Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That feeling that we are going down… 09:53 - Feb 13 with 16318 viewsRs_Holy

I’m usually reasonably optimistic when it comes to all things QPR. I usually believe that if things are not going to plan we will get out of trouble… something will click and the team will get the wins it needs… the players will pull up their socks, puff their chests out and guts out some performances.
But there have been points in seasons past when I knew we were going down… A horrible, horrible feeling when you just know it is inevitable.
1996 was a season when I believed we would get out of trouble, right up until Eoin Jess scored his one and only goal for Coventry. A game we should have won, but the footballing Gods were not on our side that day. At full time I knew the game was up and we were slipping out of the top flight.
2001 was a lot earlier in the season. At home to Fulham in March… a 2-0 defeat and our 2 best players (Carlisle and Langley) leaving the pitch with ACL’s. Carlisle’s looked really bad at the time, Langley’s looked a lot less serious but in my mind I was thinking he’s probably done for the season… and so are we.
2013 was home to Wigan and Shaun Maloney’s last, last kick of the game after Loic Remy’s fabulous goal a few minutes earlier.
The 2014-2015 season was way, way earlier… In fact, it was away to Spurs in August. Yes it was the 2nd game of the season. A 4-0 thrashing and the realisation that we didn’t have anywhere near enough to make a fist of staying in the top flight.
And so, to Saturday and the home defeat to Millwall… Its now 1 win in 16, we can’t keep a clean sheet (jeez there have been some comedy goals this season), and we are completely toothless up front. Add into the mix that our best player limped off the field having only been on for 7 minutes and I have come to the conclusion we are sinking slowly and painfully into League 1. The alarm bells were ringing at the start of the season when the clubs ‘quality’ striker/loan signing was Tyler Roberts (cue sarcastic text message from leeds supporting friend). But I hoped maybe Armstrong would start scoring a few, Chair would go up another notch and we would have a gem or 2 more in midfield. But nothing appears to have come off! The signings for a number of reasons just have not worked out. That horrible, horrible feeling is back, and made worse this season because it will be a long, slow death as we ever so gradually get dragged into trouble. Sorry I can’t be more optimistic, roll on next season.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:56]
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:03 - Apr 17 with 1979 viewskomradkirk

I haven't felt comfortable about staying up for a long time, maybe even since we fluked our 5 minutes at the top of the league. Worst squad of footballers assembled for eons with a horrible work ethic and no tactical awareness.
The fans don't deserve the relegation but everything else around the place stinks of failure.
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:08 - Apr 17 with 1928 viewsLblock

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:24 - Apr 17 by E17hoop

I'm pretty optimistic like the OP and the ONLY thing that I'm clinging onto is that we're not bottom 3. As long as we're not there's hope. If we fall into the relegation spots, we're done.

I'd imagine at 11 minutes past 8pm on Wednesday night we'll be nestled in there nicely and I agree with you.... there we will stay.

Clearly relegation is a big fear.
However it's what comes next that concerns me the most.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Apr 17 with 1899 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:41 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

Others have said it but we need an attacking line-up on Wednesday. Got to go at them and score goals, particularly with their defensive problems. Going 1-0 down has meant defeat in so many games on this run. If he plays Dunne/Albert on the right-hand side and Dozzell in a midfield two, I'm done. Balogun's injury should mean Dunne moves back to the centre but Ainsworth has got to show some faith in those who have flattered to deceive - Laird, Richards, Willock, etc.

It all seems totally pointless WS.... Maybe sit the players down today and tomorrow and make them watch the last hour of the WBA game over and over and over again in the vain hope that it instills a tiny bit of confidence that they can play as a team and create chances? As mentioned I think we're totally gone but where there is life etc!
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:17 - Apr 17 with 1897 viewsHunterhoop

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:08 - Apr 17 by Lblock

I'd imagine at 11 minutes past 8pm on Wednesday night we'll be nestled in there nicely and I agree with you.... there we will stay.

Well, no FFP in League 1. You can financially dope. With no DoF and/or CEO, just wait to see who the ownership brings in! TF getting FIFA out of the cupboard as we speak given it’s integral role in our interview process.

Either that or they pull the plug.
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:20 - Apr 17 with 1867 viewstoboboly

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:17 - Apr 17 by Hunterhoop

Well, no FFP in League 1. You can financially dope. With no DoF and/or CEO, just wait to see who the ownership brings in! TF getting FIFA out of the cupboard as we speak given it’s integral role in our interview process.

Our problem has always been that TF's version of FIFA has been 5 years out of date.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:24 - Apr 17 with 1854 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:20 - Apr 17 by toboboly

Our problem has always been that TF's version of FIFA has been 5 years out of date.

...maybe it still has Remy in the side?
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:39 - Apr 17 with 1808 viewsdaveB

That feeling that we are going down… on 07:41 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

Others have said it but we need an attacking line-up on Wednesday. Got to go at them and score goals, particularly with their defensive problems. Going 1-0 down has meant defeat in so many games on this run. If he plays Dunne/Albert on the right-hand side and Dozzell in a midfield two, I'm done. Balogun's injury should mean Dunne moves back to the centre but Ainsworth has got to show some faith in those who have flattered to deceive - Laird, Richards, Willock, etc.

If he plays those flair players he has to let them play to their strengths rather than lump it forward and play them as out and out wingers. Also needs pace up front, Armstrong has to start if he's fit
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:40 - Apr 17 with 1806 viewsE17hoop

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:08 - Apr 17 by Lblock

During games all teams fluctuate - it's after the game that matters. I don't care if we fall into the bottom 3 as long as we're not there at the final whistle.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Login to get fewer ads

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:42 - Apr 17 with 1795 viewsAndybrat

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Apr 17 by Rs_Holy

It all seems totally pointless WS.... Maybe sit the players down today and tomorrow and make them watch the last hour of the WBA game over and over and over again in the vain hope that it instills a tiny bit of confidence that they can play as a team and create chances? As mentioned I think we're totally gone but where there is life etc!

Agree with posted about attack on Wednesday. Though would only play Lyndon as only striker with a bunch of number 10s around him except Chris Willock ( and I hate to say that). Chair, Richards, Roberts, or Lowe. Sam Field and someone else with legs behind them. Feel like we need to win as opposed to not lose, which I am confident we will do. See u Wednesday night guys
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:42 - Apr 17 with 1794 viewsBluce_Ree

For me it's the way we're going down. Like no team has the divine right to stay up and football works in cycles mostly so if it's our turn to go down, it is what it is. There are 24 teams in this league all trying to win, trying to develop players, trying to find the right manager, the right players, the right prospects.

Not everyone gets to survive and with us still a bit hobbled by everything that's gone on before, I'm not surprised we're at the wrong end of the table.

But for me, it's the way we're going down. It's worse than 95-96 (my first season ticket). It's worse than dropping out of the Championship around the millenium. I don't even count getting relegated from the Prem as what the fk are we thinking, ever being in the Prem?

But this, this season is especially shit because it feels like a lack of everything. Skill, effort, character. It's ruining my weekends a bit and this lot don't deserve to have that power over me. It's honestly like we've got 11 SWPs running around every match. That's how little I respect them as players, professionals and men.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:50 - Apr 17 with 1769 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:42 - Apr 17 by Bluce_Ree

For me it's the way we're going down. Like no team has the divine right to stay up and football works in cycles mostly so if it's our turn to go down, it is what it is. There are 24 teams in this league all trying to win, trying to develop players, trying to find the right manager, the right players, the right prospects.

Not everyone gets to survive and with us still a bit hobbled by everything that's gone on before, I'm not surprised we're at the wrong end of the table.

But for me, it's the way we're going down. It's worse than 95-96 (my first season ticket). It's worse than dropping out of the Championship around the millenium. I don't even count getting relegated from the Prem as what the fk are we thinking, ever being in the Prem?

But this, this season is especially shit because it feels like a lack of everything. Skill, effort, character. It's ruining my weekends a bit and this lot don't deserve to have that power over me. It's honestly like we've got 11 SWPs running around every match. That's how little I respect them as players, professionals and men.

'It's honestly like we've got 11 SWPs running around every match'...
Cheers Bluce, that made me laugh out loud in the office :) ... Wonder if ShotKnees would agree with you???
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:51 - Apr 17 with 1754 viewsHayesender

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:17 - Apr 17 by Hunterhoop

I think they will pull the plug. I've no idea what their long term vision was when they got involved with us, a club most of them had probably never even heard of, but I'm pretty sure that vision didn't extend to 3rd division football and days out at Exeter and Accrington.

What a fcking mess!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:17 - Apr 17 with 1691 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:39 - Apr 17 by daveB

If he plays those flair players he has to let them play to their strengths rather than lump it forward and play them as out and out wingers. Also needs pace up front, Armstrong has to start if he's fit

Completely agree. We just can't sit there hoping to keep it tight because come 5/8/10 minutes we'll be a goal down and that'll be that.
That feeling that we are going down… on 09:26 - Apr 17 with 1658 viewskropotkin41

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:51 - Apr 17 by Hayesender

I think they will pull the plug. I've no idea what their long term vision was when they got involved with us, a club most of them had probably never even heard of, but I'm pretty sure that vision didn't extend to 3rd division football and days out at Exeter and Accrington.

What a fcking mess!

I'm sure they didn't envisage 3rd tier football. I wonder what, if anything, any of them have learned. Nonetheless, do they have a clear path to pulling the plug? Do you think they'd just wind the club up and sell the assets? Finding a buyer for the club as sone sort of going concern seems unlikely. I feel like they're as stuck as we all are. I'm hoping they'll learn some humility and appoint someone switched on and capable to actually run the club and they'll have absolutely nothing to do with the day to day after that. Slim hope, I suppose, but Clive has recently pointed to successful models we could perhaps follow after a clear out and a good appointment.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:35 - Apr 17 with 1617 viewsdavman

Everyone looking to going down as the worst case scenario, but does anyone actually think we can pull together a Championship ready team by August with what we will have left at the club if we stay up? No DOF or CEO is likely, the inevitable fires sale might raise the £10m we need to plug the gap, but the budget will be zero and the wage cut required will still be a few million.

I honestly think if we do stay up, next season will be two half seasons like our run since January. Not sure I fancy staying in this division winning 4-5 games next season.

I don't wanna go down, but best case is that they take the chance to reset, get rid of anyone and everyone, employ a competent DOF and Chief Scout and buy a squad of youngsters who will take small wages and develop.

Absolutely crap supporting this lot, isn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:56 - Apr 17 with 1572 viewsthemodfather

one hope is nrowich switch off as players are told they are not staying, their agents look for new clubs, manager wants to rest or try squad players.....the hope is we catch em cold. there it is again, the hope. as they are mid table doing nowt.
That feeling that we are going down… on 10:07 - Apr 17 with 1555 viewsCamberleyR

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:35 - Apr 17 by davman

Everyone looking to going down as the worst case scenario, but does anyone actually think we can pull together a Championship ready team by August with what we will have left at the club if we stay up? No DOF or CEO is likely, the inevitable fires sale might raise the £10m we need to plug the gap, but the budget will be zero and the wage cut required will still be a few million.

I honestly think if we do stay up, next season will be two half seasons like our run since January. Not sure I fancy staying in this division winning 4-5 games next season.

I don't wanna go down, but best case is that they take the chance to reset, get rid of anyone and everyone, employ a competent DOF and Chief Scout and buy a squad of youngsters who will take small wages and develop.

Absolutely crap supporting this lot, isn't it?

I feel like we're now in the position Ipswich were when they got relegated four years ago. They cleared out big earners and reset, had three seasons taking their medicine treading water in mid table L1.

They're now flying. Scored 85 goals in 41 games with a young team of players that could play at a higher level and if promoted it wouldn't surprise me to see them do in the Championship what Sunderland have done this year. Could we take four seasons in L1 though?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:29 - Apr 17 with 1490 viewsRanger_1969

Despite everything, I still have a feeling that even if we lose the next 3 - we could still stay up on the last day of the season with a win v Bristol City. Not saying we will mind, but other fixtures on the final day (eg Huddersfield v Reading, Burnley v Cardiff) might just give us one final chance.

1999 anyone?........
That feeling that we are going down… on 11:15 - Apr 17 with 1380 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:29 - Apr 17 by Ranger_1969

Despite everything, I still have a feeling that even if we lose the next 3 - we could still stay up on the last day of the season with a win v Bristol City. Not saying we will mind, but other fixtures on the final day (eg Huddersfield v Reading, Burnley v Cardiff) might just give us one final chance.

1999 anyone?........

this is the nightmare scenario for me.... David F-ing Prutton, and Andy Hinchcliffe getting all "Ooooh isn't it exciting the fight for survival in the Championship"... Balloons, flags, fancy dress, fireworks at Loftus Road....
then Bristols Titty score in the first 20 seconds of play... 3-0 down by half time... Dunne starts a fight with Dickie and they both get sent off... Lower Loft unfurl a huge banner stating 'SHOW A BIT OF PRIDE FOR F*** SAKE' .... final Whistle...fans on the pitch fighting with riot police.... Prutton and Hinchliffe lay into the fanbase for driving out the owners.... the cherry on the icing of a huge turd cake of a season.
That feeling that we are going down… on 11:19 - Apr 17 with 1372 viewsTheChef

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:15 - Apr 17 by Rs_Holy

this is the nightmare scenario for me.... David F-ing Prutton, and Andy Hinchcliffe getting all "Ooooh isn't it exciting the fight for survival in the Championship"... Balloons, flags, fancy dress, fireworks at Loftus Road....
then Bristols Titty score in the first 20 seconds of play... 3-0 down by half time... Dunne starts a fight with Dickie and they both get sent off... Lower Loft unfurl a huge banner stating 'SHOW A BIT OF PRIDE FOR F*** SAKE' .... final Whistle...fans on the pitch fighting with riot police.... Prutton and Hinchliffe lay into the fanbase for driving out the owners.... the cherry on the icing of a huge turd cake of a season.

Sounds about right

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:23 - Apr 17 with 1355 viewsSonofpugwash

I think a strongly worded letter to The Times may be in order.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:25 - Apr 17 with 1350 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:15 - Apr 17 by Rs_Holy

Les escaping in his helicopter with Hoos and Ramsey like Saigon in 1975.
That feeling that we are going down… on 11:51 - Apr 17 with 1274 viewsdaveB

That feeling that we are going down… on 10:07 - Apr 17 by CamberleyR

I feel like we're now in the position Ipswich were when they got relegated four years ago. They cleared out big earners and reset, had three seasons taking their medicine treading water in mid table L1.

They're now flying. Scored 85 goals in 41 games with a young team of players that could play at a higher level and if promoted it wouldn't surprise me to see them do in the Championship what Sunderland have done this year. Could we take four seasons in L1 though?

They have had new owners since and a lot of money coming into the club
That feeling that we are going down… on 12:13 - Apr 17 with 1186 viewsWadR

For the first time, we're seen as favourites for the last relegation spot by one of the more reputable projections

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:38 - Apr 17 with 1063 viewsstantheman10

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:56 - Apr 17 by themodfather

one hope is nrowich switch off as players are told they are not staying, their agents look for new clubs, manager wants to rest or try squad players.....the hope is we catch em cold. there it is again, the hope. as they are mid table doing nowt.

Good luck with that Norwich are only 2 points off the ply offs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024