Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dani Parejo v Liverpool 05:57 - Apr 27 with 4891 viewsVancouverHoop

OK, it's true he was a short-lived hoop, but nevertheless has an ex-QPR player reached a Champions League semi-final before? I'll be watching.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 07:50 - Apr 27 with 4776 viewsTomS

Crouch played for Liverpool against Chelsea in the 2007 Semi Final and you can debate Raheem Sterling.

Unfortunately you have rekindled memories of several Champions League winners who turned out for us (it would be misleading to say played for us). Their legacy isn't fondly remembered.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 9:03]
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 08:11 - Apr 27 with 4729 viewsEsox_Lucius

Also played in the win against Villa at Villa Park in the cup. Stewpeas got the winner IIRC?

The grass is always greener.

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 08:31 - Apr 27 with 4678 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I checked on Sammy Lee. Played in two finals, so reasonable to assume he played in the semis.

Amazing to see the 1981 winning Liverpool side played four rounds to get to the final and their Starting XI included eight English and three Scots. Real only had two foreigners: a German and Laurie Cunningham.

Game’s changed a bit since then!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 14:50]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 4570 viewsLandshark

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 07:50 - Apr 27 by TomS

Crouch played for Liverpool against Chelsea in the 2007 Semi Final and you can debate Raheem Sterling.

Unfortunately you have rekindled memories of several Champions League winners who turned out for us (it would be misleading to say played for us). Their legacy isn't fondly remembered.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 9:03]

Another ex QPR player reached the final recently.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 10:35 - Apr 27 with 4460 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I cannot believe he was on loan 14 years ago.

He looked decent but lightweight. I remember a few players giving him the boot probably just because he played for Real.

Most unsporting.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 12:44 - Apr 27 with 4335 viewsaston_hoop

Am I remembering correctly on his debut against Barnsley, the first act from one of their players was to kill him to death with a tackle? I was at that Villa game though, in the Villa end sitting behind their defender Martin Laursen for some reason.

Now a very good player and earned some Spain caps on top of it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 15:24 - Apr 27 with 4195 viewsBklynRanger

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 10:35 - Apr 27 by Metallica_Hoop

I cannot believe he was on loan 14 years ago.

He looked decent but lightweight. I remember a few players giving him the boot probably just because he played for Real.

Most unsporting.

Yeah he almost made sense of the phrase 'too good for us' I thought.

You could see he was doing clever stuff at times, but it didn't really suit most of the people around him and then he'd get clobbered which put an end to any of the clever but confusing stuff he'd been up to.

Poor bastard I'm sure he wonders how that loan every happened. : )
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 15:50 - Apr 27 with 4142 viewsrobith

He's had a nice little career all told
Login to get fewer ads

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 16:24 - Apr 27 with 4109 viewsdaveB

Crouch played in the final as well
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 18:03 - Apr 27 with 4001 viewsR_from_afar

Is it wrong to want Villareal to win the whole darn tournament just so
- It gives the smaller and less fancied teams hope (the town of Villareal has a population of just 51,367, so an English equivalent from a size perspective would be Winchester or Runcorn)
- We can say an ex-R lifted the CL trophy?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 3988 viewsVancouverHoop

Going with the underdog is my general default. I'd love it if Villareal won, or even reached the final. Sadly I think Liverpool will rip them several new ones.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 18:44 - Apr 27 with 3954 viewsTomS

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 09:25 - Apr 27 by Landshark

Another ex QPR player reached the final recently.

True. Kyle Walker meets the criteria.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 18:55 - Apr 27 with 3933 viewseastside_r

I particularly remember that ‘Best midfield in the world’ song (sung to the tune of the Entertainer) where he featured as the last line.

And particularly it being sung on that horrible bus journey to the horrible Reading stadium.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 23:32 - Apr 27 with 3730 viewsTomS

I have found someone else who played in a European Cup Semi Final after playing for the Rs.

Stan Bowles played for Forest against Ajax in the 1980 semi final. True to form, he got miffed soon afterwards when he wasn't picked for John Robertson's testimonial and walked out on the club. He therefore didn't play for them in the European Cup Final in Madrid.

Brian Clough was an incredible manager, but he could have learned a bit from Jim Gregory about how to deal with Stan.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 00:59 - Apr 28 with 3645 viewslightwaterhoop

Michael Robinson played for Liverpool in the 1984 European cup final against Roma where they won on penalties.He came on as sub for Kenny Dalglish.The highlight of his career was of course that 40 yarder a couple of years later for us away to Chelsea.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 11:45 - Apr 28 with 3350 viewsfrancisbowles

Sammy Lee played in the 1981 & 1984 European Cup Wins. Joined us in 1986.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 20:25 - May 3 with 2965 viewseastside_r

I note that the first name of the Villarreal stopper is Geronimo.

Given the season we have had with keepers, we could have done with him as a loan ranger. I’ll get my coat / poncho.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 20:30]
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 20:58 - May 3 with 2890 viewseghamranger

Will be an interesting second half in this game.

Ex Arsenal manager, spurs, arsenal and our ex Parejo filling their boots
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 21:40 - May 3 with 2778 viewspaulparker

Thank god normal service has been resumed because they were going to have a break down on Liverpool tv sorry I meant BT Sports

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 23:48 - May 3 with 2632 viewsalexferguson60

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 20:25 - May 3 by eastside_r

I note that the first name of the Villarreal stopper is Geronimo.

Given the season we have had with keepers, we could have done with him as a loan ranger. I’ll get my coat / poncho.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 20:30]

Having also seen Geronimo 'do a Tony Roberts' for 2 out of 3 of Liverpool's goals, I'm sure than Villareal fans had shipped him off to the Wild Wild West that is Championship Football.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 09:58 - May 4 with 2490 viewscollegeranger

Park Ji-sung played in the semi in 2007-8 and semi and final in 2008-9 and again 2010-11
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 10:22 - May 4 with 2448 viewslightwaterhoop

Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 09:58 - May 4 by collegeranger

Park Ji-sung played in the semi in 2007-8 and semi and final in 2008-9 and again 2010-11

As did Rio Ferdinand i guess.
Dani Parejo v Liverpool on 11:10 - May 4 with 2410 viewsHammersmithR

Jose Bosingwa won it with that lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024