly his early hype and performances for Forest weren’t replicated and when Venables came in, he soon brought in Burridge to replace him. Can’t remember who we shifted him onto but in the end had an excellent career.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The "did he really play for us" thread on 17:01 - Jul 4 with 894 viewsaston_hoop

Sammy Youssouf
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 17:02]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The "did he really play for us" thread on 08:23 - Jul 5 with 737 viewstoboboly

Dániel Tõzsér
Nasser El Khayati
Gabriele Angella
Petter Vaagen Moen

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:11 - Jul 5 with 706 viewsstevec

Richard Keogh
The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:37 - Jul 5 with 693 viewspaulhoop2

Paul Bruce / Mark Perry
Christer Warren
Karl Connolly
Sammy Koejoe

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:51 - Jul 5 with 670 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 08:23 - Jul 5 by toboboly

Dániel Tõzsér
Nasser El Khayati
Gabriele Angella
Petter Vaagen Moen

I went on a long run with an Rs mate (also very knowledgeable on non-league) a few years ago probably during lockdown. I was saying I saw a QPR XI play at Enfield Town one pre-season and we had two players on the pitch who had World Cup qualifying experience for their countries and we still lost. One of the players was Samba and the other was a Hungarian I couldn’t remember. His name bugged me all run. I remembered it sounded a bit rude - Ballsack or Balszac? My mate finding it quite amusing said he wasn’t aware of a Ballsack playing for QPR. I messaged him later that evening. Not Ballsack but Tosser. Daniel Tõzsér. And that cleared that one up.
Login to get fewer ads

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:01 - Jul 5 with 648 viewstoboboly

The "did he really play for us" thread on 09:51 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

I went on a long run with an Rs mate (also very knowledgeable on non-league) a few years ago probably during lockdown. I was saying I saw a QPR XI play at Enfield Town one pre-season and we had two players on the pitch who had World Cup qualifying experience for their countries and we still lost. One of the players was Samba and the other was a Hungarian I couldn’t remember. His name bugged me all run. I remembered it sounded a bit rude - Ballsack or Balszac? My mate finding it quite amusing said he wasn’t aware of a Ballsack playing for QPR. I messaged him later that evening. Not Ballsack but Tosser. Daniel Tõzsér. And that cleared that one up.

Hahahahahaha.

I took my father in law to that. Lumley was really vocal I seem to remember but the rest of them were all pretty meh.

Rather than Samba do you mean Hoilett?

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:09 - Jul 5 with 643 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:01 - Jul 5 by toboboly

Hahahahahaha.

I took my father in law to that. Lumley was really vocal I seem to remember but the rest of them were all pretty meh.

Rather than Samba do you mean Hoilett?

I’m pretty sure Samba played tho I could be wrong. So if Hoilett was there too it would make 3 World Cup players! To be fair when Ballsack - sorry Toszer came on as a sub he looked a class above effortlessly pinging the ball around the pitch from centre-mid. I didn’t recognise him and was hoping he was a Trialist we were about to sign.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:24 - Jul 5 with 625 viewstoboboly

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:09 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

I’m pretty sure Samba played tho I could be wrong. So if Hoilett was there too it would make 3 World Cup players! To be fair when Ballsack - sorry Toszer came on as a sub he looked a class above effortlessly pinging the ball around the pitch from centre-mid. I didn’t recognise him and was hoping he was a Trialist we were about to sign.

Ah, we both got our wires crossed, it was Sandro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.fansfocus.com/topic/192634-town-v-qpr-u21s-match-fred/

No Hoilett but a young Manning on the bench.

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:30 - Jul 5 with 616 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:24 - Jul 5 by toboboly

Ah, we both got our wires crossed, it was Sandro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.fansfocus.com/topic/192634-town-v-qpr-u21s-match-fred/

No Hoilett but a young Manning on the bench.

Haha. I did know who I meant and pictured him in my mind I just always call him Samba (Brazilian music) instead of Sandro (Brazilian knee-injury). File under Ballsack-Tosser syndrome.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:32 - Jul 5 with 611 viewstoboboly

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:30 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

Haha. I did know who I meant and pictured him in my mind I just always call him Samba (Brazilian music) instead of Sandro (Brazilian knee-injury). File under Ballsack-Tosser syndrome.

Thought you meant big Chris!

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:37 - Jul 5 with 604 viewsterryb

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:32 - Jul 5 by toboboly

So did I!

Thinking about it though, Samba wasn't at the club for any pre season!
The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:46 - Jul 5 with 592 viewstoboboly

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:37 - Jul 5 by terryb

So did I!

Thinking about it though, Samba wasn't at the club for any pre season!

Just the buffet

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:47 - Jul 5 with 591 viewsDannyPaddox

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:32 - Jul 5 by toboboly

They would’ve had to float him up the Lea Valley Navigation system, turn him around at Enfield Lock and airlift him to the ground. In reality he’d been gone four years already by then.

I see Trävëlmän was in the starting line-up. There’s another World Cup star. He must have gone on to play in qualifiers for the Finns.
The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:56 - Jul 5 with 578 viewstoboboly

The "did he really play for us" thread on 10:47 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

They would’ve had to float him up the Lea Valley Navigation system, turn him around at Enfield Lock and airlift him to the ground. In reality he’d been gone four years already by then.

I see Trävëlmän was in the starting line-up. There’s another World Cup star. He must have gone on to play in qualifiers for the Finns.

According to travelmans Wiki he first played for Finland in 2019 and for the last World Cup he played in some of the qualifiers

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024