Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our DoF 23:14 - Jan 12 with 8530 viewsHunterhoop

He said when he started that he wanted us to become a club that gave youth players a path through to the first team.

Ryan Manning was his first signing.

Since he's been DoF the following have come through from the youth teams and made their debuts for the first team:

Lumley
Kpekawa (sold for a fee)
Furlong
Hamalainen
Kakay
Doughty
Shodipo
Manning
Eze
Comley
Grego Cox
Pretrasso (full debut, he made one sub appearance before)

Prohouly and Paul have also made the bench.

That's since Jan 2015.

You can say it's the managers who've picked them, but then, given he's been criticised for the managers we've hired, he surely must get some credit for the above, no?

He's the only constant, as the DoF, on the playing side, and he said this was an objective when he started.

And tonight, we're waxing lyrical about some of them. Others we're excited about. And, yes, some won't make it...and ALL of them will go through rough patches.

But this is the QPR we used to be. This is the QPR we all said we wanted after the disastrous Hughes and Redknapp regimes.

Personally, I think we need to allow at least another 2 more, maybe 3, full seasons to judge his performance and impact as a DoF. But there are clearly green shoots. Green shoots of the variety we wanted.

He is not the devil incarnate.

Support him and support the club.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 9:25]
Our DoF on 21:52 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsBrightonhoop

Our DoF on 13:01 - Jan 13 by R_from_afar

I don't think anyone has mentioned him yet but Chris Ramsey also has a pivotal role when it comes to developing our own players.

RFA (Looks for tin hat, primes claymores, dives into bunker and calls for air support...)

Behave lol
Our DoF on 21:55 - Jan 13 with 1301 viewsPommyhoop

Great OP and thread Hunter.
Kudos to those brave,foolhardy souls who have praised Ramsey's contribution too..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Our DoF on 00:57 - Jan 14 with 1217 viewskensalriser

Bah, happy clapper humbug!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our DoF on 01:16 - Jan 14 with 1205 viewsBklynRanger

This is too many likes now. I liked it earlier but I had to unlike it now just to cool things down a bit. We're very much in danger of overbearing the dylithium crystals.
Our DoF on 01:45 - Jan 14 with 1194 viewsPunteR

Our DoF on 01:16 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

This is too many likes now. I liked it earlier but I had to unlike it now just to cool things down a bit. We're very much in danger of overbearing the dylithium crystals.

I've just down arrowed you Bklyn. I dont know why

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our DoF on 03:00 - Jan 14 with 1158 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

I think sometimes people forget what a mess the club was in and how disastrous it would have been if Tony was left in charge. When we went up with Neil the club was no where near premiership ready. And when Tony took over he just throw money at it and sadly it just made things worse. When Les took over things got a lot better but it will take a long time to fix. It is great to see the youth system starting to achieving results. Hopefully we will see a lot more. It certainly looks like Oli will give the younger players a go.
Our DoF on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 1002 viewsHollowayRanger

What's not to like seeing home grown youth making it into the team instead of over paid money grabbing has been mercenary's

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Our DoF on 11:41 - Jan 14 with 990 viewsDevon_4_England

Great post Hunter

Say Leslie Ferdinand, said Leslie Ferdinand !
Login to get fewer ads

Our DoF on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 835 viewsTGRRRSSS

Our DoF on 13:01 - Jan 13 by R_from_afar

I don't think anyone has mentioned him yet but Chris Ramsey also has a pivotal role when it comes to developing our own players.

RFA (Looks for tin hat, primes claymores, dives into bunker and calls for air support...)

This is what was in part so frustrating about his managerial appointment, taking him away from a role he was very very capable of and is utterly his forte to give him another role he clearly wasn't, it was a lose lose in every way giving Ramsay the manager's job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024