Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Smyth...... 10:36 - Jun 22 with 45346 viewsDoudou87

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-interested-in-bringing-back-former

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Paul Smyth...... on 21:28 - Jun 27 with 5089 viewsTK1

Paul Smyth...... on 20:15 - Jun 27 by joe90

Just because I don’t share everyone’s enthusiasm it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the situation we’re in.

No idea about what our budget actually is or how much players are worth, but a player like Wimbledon’s Al-Hamadi would interest me much more. 10 goals and 1 assist in 19 appearances for a struggling Wimbledon side. Must have something about him.

With Smyth, I don’t see how he’ll fit in to GA’s plan, that’s based on what I saw last season. That doesn’t mean GA doesn’t have a plan or that he won’t fit into it, I just don’t see it yet.

As I said, I’ll be supporting the players and manger 100%. It’s looking like it will be a difficult season, I just hope our football isn’t as negative as what we saw at the end of last season.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 20:52]

Reckon there's a good chance Al-Hamadi comes in too (though less chance that he's as ready for the step up as Smyth just yet). This quote from him about Ainsworth in March is a bit of clue:
“He has been top class ever since I left. He does things that people will never know, like ringing me to check up to see how I have settled in. He texted after I scored my first goal, to congratulate me. Him and his assistant Richard Dobson are top, top guys in football. They deserve success.”

He's definitely on GA's list.
Paul Smyth...... on 21:38 - Jun 27 with 4968 viewsMick_S

Paul Smyth...... on 21:19 - Jun 27 by Superhoop83

We can't judge Ainsworth on the end of last season as he inherited a complete and utter sh*t show and some of the players in that squad will haunt me for years to come.

Dykes extending his contract and Smyth re-joining is good news as they both care and give their all on the pitch and we need to give Ainsworth a fair crack of the whip. Who knows, we might even be pleasantly surprised...

That’s how I see it. Let’s just wait and see. Of course it’s a guess, there’s more to happen, but it might just be ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Paul Smyth...... on 22:31 - Jun 27 with 4714 viewsVancouverHoop

Paul Smyth...... on 20:03 - Jun 27 by FDC

Ainsworth talks about him primarily playing wide right in that piece. I guess he's a forward in the old fashioned sense

He played mainly down the left for Orient, and for us IIRC.
Paul Smyth...... on 09:36 - Jun 28 with 4279 viewsCamberleyR

He'd only played 20 games in the Northern Irish league when we originally signed him. He's now played over 170 games in his career so you'd hope he's a more complete player than first time around. First half of last season for LO he was on fire.

Welcome back Paul, hope you tear it up.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 9:49]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Paul Smyth...... on 11:41 - Jun 28 with 4132 viewsconnell10

I really liked him when he was first with us , got me off my seat! I couldn't see why he wasn't given more of chance . Am I glad he is back yes , and I think it could work out well for us.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paul Smyth...... on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 3954 viewsQPROslo

Paul Smyth...... on 11:41 - Jun 28 by connell10

I really liked him when he was first with us , got me off my seat! I couldn't see why he wasn't given more of chance . Am I glad he is back yes , and I think it could work out well for us.

I remember 1 or 2 games when he did well but more where I hardly noticed he was playing, and was subbed quite a lot. But that was years ago, memories fade and I can only hope he is a lot better now. Being a free signing and rumoured to be low cost, we aren't going to lose too much anyway.
Paul Smyth...... on 21:17 - Jun 28 with 3775 viewsdmm

He liked scoring wowsers at Orient

Paul Smyth...... on 00:44 - Jun 29 with 3651 viewsPunteR

He's gonna be injured a lot.
.if he hadn't already played for us and have some sort of connection with the fans this would be viewed as a shit signing..
Might work out though aye..?
I bet he can't believe his luck. .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Smyth...... on 01:15 - Jun 29 with 3633 viewstraininvain

Paul Smyth...... on 00:44 - Jun 29 by PunteR

He's gonna be injured a lot.
.if he hadn't already played for us and have some sort of connection with the fans this would be viewed as a shit signing..
Might work out though aye..?
I bet he can't believe his luck. .

Aren’t we paying him less than he was offered to stay at Orient?

I’m a bit non plussed by this signing but he’s hardly won the lottery joining us!
Paul Smyth...... on 07:04 - Jun 29 with 3556 viewsPunteR

Paul Smyth...... on 01:15 - Jun 29 by traininvain

Aren’t we paying him less than he was offered to stay at Orient?

I’m a bit non plussed by this signing but he’s hardly won the lottery joining us!

No idea about the finances. I was talking more about his jump up from L1 to Championship and back to a club that got rid of him in the first place. If it wasnt for the fact we have zero money would he be coming back?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paul Smyth...... on 16:00 - Jun 29 with 3334 viewsVancouverHoop

Couple of comments on Smyth from non-QPR fans:

"He’s the little forward who was at Accrington or Fleetwood a couple of years back isn’t he? He was the best player I saw play live that season. Though that’s not saying a lot. I hope it works out for him as he certainly looked capable of a lot higher standard than L1/D3." (Sunderland supporter)

From a long-time Orient supporter...

"Paul Smyth is a hugely exciting player, yeah, and we're gutted to lose him. I can't recall any other Orient player who scored so many stunning goals as a portion of their overall tally (around 75% of his goals were what the yoof call worldies). Not that prolific mind, best used as a wide player in a front three.

Best of luck to the Belfast Messi anyway."
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 16:05]
Paul Smyth...... on 20:25 - Jun 29 with 3227 viewsnumptydumpty

Paul Smyth...... on 21:17 - Jun 28 by dmm

He liked scoring wowsers at Orient

Impressed

Clearly got talent

Hopefully this can be found at our slightly higher level

Two ways this could go !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Paul Smyth...... on 23:11 - Jun 30 with 3019 viewsDylanP

Disagree with the criticism that Smyth is too lightweight/small. We have a big lumbering bruiser in Dykes. Its not like that worked out too well last year. A small quick striker to pair with him may just be the perfect compliment -- bring out the best in both of them.It may not, but I'm hoping that it works out as a stroke of genius.

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRsss!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Paul Smyth...... on 01:55 - Jul 1 with 2881 viewsstainrods_elbow

The obvious competition is with Willock - there's no way GA will, or can, play them both together, as far as I can see. I'm wondering if that means Chrissy is on his way, which will be a sad day if true.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 17:59]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Paul Smyth...... on 04:05 - Jul 1 with 2884 viewsnumptydumpty

Paul Smyth...... on 01:55 - Jul 1 by stainrods_elbow

The obvious competition is with Willock - there's no way GA will, or can, play them both together, as far as I can see. I'm wondering if that means Chrissy is on his way, which will be a sad day if true.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 17:59]

Willock needs regain his mojo before we sell him as could double or even triple his current resale value.

I hope he get back to where he was, but lot of hard yards required but the dip in form last year was catastrophic.

From being Adel like to playing like a man that enjoys having a rest whilst out in the fresh air.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:54 - Jul 19 with 2451 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Paul Smyth...... on 16:06 - Jul 19 with 2313 viewspeejaybee

I agree.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Paul Smyth...... on 17:01 - Jul 19 with 2066 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paul Smyth...... on 07:04 - Jun 29 by PunteR

No idea about the finances. I was talking more about his jump up from L1 to Championship and back to a club that got rid of him in the first place. If it wasnt for the fact we have zero money would he be coming back?

Not sure why this was downvoted - it's a genuine question.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Smyth...... on 17:10 - Jul 19 with 2011 viewsMonkey_Roots

Paul Smyth...... on 17:01 - Jul 19 by BrianMcCarthy

E15 is so positive, its made him negative.
Paul Smyth...... on 17:54 - Jul 19 with 1875 viewsBklynRanger

Paul Smyth...... on 17:10 - Jul 19 by Monkey_Roots

Gone full circle. The worm that turned.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:55 - Jul 19 with 1871 viewsaston_hoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:54 - Jul 19 by RangersDave

Yeah I've not got much to say about him either at the moment. Didn't even get to see his cameo at the weekend.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paul Smyth...... on 16:56 - Jul 20 with 1504 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 17:10 - Jul 19 by Monkey_Roots

Somewhat harsh, I would respectfully suggest.
Nice to see that people are prepared to be objective and look at the evidence on its own merits, rather than be coloured by who they see posting various items.
I thought we'd cleared this up before, MR, but obviously not..
Paul Smyth...... on 17:06 - Jul 20 with 1440 viewsBoston

Anyone who can tumble and do backwards somersaults is welcome to join the circus.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paul Smyth...... on 17:06 - Jul 20 with 1440 viewsE15Hoop

Paul Smyth...... on 17:01 - Jul 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Since my name has been pulled back into this discussion, I might as well come back on it directly.
Have a look at how he performed last season at Orient - some superb goals, plenty of evidence on YouTube, and some has already been posted earlier in this thread already.
He was bright on Staurday against Steyr and put in plenty of telling crosses which should have been converted.
Was unlucky to have been let go by us in the first place, and has been brought in to add pace and quality. having cost us the sum total of f*ck all, I can't really see how there's anything to moan about here - unless you're determined to moan come what may, that is.
And if you're focussing on past injuries, than by that same random logic, Man United should never have signed van Nistelrooy, given that he did his ACL when they were trying to sign him first time, and that turned out REALLY sh*t, didn't it?!
Paul Smyth...... on 17:45 - Jul 20 with 1344 viewsLazyFan

He was not unlucky to be let go by us.
He was injured way too much. Even at Orient, he was injured too much. Only end of las season did he stay fit and showed what a quality player he is.

Sure, he is a quality talented player, too good for L2 and possibly L1. Can he play in the Champ regular? Hopefully, we shall find out. Can he play like he did in L2? Let us hope so.

He is a good player, but can he stay fit. If so, then yes we have a good player on our hands here. Big IF though. But that's the market we are in.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024