Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. 17:35 - Jul 14 with 3827 viewsJack123

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/speeding-cyclist-killed-woman-afte

Wow, 12 months of which he will serve half. What an insult to the family, surely that should be manslaughter, or causing death by dangerous driving?

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:04 - Jul 15 with 959 viewsDr_Winston

If you were to drive a car at 20mph on a 50mph road the Police would pull you over for dangerous driving and rightly so. Somehow cyclists believe that they should be exempt from such conditions, yet still have the nerve to describe drivers as "arrogant".

Until cyclists are licenced, taxed and insured in the same way as every other vehicle on the road then they really should keep quiet on the subject and count their blessings that the injustice remains in place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:07 - Jul 15 with 961 viewscontroversial_jack

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:31 - Jul 14 by onehunglow

Car drivers are supposed to leave 1.5 metres between their car and a cyclist and not turn into a junction whereby they would have to swerve to avoid a cyclist.
ROFL. I reckon 10 % of car drivers know this.

I cycle occasionally, and in all fairness, every car overtaking is giving ample distance when they overtake me
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:10 - Jul 15 with 961 viewsBryanSwan

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 09:51 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

What we need is to train car drivers to respect ALL road users and not see every cyclist as an intruder into their space.
Evidence right here of massive car driver arrogance.

Anyone who has a motor cycle licence knows all about d1ckwad car drivers and how great their driving skills are.

I cycle a fair whack, id just rather not put myself at risk doing so. And going down duals, A roads etc is a massive risk id not fancy taking.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:13 - Jul 15 with 959 viewsBoundy

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 09:51 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

What we need is to train car drivers to respect ALL road users and not see every cyclist as an intruder into their space.
Evidence right here of massive car driver arrogance.

Anyone who has a motor cycle licence knows all about d1ckwad car drivers and how great their driving skills are.

The most sensible post so far . everyone think their have the god given right to be where they are and to do what they want . I cycle and drive, and I always try to treat others regardless what I'm in / on with courtesy and respect .Something which obviously as shown on here is sorely lacking , so what you have to overtake a wobbling cyclist, does it really matter that 10 seconds of your day has been "wasted " but then spend hours on a couch binge watching embarrassing bodies . I now treat ALL road issuers as idiots unless
proven otherwise. ,that way I'm never surprised

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:18 - Jul 15 with 946 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:10 - Jul 15 by BryanSwan

I cycle a fair whack, id just rather not put myself at risk doing so. And going down duals, A roads etc is a massive risk id not fancy taking.

A agree.
The A540 I mentioned is a dual in parts and its a lorry route too. It is farking horrendous and should have cycle lane.
When our lad lived in Holland,the difference is staggering mainly the attitudes of drivers toward cyclists. We have to change this mind set and its what Boardman is trying to do .
A great guy btw

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:20 - Jul 15 with 944 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:13 - Jul 15 by Boundy

The most sensible post so far . everyone think their have the god given right to be where they are and to do what they want . I cycle and drive, and I always try to treat others regardless what I'm in / on with courtesy and respect .Something which obviously as shown on here is sorely lacking , so what you have to overtake a wobbling cyclist, does it really matter that 10 seconds of your day has been "wasted " but then spend hours on a couch binge watching embarrassing bodies . I now treat ALL road issuers as idiots unless
proven otherwise. ,that way I'm never surprised

Ive had several mates killed on two wheels ,both motorised and not.
Many admitted THEY DIDNT SEE HIM.

Chris Boardman's mum was killed by such a pr1ck so Im not having cyclists demonised.

He has never gotten over it frankly.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 14:51 - Jul 15 with 907 viewsswan65split

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 07:53 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Not just duals. A Roads too.

Cycle route 43 runs right down the Swansea Valley, from Coelbren to Mumbles. The amount of dickheads on bikes I've had to overtake whilst they wobble at 15mph down the A4067 is ridiculous.

Millions have been spent providing them with their own "roads". They should be made to use them.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 7:54]

We have aa cycle route , 4 , nearby, seems the pavement is preferred, another bug bare , is they wear dark clothing. therefore becoming invisible on roads roundabouts under bridges and motorways on sunny days.
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 15:08 - Jul 15 with 894 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 14:51 - Jul 15 by swan65split

We have aa cycle route , 4 , nearby, seems the pavement is preferred, another bug bare , is they wear dark clothing. therefore becoming invisible on roads roundabouts under bridges and motorways on sunny days.

The bustards. That means car drivers have to use their eyesight then.

Let's put it this way

One can criticise a man for being

ugly

fat

bad at sport

even a poor love machine but try questioning his driving

Try it on a friend next time you're in the passenger seat. Try it. Question the driver's lack of observation and not just thing right up close ,his perception of hazards,his awareness of speed and stopping distances and the laws of the land.

Passing the test lets you loose for life to cause havoc .Nobody checks on your ability as a driver after that basic rudimentaty test.

Login to get fewer ads

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 15:17 - Jul 15 with 888 viewsDr_Winston

Nobody tests cyclists at all before they're allowed on the roads.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 15:25 - Jul 15 with 886 viewscontroversial_jack

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:18 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

A agree.
The A540 I mentioned is a dual in parts and its a lorry route too. It is farking horrendous and should have cycle lane.
When our lad lived in Holland,the difference is staggering mainly the attitudes of drivers toward cyclists. We have to change this mind set and its what Boardman is trying to do .
A great guy btw

I have driven in the Netherlands, and the attitude by drivers is much different to here. They are courteous, patient and not at all aggressive.In this country, it's common to see road rage and aggression. Brits, just aren't very nice people
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 16:21 - Jul 15 with 879 viewspencoedjack

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 15:25 - Jul 15 by controversial_jack

I have driven in the Netherlands, and the attitude by drivers is much different to here. They are courteous, patient and not at all aggressive.In this country, it's common to see road rage and aggression. Brits, just aren't very nice people

You also noticed cyclists used cycle paths?
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 17:26 - Jul 15 with 867 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:04 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

If you were to drive a car at 20mph on a 50mph road the Police would pull you over for dangerous driving and rightly so. Somehow cyclists believe that they should be exempt from such conditions, yet still have the nerve to describe drivers as "arrogant".

Until cyclists are licenced, taxed and insured in the same way as every other vehicle on the road then they really should keep quiet on the subject and count their blessings that the injustice remains in place.

A very uneducated post. If cyclists were taxed in the same way as vehicles are, the amount a cyclist would pay is zero £. You obviously don’t know that vehicles are taxed on the amount of emissions they produce.

If anything they should be having a tax rebate as your average cyclist would be less of a burden on the nhs, than maybe someone like you like you even etc.

As for insurance, are you seriously saying a child would need insurance before they were allowed to ride a bike ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:41 - Jul 15 with 821 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 17:26 - Jul 15 by 73__73

A very uneducated post. If cyclists were taxed in the same way as vehicles are, the amount a cyclist would pay is zero £. You obviously don’t know that vehicles are taxed on the amount of emissions they produce.

If anything they should be having a tax rebate as your average cyclist would be less of a burden on the nhs, than maybe someone like you like you even etc.

As for insurance, are you seriously saying a child would need insurance before they were allowed to ride a bike ?

Winston is always right and one who you ridicule at your peril.
Most car drivers hate cyclists

It is obvious

I d love to take a drive with Winston and analyse his driving competency

For my first police driving course ,I went out with the instructor and ripped apart. I saw my arse as I’d been driving 14 years ,more than any of the other pupils. I learned to drive again but properly this time.

Taking the advanced is another matter . I’ve done both on bike and car. Again on a motor bike I thought I was a good rider .

Everyone should take an advanced driving course. It ll frighten you and point out your ignorance

I mention motor bikes as of course if you make a mistake on a bike ,it could be your last .

At high speeds ,concentration levels are above the competency of most drivers on our roads.

Biggest problem…attitude

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:50 - Jul 15 with 813 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:41 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

Winston is always right and one who you ridicule at your peril.
Most car drivers hate cyclists

It is obvious

I d love to take a drive with Winston and analyse his driving competency

For my first police driving course ,I went out with the instructor and ripped apart. I saw my arse as I’d been driving 14 years ,more than any of the other pupils. I learned to drive again but properly this time.

Taking the advanced is another matter . I’ve done both on bike and car. Again on a motor bike I thought I was a good rider .

Everyone should take an advanced driving course. It ll frighten you and point out your ignorance

I mention motor bikes as of course if you make a mistake on a bike ,it could be your last .

At high speeds ,concentration levels are above the competency of most drivers on our roads.

Biggest problem…attitude

Winston is talking a load of shite. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:16 - Jul 15 with 786 viewsDr_Winston

Quite amusing to see Perchy latch onto another obvious troll.

Maybe one day he'll work out that they only agree with him for the responses that they get. Maybe not though.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 22:00 - Jul 15 with 754 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:16 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Quite amusing to see Perchy latch onto another obvious troll.

Maybe one day he'll work out that they only agree with him for the responses that they get. Maybe not though.

Not after a response at all. Just pointing out that what you said was ridiculous.

Tax cyclists lol when many motor vehicles don’t pay tax.

Make cyclists pay insurance lol, what a great way to discourage people from taking part in something healthy and which helps the environment.

As I said ‘ridiculous’

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 22:05 - Jul 15 with 753 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 15:25 - Jul 15 by controversial_jack

That’s probably because in Holland the roads are for cyclists and motor vehicles are just guests.
Also I believe any crash involving a cyclist and motor vehicle, the motor vehicles insurance pays regardless of who was responsible.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 09:53 - Jul 16 with 719 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:50 - Jul 15 by 73__73

Winston is talking a load of shite. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

But he is seen as a luminary by many.

His posts show what he is like and I d venture to suggest he d not be one Onwould want to be driven by.

Dutch drivers respect the right of cyclists to be on the road.
The likes of Winston see them as interlopers

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:15 - Jul 16 with 713 viewsjeza739

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:38 - Jul 14 by 73__73

Idiot yes, but as I’ve already said there are no speed restrictions for someone on a bicycle

Correct, but the offence of furious and wanton cycling would probably cover his actions
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:10 - Jul 16 with 661 viewscontroversial_jack

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 22:05 - Jul 15 by 73__73

That’s probably because in Holland the roads are for cyclists and motor vehicles are just guests.
Also I believe any crash involving a cyclist and motor vehicle, the motor vehicles insurance pays regardless of who was responsible.

I was driving a car and not cycling.The other drivers were so courteous

It's the Netherlands by the Way, Holland is just a province within the Netherlands

The two provinces of Noord- and Zuid-Holland together are Holland.
The 12 provinces together are the Netherlands.

Just thought i'd mention it.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 21:13]
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:25 - Jul 16 with 655 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:10 - Jul 16 by controversial_jack

It's the Netherlands by the Way, Holland is just a province within the Netherlands

But the Dutch are quite happy for it to be called Holland as they are less puerile than us Welsh.
I used the term Holland,advisedly ,as my son lived in The Hague with is south Holland.

The main area that dislikes the term Holland as a generic term is around Groningen ,but you knew that ,didn't you.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 644 viewscontroversial_jack

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:25 - Jul 16 by onehunglow

But the Dutch are quite happy for it to be called Holland as they are less puerile than us Welsh.
I used the term Holland,advisedly ,as my son lived in The Hague with is south Holland.

The main area that dislikes the term Holland as a generic term is around Groningen ,but you knew that ,didn't you.

The Dutch ppl i know refer to thier country as the Netherlands, they just use Holland to foreigners.You are correct, they don't take offence if it's called Holland
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 23:54 - Jul 16 with 631 viewsraynor94

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:10 - Jul 16 by controversial_jack

Alexa is on fine form tonight

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 01:00 - Jul 17 with 608 viewsJack123

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:15 - Jul 16 by jeza739

Correct, but the offence of furious and wanton cycling would probably cover his actions

It's a poor excuse of a sentence though, personally I find speed is nothing to do with it.

The law is cyclists should not be on the pavement. It seems the emphasis is on what speed the cyclist is doing? Where for me, that cannot be the case.. the case is, he should not have been there..

You imagine a car driver doing that, mounting the pavement and mowing someone down?

There would be absolute uproar and rightly so, yet judging by some of the comments on here, it seems acceptable for a cyclist to kill an innocent woman.

Put it this way, if that was my mother who lost her life through that, I would go absolutely potty, and if it was me, I would be looking for revenge on the cyclist when he got out.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 1:13]

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 561 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 01:00 - Jul 17 by Jack123

It's a poor excuse of a sentence though, personally I find speed is nothing to do with it.

The law is cyclists should not be on the pavement. It seems the emphasis is on what speed the cyclist is doing? Where for me, that cannot be the case.. the case is, he should not have been there..

You imagine a car driver doing that, mounting the pavement and mowing someone down?

There would be absolute uproar and rightly so, yet judging by some of the comments on here, it seems acceptable for a cyclist to kill an innocent woman.

Put it this way, if that was my mother who lost her life through that, I would go absolutely potty, and if it was me, I would be looking for revenge on the cyclist when he got out.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 1:13]

How would you feel if your mother got wiped out by a car driver who didnt see her or was texting whilst driving.
It's why I mentioned Chris Boardman. He went potty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024