Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who does Steve Cook Replace? 15:00 - Dec 29 with 33892 viewsHastings_Hoops

I would imagine that Steve Cook will be joining us on the assumption of first team football - in which case, who does he replace (style of play / positioning) - I must admit to being a bit ignorant on that one.

Also, I assume that this indicates that:

1) Dickie and / or Barbet will definitely be gone by next season.
Or
2) we’re planning ahead and assuming Cook’s experience could be a great help to Dickie and Dunne in settling into the prem.

…most likely hedging our bets each way.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 09:47 - Jan 6 with 4213 viewsLazyFan

Forest may sell Johnson for £15m which will cover their tracks for this year's accounts, but later it will catch up with them.

Derby v Forest could be a National League fixture soon.

zzzzzzzzzz

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:02 - Jan 6 with 4170 viewsfrancisbowles

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 04:50 - Jan 6 by nix

For every Wolves or Villa for whom it paid off, there's a Derby or Reading, who are paying the price for it. It's a hell of a gamble. I'm not sure how they're not breaking FFP already as they had a £25 million loss a couple of seasons ago.

They looked like they had been a bit more sensible last summer by trimming the squad, but maybe getting within touching distance of the play offs this season has made them tear up that strategy.

Spot on Nix. Villa, as I often point out, went on an incredible run to get into the play offs and then win them. They had ten straight wins in March and April. Came from behind in both play off semi final legs before winning on penalties before a 2-1 win in the final.

With regard to Forest having improved significantly since trimming the squad, maybe one would be forgiven for thinking that may be working due to having a more settled squad and a better team spirit. Oh no, let's risk all that and spend again.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:11 - Jan 6 with 4105 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:02 - Jan 6 by francisbowles

Spot on Nix. Villa, as I often point out, went on an incredible run to get into the play offs and then win them. They had ten straight wins in March and April. Came from behind in both play off semi final legs before winning on penalties before a 2-1 win in the final.

With regard to Forest having improved significantly since trimming the squad, maybe one would be forgiven for thinking that may be working due to having a more settled squad and a better team spirit. Oh no, let's risk all that and spend again.

Villa also would have been properly fcked if they hadn't gone up that year. Selling Grealish might have dug them out but it really was sht or bust that season.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:38 - Jan 6 with 4006 viewsSuffolkHoop

To be fair Forest would get very decent money for Johnson if they wanted.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:44 - Jan 6 with 3810 viewsBAWHoops

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:35 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Tomorrow's...

That's maybe the 3rd or 4th journo I've seen pedalling the 'getting business done early' line. It's very obviously come from the club and that's why 'it's different this time' because they've gone mad at the start of the window as opposed to the end

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:24 - Jan 6 with 3721 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:44 - Jan 6 by BAWHoops

That's maybe the 3rd or 4th journo I've seen pedalling the 'getting business done early' line. It's very obviously come from the club and that's why 'it's different this time' because they've gone mad at the start of the window as opposed to the end

The coverage of Forest is often like an extension of their official website. The fawning over them is sickening at times. Because they were good in the 80s there's a lot of journos around the age now where they're in decent sports writing jobs, and they're Forest fans. There's three or four at The Athletic alone, 16 games in rattling on and on about "how steve cooper turned it all around". Three months ago they were shoving out deep dives on a daily basis about how the club was broken, structure a mess, too many cooks, destined for ruin, now they have a decent dozen games and it's all rosy in the garden, "business done early". CEO says it's the Barnsley model, no over 26s, resale value key, they go out and buy Steve Cook and instead of "errrr, what about...?" it's "WHY IT MADE SENSE THIS TIME." Two dozen deep dives about how ridiculous it is they've signed 83 players in three years, and here we are five days into the transfer window and four or five signings in the offing again and it's "WHY IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME".

It's like 15 years ago every bloody hack on the circuit seemed to be a West Ham fan, and Scott Parker got the fcking football writers' player of the year award.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 3546 viewsHarbour

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:24 - Jan 6 by Northernr

The coverage of Forest is often like an extension of their official website. The fawning over them is sickening at times. Because they were good in the 80s there's a lot of journos around the age now where they're in decent sports writing jobs, and they're Forest fans. There's three or four at The Athletic alone, 16 games in rattling on and on about "how steve cooper turned it all around". Three months ago they were shoving out deep dives on a daily basis about how the club was broken, structure a mess, too many cooks, destined for ruin, now they have a decent dozen games and it's all rosy in the garden, "business done early". CEO says it's the Barnsley model, no over 26s, resale value key, they go out and buy Steve Cook and instead of "errrr, what about...?" it's "WHY IT MADE SENSE THIS TIME." Two dozen deep dives about how ridiculous it is they've signed 83 players in three years, and here we are five days into the transfer window and four or five signings in the offing again and it's "WHY IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME".

It's like 15 years ago every bloody hack on the circuit seemed to be a West Ham fan, and Scott Parker got the fcking football writers' player of the year award.

Yes new manager new signings new manager new signings rinse and repeat…we did a fair bit of this in the past thankfully now behind us and got bit of sense at LR with MW LF & LH in charge. Sooner or later it will catch up with Forest unless they fluke a promotion.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:48 - Jan 6 with 3350 viewsSimonD

I ran the numbers on Forest a while ago just to see where they stood and they are in a healthier position than many think.

I don't know how to create tables in a forum post so I'll just put up the totals.

2016/17 - FFP Loss £3,290,000
2017/18 - FFP Loss £5,596,000
2018/19 - FFP Loss £20,115,000

Rolling 3 year loss £29,001,000

I've calculated these using Swiss Ramble's estimate of £5m disallowable costs per season

2019/20 - FFP Loss £12,947, but this will be averaged with the 2020/21 figures when they are published. If their 2020/21 accounts after disallowable cost and other costs directly related to Covid are deducted show a loss of less than £13 million Forest will just ok.

In those 4 seasons, Forest have made a profit of around £46.5 million on the sales of player registrations, the importance of that should not be underestimated.
Login to get fewer ads

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:56 - Jan 6 with 3324 viewsMick_S

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:48 - Jan 6 by SimonD

I ran the numbers on Forest a while ago just to see where they stood and they are in a healthier position than many think.

I don't know how to create tables in a forum post so I'll just put up the totals.

I've calculated these using Swiss Ramble's estimate of £5m disallowable costs per season

2019/20 - FFP Loss £12,947, but this will be averaged with the 2020/21 figures when they are published. If their 2020/21 accounts after disallowable cost and other costs directly related to Covid are deducted show a loss of less than £13 million Forest will just ok.

In those 4 seasons, Forest have made a profit of around £46.5 million on the sales of player registrations, the importance of that should not be underestimated.

Balls. Does that mean we can’t see Clive’s train picture?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:57 - Jan 6 with 3191 viewsHunterhoop

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:48 - Jan 6 by SimonD

Does anyone else think their whole model might be a money laundering scheme whereby the continuous turnover of players is a necessity? I’m no expert on it, but something seems off about it all.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 21:31 - Jan 6 with 3071 viewsCiderwithRsie

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:57 - Jan 6 by Hunterhoop

Does anyone else think their whole model might be a money laundering scheme whereby the continuous turnover of players is a necessity? I’m no expert on it, but something seems off about it all.

No idea about Forest, I'm not that into the detail of other clubs' owners. But I would not be surprised if it happened somewhere in football. If it isn't happening now, I would bet it will somewhere.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:50 - Jan 9 with 2555 viewspaulparker

Dodged a huge bullet as the bloke is a fcuking cart horse

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:59 - Jan 9 with 2512 viewsSimplyNico

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 10:11 - Jan 6 by Northernr

Villa also would have been properly fcked if they hadn't gone up that year. Selling Grealish might have dug them out but it really was sht or bust that season.

Kieran Maguire comments quite frequently as to how fcked Villa were and has said that they were hours away from receiving an HMRC winding up petition under Xia.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 2476 viewsLanhoop

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:24 - Jan 6 by Northernr

And now Tw@tterface on the tellybox is doing the same thing. zzzz.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:38 - Jan 9 with 2295 viewsDavieQPR

They've had some dodgy dealings with Olympiakos ,who have the same owners, to help them with FFP.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:32 - Jan 9 with 2088 viewsJames_Paddocks

The state of this

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:40 - Jan 9 with 2042 viewsslmrstid

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:32 - Jan 9 by James_Paddocks

The state of this

It is sycophantic but my God Arsenal were absolute garbage. They'd struggle in the Championship with that team, 11 short men with no-one willing to actually put in a tackle and do the basic stuff.

You get the feeling that Arsenal could actually be a big-name relegation waiting to happen.

Miles off from the years when Vieira would just monster everyone into submission.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 11:57 - Jan 10 with 1697 viewsTheChef

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:40 - Jan 9 by slmrstid

It is sycophantic but my God Arsenal were absolute garbage. They'd struggle in the Championship with that team, 11 short men with no-one willing to actually put in a tackle and do the basic stuff.

You get the feeling that Arsenal could actually be a big-name relegation waiting to happen.

Miles off from the years when Vieira would just monster everyone into submission.

To be fair Arteta has turned it around given how badly they started the season.

They do still have a bit of a diddymen recruitment policy though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 13:11 - Jan 10 with 1556 viewsSimplyNico

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:40 - Jan 9 by slmrstid

Quite a collapse needed by them to get relegated - they are currently 4th in the EPL
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 13:13 - Jan 10 with 1545 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:50 - Jan 9 by paulparker

Dodged a huge bullet as the bloke is a fcuking cart horse

Luckily it's easier to dodge a carthorse than a bullet ;)

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024