Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 up front 10:03 - Dec 12 with 2800 viewsbosh67

As on several other threads our strikers seem to be getting quite a bit of flack for not being Wells and Hugill. Dykes is adjusting to this level, as is Bonne. Neither of the 'senior' strikers have much experience at this level. Kelman and Alfa have practically no experience at all, let alone in this division.

It is slightly alarming me that Warbs feels Dykes is ready to play a lone striker role, or Bonne. When we had Goddard and Allen they were paired up in an attacking team. They formed a very good bond quickly and that lack of experience was made up for by their raw talent and reliance on each other, We have to do the same here with these 4 strikers. Pair them up. Their confidence will grow as opposed to continuing to play them as lone strikers, because if we don't get the results their confidence will really drop.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

2 up front on 22:26 - Dec 13 with 521 viewsLadbrokeR

2 up front on 22:28 - Dec 12 by BrianMcCarthy

We don't have the midfield to cope with two up front. We're getting over-run as it is.

There it is. There’s a reason why we play with two players protecting the back four.
2 up front on 22:27 - Dec 13 with 519 viewsParkRoyalR

2 up front on 22:14 - Dec 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I think BOS has looked lost when played up front.

I'm not saying he couldn't be a forward, I'm not saying that, (I'm doing this in a Peter Cook voice for some reason), I've got nothing against him being a striker etc etc.

Four challenges there, though.

1) His finishing needs work
2) He doesn't look up to bring others into play
3) We have no time to coach this into him on the training ground (fixtures coming thick and fast etc)
4) Who provides the width?

4)

5) He's massively over-rated by both himself and a large part of our fan base.

Ask yourself were you surprised by the quality of his early cross into Dykes for Brentford goal, if you were, as I was, it's not great that with space and time (admittedly running at pace) we are surprised he managed to complete a fairly simple cross.

Good coaching improved his game significantly but yesterday back to his pre 6 game hotstreak - gave his marker his number, was never ready for the ball on the half turn, poor control, poor pass selection.

We gave him a great opportunity and unlike Eze, he has had his head turned and has lost his focus - and given his weaknesses he needs to be 100% on his game to excel at this level.
2 up front on 19:02 - Dec 14 with 435 viewsOldPedro

2 up front on 22:14 - Dec 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I think BOS has looked lost when played up front.

I'm not saying he couldn't be a forward, I'm not saying that, (I'm doing this in a Peter Cook voice for some reason), I've got nothing against him being a striker etc etc.

Four challenges there, though.

1) His finishing needs work
2) He doesn't look up to bring others into play
3) We have no time to coach this into him on the training ground (fixtures coming thick and fast etc)
4) Who provides the width?

4)

And 5 - it looks like it wants to leave

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

2 up front on 19:52 - Dec 14 with 404 viewspaulparker

For me kelman needs to start tomorrow with dykes , what do we have to lose ?
It’s not working with chair on the left and BOS out of form on the right , kelman has something about him he isn’t afraid to get stuck in , he looks a player who will run through brick walls and hopefully some of that youthful energy will rub off on the team and give them a lift
Anyone remember that Tuesday night game 22 years ago when we had a must win against Barnsley? Gerry threw Langley in from the start at look what happened
In recent times Holloway played manning against wolves and smyth against sheff wed and look what happened there, we got wins when we needed it most

4-3-1-2
Is what I would play a midfield 3 of Cameron, Ball, LTC, with chair just behind the front 2
Warburton has done the same team with the same formation with the same substorms what seems like forever , let’s see if he can do something tomorrow to change it
I’m not holding my breath

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

2 up front on 20:15 - Dec 14 with 388 viewsderbyhoop

I've not seen enough of Kelman to advocate for him. But bringing on Mac Bonne after 70 minutes hasn't worked, so it would make a nice change to see Kelman get more than 5 minutes.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024