Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst film you've ever seen. 23:09 - Jul 18 with 26481 viewsqpr_1968

lake placid.....jesus, what a pile of shite.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:13 - Jul 19 with 1897 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:08 - Jul 19 by Tonto

I thought Frozen was bad. But jeesh, then they brought out Frozen 2.

Trouble is daughters seem to lap it up like they are on crack.

oh come on.
That's just personal taste, not how good or bad a film is. Forzen is demonstrably a marvellous film, and the second is not bad at all.
We need a second one with 'films you hated', which is a different category, surely?

Bare bones.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:21 - Jul 19 with 1852 viewsdmm

I've been racking my brain trying to think of an awful film I've seen, and I'm sure I've forgotten most. The one I do remember is the 2014 film, Boyhood. The idea of the project sounded great but it turned out to be an utterly tedious and boring film.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:29 - Jul 19 with 1836 viewsjohann28

Worst film you've ever seen. on 15:45 - Jul 19 by Esox_Lucius

Well, three pages gone and not one mention of Eyes Wide Shut. Not a single redeeming feature in the whole thing (I imagine as I have never managed to get past three short lived false starts) Awful, awful film.

Minor Kubrick maybe, but I'm afraid you're wrong here. It works only if its satirical, mischievous quality is appreciated; taken as a bizarre, hallucinatory black comic fable about married life, it's disturbingly convincing, particularly given the terrific performance by Sydney Pollack as a worldly, libertine party host. And it's very faithful to Arthur Schnitzler's novel (Traumnovelle), although it does lose one of the book's most important features: the implication that the hero and his wife are Jewish and without that we lose quite a lot, notably some of the socio-sexual aspect of this civilised couple's discontents: the sense of how close sexual rejection is to social exclusion, and the sense that 'high society' is like a thrillingly decadent party to which one is not invited.

But the key moment is, of course, that orgy amidst the plush of a country house, which Kubrick uses to suggest that sex is the "black mass" of human relationships - for all Dr and Mrs Harford's pinched and unhappy preoccupation with it, the only sex acts we see occurring are at the orgy, and the couple's final, emotional reconciliation posits an equivalence between actual sexual adventures and those fantasies undertaken in dreams, narratives of sexual transgression which can be simultaneously acknowledged and denied. It's pretty dark stuff, I admit, but don't trash it, please.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:38 - Jul 19 with 1820 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:21 - Jul 19 by dmm

I've been racking my brain trying to think of an awful film I've seen, and I'm sure I've forgotten most. The one I do remember is the 2014 film, Boyhood. The idea of the project sounded great but it turned out to be an utterly tedious and boring film.

I loved that film!

Just shows you how subjective these things can be.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:59 - Jul 19 with 1790 viewsTonto

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:13 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

oh come on.
That's just personal taste, not how good or bad a film is. Forzen is demonstrably a marvellous film, and the second is not bad at all.
We need a second one with 'films you hated', which is a different category, surely?

Sooo many plot holes I've got someone else to write them out...

https://www.ranker.com/list/frozen-plot-holes/charlie-boyle

Worst film ever until the sequel. I'm sticking with it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:02 - Jul 19 with 1783 viewsjohann28

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:38 - Jul 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I loved that film!

Just shows you how subjective these things can be.

Seconded. One of the truly great films of the 21st century so far, not least because it'll be much copied / emulated / quoted in far minor pieces
Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:04 - Jul 19 with 1783 viewsEsox_Lucius

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:10 - Jul 19 by johann28

There's probably a tad too much romance over realism, but you can see what he's trying to do - get a picture of 'the troubles' through the eyes of a 9-year old, and whilst it's certainly not the greatest thing ever made there's lots to enjoy.

Derry Girls does it better IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:05 - Jul 19 with 1782 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:59 - Jul 19 by Tonto

Sooo many plot holes I've got someone else to write them out...

https://www.ranker.com/list/frozen-plot-holes/charlie-boyle

Worst film ever until the sequel. I'm sticking with it.

Oof.
I have three words for you mate:

Let.
It.
Go.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:08 - Jul 19 with 1778 viewsEsox_Lucius

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:29 - Jul 19 by johann28

Minor Kubrick maybe, but I'm afraid you're wrong here. It works only if its satirical, mischievous quality is appreciated; taken as a bizarre, hallucinatory black comic fable about married life, it's disturbingly convincing, particularly given the terrific performance by Sydney Pollack as a worldly, libertine party host. And it's very faithful to Arthur Schnitzler's novel (Traumnovelle), although it does lose one of the book's most important features: the implication that the hero and his wife are Jewish and without that we lose quite a lot, notably some of the socio-sexual aspect of this civilised couple's discontents: the sense of how close sexual rejection is to social exclusion, and the sense that 'high society' is like a thrillingly decadent party to which one is not invited.

But the key moment is, of course, that orgy amidst the plush of a country house, which Kubrick uses to suggest that sex is the "black mass" of human relationships - for all Dr and Mrs Harford's pinched and unhappy preoccupation with it, the only sex acts we see occurring are at the orgy, and the couple's final, emotional reconciliation posits an equivalence between actual sexual adventures and those fantasies undertaken in dreams, narratives of sexual transgression which can be simultaneously acknowledged and denied. It's pretty dark stuff, I admit, but don't trash it, please.

I was responding in my capacity as a poster for my opinion on the worst film I've ever seen. Eyes Wide Shut is it by a distance. Pretentious, self indulgent testes.

The grass is always greener.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:13 - Jul 19 with 1772 viewsArcticHoop

I love Bruce Willis, but his latest 15-20 movies are just awful
Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:14 - Jul 19 with 1768 viewsTonto

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:05 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

Oof.
I have three words for you mate:

Let.
It.
Go.

Not the first time I've had that said to me. And no I won't.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:17 - Jul 19 with 1767 viewsitsbiga

'The Boys in Blue' with Cannon and Ball.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:18 - Jul 19 with 1755 viewsitsbiga

Worst film you've ever seen. on 06:42 - Jul 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Top Gun - a Tom Cruise film where Tom Cruise plays Tom Cruise cast in the role of Tom Cruise.

Bend it like Beckham - heavily cliched as evidenced by poor defending from QPR at a set piece.

That's every Tom Cruise movie.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:19 - Jul 19 with 1753 viewsGuppy

Remake of "The day the earth stood still" Michael Rennie would have let the earth kill itself if he had known they was going to make this dross
Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:20 - Jul 19 with 1746 viewstoboboly

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:13 - Jul 19 by ArcticHoop

I love Bruce Willis, but his latest 15-20 movies are just awful

Good call. Die Hard 5 is a fcuking abomination.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:39 - Jul 19 with 1712 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst film you've ever seen. on 16:21 - Jul 19 by dmm

Seconded.

It must kill actors to know they’ve wasted a year or too on a shite film but imagine throwing away your whole childhood!
Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:58 - Jul 19 with 1674 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Michael Caine: once said that (paraphrasing) "in order to maintain a high standard of living you must sometimes make a low standard of movie".

Or most times, in his case.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:04 - Jul 19 with 1662 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:39 - Jul 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Seconded.

It must kill actors to know they’ve wasted a year or too on a shite film but imagine throwing away your whole childhood!

Thought and still think it was completely fantastic. Wonderful film from a marvellous director.

Bare bones.

Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:12 - Jul 19 with 1634 viewsflynnbo

Dirty Grandpa
Footloose
Private Benjamin
Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:15 - Jul 19 with 1633 viewsNorthernr

On the 'so bad it's good' list, Airport 75 I did again after many years in lockdown. My God, exceptional stuff.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:38 - Jul 19 with 1616 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:04 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

Thought and still think it was completely fantastic. Wonderful film from a marvellous director.

I found it stunted and a bit arbitrary but looking at IMDB it seems this is a minority position. Might give it another chance one day.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:44 - Jul 19 with 1605 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I took a look at my Letterboxd app, which I’ve used the last few years as a diary to log my movie viewings.

Here are the movies I’ve given fewer than two stars (out of five):
SATC 2
Diamonds Are Forever (maybe not the worst Bond but up there)
The Blind Side
Mortal Kombat (2021)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:45 - Jul 19 with 1606 viewsdmm

Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:38 - Jul 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I found it stunted and a bit arbitrary but looking at IMDB it seems this is a minority position. Might give it another chance one day.

I expected to really enjoy it. I like 'slow' cinema. I love films from around the world and quite a lot of arthouse stuff too. But this one just fell flat on me. Maybe I wasn't in the mood or had just had a bit of a barney with the missus!
Worst film you've ever seen. on 18:56 - Jul 19 with 1592 viewsjohann28

Worst film you've ever seen. on 17:08 - Jul 19 by Esox_Lucius

I was responding in my capacity as a poster for my opinion on the worst film I've ever seen. Eyes Wide Shut is it by a distance. Pretentious, self indulgent testes.

Pretentious = tries to engage with intellectual issues

Self indulgent = a world famous artist who can do exactly what he wants

Ok, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people prefer Abba to Beethoven. Fine by me, it's a free country. What I object to is dissing something out of ignorance.
Worst film you've ever seen. on 19:40 - Jul 19 with 1525 viewsTonto

Oh FFS. Guess what my daughter is watching.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024