Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drakeford 18:44 - Oct 18 with 19785 viewsGwyn737

Fair play 👏

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-63303690
Drakeford on 18:48 - Oct 18 with 4099 viewsKilkennyjack

Our welsh JFK bossing it in the Senedd.

Beware of the Risen People

Drakeford on 18:49 - Oct 18 with 4099 viewspencoedjack

He’s an embarrassment.

Obviously upset at having the worst waiting times in the U.K. under his governance.
Drakeford on 18:53 - Oct 18 with 4090 viewsGwyn737

Drakeford on 18:49 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

He’s an embarrassment.

Obviously upset at having the worst waiting times in the U.K. under his governance.

Tbf Penc that’s the first positive post I’ve ever made about Drakeford of the Senedd.

Good to see a bit of emotion from I’m IMO.
Drakeford on 19:04 - Oct 18 with 4082 viewsbuilthjack

RT Davies. Even his own brother calls him a doley in smart attire, because he has never done a days work on the family farm. That says it all about him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Drakeford on 19:10 - Oct 18 with 4072 viewsKilkennyjack

Drakeford on 19:04 - Oct 18 by builthjack

RT Davies. Even his own brother calls him a doley in smart attire, because he has never done a days work on the family farm. That says it all about him.

Apparantly RT must stand for ‘Real Tw@t’ ……

Drakeford on 19:34 - Oct 18 with 4046 viewsLohengrin

Drakeford on 18:53 - Oct 18 by Gwyn737

Tbf Penc that’s the first positive post I’ve ever made about Drakeford of the Senedd.

Good to see a bit of emotion from I’m IMO.

I hate to spoil it for you Gwyn but that’s what they call on party speaker courses ‘performative diversion.’ It’s a forty minute module.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Drakeford on 19:39 - Oct 18 with 4036 viewsBoundy

Drakeford on 19:34 - Oct 18 by Lohengrin

I hate to spoil it for you Gwyn but that’s what they call on party speaker courses ‘performative diversion.’ It’s a forty minute module.

It's what happens when you back someone into a corner who has no rational defence ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drakeford on 19:44 - Oct 18 with 4027 viewsGwyn737

Fully aware of my bias, Loh. 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Drakeford on 19:56 - Oct 18 with 4017 viewsmax936

I thought he was gonna march over to him and wag his finger at him

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Drakeford on 20:20 - Oct 18 with 4001 viewsCountyJim

Well said Mark
Drakeford on 20:26 - Oct 18 with 3997 viewsBryanSwan

Drakeford on 18:49 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

He’s an embarrassment.

They might be the worst but they are all utterly shambolic, is there not anyone who gives a damn for the people of Wales or the UK and is willing to provide adequate ambulances services and healthcare?

I know first hand just how abysmal the ambulance wait times are and it is causing needless deaths.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Drakeford on 20:34 - Oct 18 with 3989 viewspencoedjack

Drakeford on 20:26 - Oct 18 by BryanSwan

They might be the worst but they are all utterly shambolic, is there not anyone who gives a damn for the people of Wales or the UK and is willing to provide adequate ambulances services and healthcare?

I know first hand just how abysmal the ambulance wait times are and it is causing needless deaths.

I don’t disagree.

The NHS needs a complete overhaul, I was in the POW Bridgend with my mum who is waiting for knee replacements the amount of people doing nothing is incredible.

No point throwing more money at it.
Drakeford on 21:38 - Oct 18 with 3949 viewsKilkennyjack

Drakeford on 20:34 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

I don’t disagree.

The NHS needs a complete overhaul, I was in the POW Bridgend with my mum who is waiting for knee replacements the amount of people doing nothing is incredible.

The uk government needs to allocate far more money on health and social care.

We can cancel Trident replacement and HS2 for a start.

Drakeford on 22:31 - Oct 18 with 3913 viewsDr_Winston

I haven't seen the tirade but I'm willing to bet that it was his usual deflection and whataboutery when it comes to Westminster. Anything to avoid answering questions about the state of things Welsh Labour have been responsible for for 20+ years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drakeford on 22:37 - Oct 18 with 3906 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford lost the plot totally. An unforgivable outbursts when asked a simple question why after 25 years of labour run NHS it is the worst performing NHS in the UK.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 22:53]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Drakeford on 22:41 - Oct 18 with 3895 viewsraynor94

RT took him to the cleaners, it was embarrassing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Drakeford on 22:56 - Oct 18 with 3863 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford on 21:38 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

The uk government needs to allocate far more money on health and social care.

We can cancel Trident replacement and HS2 for a start.

The NHS in Wales is run by the Senedd has been for the last 25 years. Have you not heard they have devolution in Wales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Drakeford on 22:58 - Oct 18 with 3853 viewsCatullus

Just because the tories are making a right mess of things, it doesn't mean Drakeford is doing good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Drakeford on 23:49 - Oct 18 with 3821 viewsBoundy

Drakeford on 22:58 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Just because the tories are making a right mess of things, it doesn't mean Drakeford is doing good.

He's just compounding the many problems this country has but denies or ignored any part which he's responsible for

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drakeford on 08:12 - Oct 19 with 3759 viewsBryanSwan

Drakeford on 20:34 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

I don’t disagree.

To be fair I've seen the staff from both Morriston and PoW this year and the work they are doing and most were rushed off their feet when I had gone in with family. Cannot fault the effort of any of the staff i saw, but there were not enoigh of them to cope with amount of patients.
At Morriston i had been told that a number of staff had left due to the stress and ever increasing workload.

The ambulances are the worst in my opinion, often multiple hour waiting times.

Something needs to be done, funding the studies of trainee nurses and doctors would be a start. The problem is we have never funded the NHS based on what what was needed and it has therefore deteriorated to such a point now where it'll be a massive job to fix.

Drakeford on 10:34 - Oct 19 with 3713 viewsmajorraglan

Drakeford on 08:12 - Oct 19 by BryanSwan

To be fair I've seen the staff from both Morriston and PoW this year and the work they are doing and most were rushed off their feet when I had gone in with family. Cannot fault the effort of any of the staff i saw, but there were not enoigh of them to cope with amount of patients.
At Morriston i had been told that a number of staff had left due to the stress and ever increasing workload.

The ambulances are the worst in my opinion, often multiple hour waiting times.

Something needs to be done, funding the studies of trainee nurses and doctors would be a start. The problem is we have never funded the NHS based on what what was needed and it has therefore deteriorated to such a point now where it'll be a massive job to fix.

From my personal experience and knowledge, I’d 100% agree with your observations. NHS staff have had a pretty torrid couple of years and there is no doubt they’re leaving in high numbers, some are stressed out, disillusioned and leaving the profession completely while others go to work for agencies.

In many places wards are under staffed and failing to achieve minimum staffing levels; staff are being “asked” or rostered to work additional hours (well beyond contractual agreements) just to keep things ticking over. When they can’t get staff, the NHS has to bring in agency workers who are on considerably more money - this impacts on the budget, means there’s less to be spent on other things etc etc and it becomes a vicious circle.

There is scope to improve efficiency and reduce waste, there always is in every company and organisation. The Conservative Government has pushed the waste doctrine for ages in an attempt to justify reducing the budget - they’ve been in power across the UK for the last 12 years if it was such an issue why haven’t they sorted it? It’s just like the criticism we’ve seen from some of the National newspapers and extreme right immediately after the budget, initially it was a great budget for growth, the Treasury have prevented growth, blame Gordon Brown, blame the Establishment blah blah blah whereas in reality the budget was a disaster, how can they blame Brown and his fiscal orthodox when they Conservatives have been in power 12years and had ample time to change things.

The UK has an increasing population and and ageing population. The population in England and Wales has grown by 3.5 million in 10 years, that’s a big number. How many new hospitals did Boris promise, 40 wasn't it? Well it seems like Boris’s definition of a new hospital isn’t what it says in the tin and we’re getting nothing like 40 new hospitals. Capacity is tight and being pressurised.

Wales has one of, if not the highest number of older people as a proportion of the population in the UK. It costs the NHS costs something like 7 times more to care for an 85 year old than a 50 year old, factor in poverty, factor in things like poverty and the costs soon mount up. A lot of treatments are becoming more expensive, drugs are more expensive and the budget only goes so far. Social care is a major issue, there a huge amount of bed blocking going on and patients who are fit to be discharged are stuck in hospital because there are no care packages in place. If we can’t get people out of hospital then the place grinds to a halt, no beds on a ward means patients can’t be transferred from A&E for continuing care which in turn means ambulances are stuck outside A&E.

An elderly relative of mine had a fall earlier this year and sustained a laceration which needed general surgery. She spent somewhere in the region of 20 hours sitting in a chair at A&E as there were no beds available anywhere, it was like a scene from a military field hospital. Staff were rushed off their feet and doing the best they could.

Wales pays nurses a bursary and the tuition fees on student nurses as long as they remain in the Welsh NHS for 2 years after graduating.

The NHS is struggling and we need to have a mature conversation about what we want from it and what we’re prepared to pay to get the services we want.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 11:00]
Drakeford on 10:44 - Oct 19 with 3708 viewsJack123

I must admit, I love seeing Drakeford squirm like that, just a shame the tory chap couldn't finish him off, as drakeford was completely losing it.

Someone should be held accountable for what's happening at the nhs though, going up to Morriston Hospital is a bit of an eye opener these days, 16 hour wait, people left for hours and hours in need of an ambulance, and this was happening pre covid, seen a few times around Swansea where an elderly person has fallen in the street in the morning, and still there in the evening..

libera nos a malo

Drakeford on 11:15 - Oct 19 with 3690 viewsBryanSwan

Drakeford on 10:34 - Oct 19 by majorraglan

From my personal experience and knowledge, I’d 100% agree with your observations. NHS staff have had a pretty torrid couple of years and there is no doubt they’re leaving in high numbers, some are stressed out, disillusioned and leaving the profession completely while others go to work for agencies.

In many places wards are under staffed and failing to achieve minimum staffing levels; staff are being “asked” or rostered to work additional hours (well beyond contractual agreements) just to keep things ticking over. When they can’t get staff, the NHS has to bring in agency workers who are on considerably more money - this impacts on the budget, means there’s less to be spent on other things etc etc and it becomes a vicious circle.

There is scope to improve efficiency and reduce waste, there always is in every company and organisation. The Conservative Government has pushed the waste doctrine for ages in an attempt to justify reducing the budget - they’ve been in power across the UK for the last 12 years if it was such an issue why haven’t they sorted it? It’s just like the criticism we’ve seen from some of the National newspapers and extreme right immediately after the budget, initially it was a great budget for growth, the Treasury have prevented growth, blame Gordon Brown, blame the Establishment blah blah blah whereas in reality the budget was a disaster, how can they blame Brown and his fiscal orthodox when they Conservatives have been in power 12years and had ample time to change things.

The UK has an increasing population and and ageing population. The population in England and Wales has grown by 3.5 million in 10 years, that’s a big number. How many new hospitals did Boris promise, 40 wasn't it? Well it seems like Boris’s definition of a new hospital isn’t what it says in the tin and we’re getting nothing like 40 new hospitals. Capacity is tight and being pressurised.

Wales has one of, if not the highest number of older people as a proportion of the population in the UK. It costs the NHS costs something like 7 times more to care for an 85 year old than a 50 year old, factor in poverty, factor in things like poverty and the costs soon mount up. A lot of treatments are becoming more expensive, drugs are more expensive and the budget only goes so far. Social care is a major issue, there a huge amount of bed blocking going on and patients who are fit to be discharged are stuck in hospital because there are no care packages in place. If we can’t get people out of hospital then the place grinds to a halt, no beds on a ward means patients can’t be transferred from A&E for continuing care which in turn means ambulances are stuck outside A&E.

An elderly relative of mine had a fall earlier this year and sustained a laceration which needed general surgery. She spent somewhere in the region of 20 hours sitting in a chair at A&E as there were no beds available anywhere, it was like a scene from a military field hospital. Staff were rushed off their feet and doing the best they could.

Wales pays nurses a bursary and the tuition fees on student nurses as long as they remain in the Welsh NHS for 2 years after graduating.

The NHS is struggling and we need to have a mature conversation about what we want from it and what we’re prepared to pay to get the services we want.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 11:00]

Agencies are not appropriate for everyday work with the NHS, speaking to a nurse last week they had 2 agency nurses for the week. Had to train them show where everything was etc and then they left. Costing a huge sum of money no doubt.
You're last point sums up the current right wing attitude, what are we willing to pay? Well a few that i know that have a bit of spare change go private and pay whatever is required. That appears to be what they want us all to be forced into doing.
If they tell people in a critical emergency your ambulance will be over an hour they'll drive the patient themselves.

It's not an easy fix but if anyone in power had the intention to it would've been done, unfortunately they don't care for anyone who uses the NHS as they themselves all have private health plans.

Drakeford on 12:43 - Oct 19 with 3655 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s three hours if you’re Drakeford

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Drakeford on 06:01 - Oct 20 with 3538 viewsKilkennyjack

Drakeford on 22:56 - Oct 18 by felixstowe_jack

The NHS in Wales is run by the Senedd has been for the last 25 years. Have you not heard they have devolution in Wales.

You will never understand Cymru as you see the people as ‘they’.

We who live in Cymru, see the people as ‘us’ and ‘we’.
All the people.
(Even that hard of thinkung idiot RT)

Making others ‘they’ is an old trick of Empire.

Its why your views are so often wide of the mark.
Do better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024