Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kids... 07:11 - Mar 16 with 16991 views18StoneOfHoop

..who'd want to be one today? What have they to look forward to ???

(1) A chance of the first step on the housing ladder in London? No foo king chance!
(2) University education subsidised by the state like in the good old 80's?
Sorry, minimum of 30k for 3 years for you or your parents to have hanging over your head for years to pay back eventually.
(3) Imminent elderly nursing home explosion..who's going to pay for it?..the kids of course!
(4) Pensions to start at 70.
and now the absolute tin lid killer from George Osborne:
(5) An 8 hour school-day!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/12195132/Budget-2016-Geor

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/15/british-teenagers-among-least-sat

What with all the stress I can't see them getting any skinnier.
Taking comfort refuge in their mobiles,fizzy drinks and cake and burgers very understandable.

[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 7:35]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Kids... on 16:01 - Apr 15 with 2309 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 13:24 - Apr 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Well it is just Economics really. If you are going to have a longer retirement you have to pay for it. So we work longer but retire for longer as we are living longer.

I try not to think of retirement as my golden years, I could get run over on the way home.

That last point is very valid and well made. Time for even more then
Kids... on 16:57 - Apr 15 with 2281 viewstraininvain

The title of this thread reminds me of the film 'Kids' by Larry Clark. Classic.
Kids... on 17:55 - Apr 15 with 2258 viewsJuzzie

Kids... on 11:44 - Apr 15 by robith

My partner and I discussed it and we probably won't have kids.

The baby boomers have ruined everything for everyone. And then they have the audacity to tell us we're doing things wrong. We are what you made us mate.

The tech revolution instead of making us free is being used to crush us all, tearing away all our rights and protections, making us scramble around in the dust for peanuts while our malevolent overlords call us low achievers for daring to ask questions, or abuse each other so that we never look up to see who actually holds the yoke over us.

I'm so depressed

I spent the last 10+ years worrying about what kind of world kids today will be brought up into.

Juzzie Jnr appeared on the scene 18 months ago (not planned but not unplanned, if that makes sense) and even though I was 47 when he was born, I am so glad he's in my life.

Yes, I still do worry. I'll always worry. I see video footage of kids being picked on, bullied etc and hear on the news about 3 years old getting abducted but generally they are rare events. You have to do your best, be vigilant etc. but most of all, enjoy it.
Kids... on 18:21 - Apr 15 with 2235 viewsQPRDave

Kids??? They got it easy these days, pah!
No working up a chimney or cotton mills for them , oh no.
No rickets, no plague, or small pox.. ha, easy st.
No Myra Hindleys, or Jimmy Savilles for this lot,... teacher's pets!
No Bay City Rollers, or Partridge Family for these softies!
No highlights in black & white only football on a saturday/sunday.... lucky lucky b**tards!

Yeah no Golly's on marmalade jars to collect for them....
No running wild out all day long ...
No 6 weeks of pure sunshine every school hols for them
No Chopper bikes, the bionic man, or metal mickey for this crowd
No Stan Bowles inspired QPR for these t*ssers!!...hahaha ave it ya losers!!
Kids... on 20:33 - Apr 15 with 2183 viewsHitch

Kids stop me from being a selfish arsehole. Now im a proud, selfish arsehole.
Kids... on 20:57 - Apr 15 with 2171 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 20:33 - Apr 15 by Hitch

Kids stop me from being a selfish arsehole. Now im a proud, selfish arsehole.

Absolutely no disrespect to you personally, and nothing personal in any way whatsoever, but I do find people with kids to be among the most selfish I meet. It's all about them, not about their kids. Me, me, me, me. I'm so happy, I'm so proud, I'm so this, I'm so that. Then when you pull them up on it (the fact that it sounds quite like it's all about them) they get the hump and say it's not all about them at all. Even had one bloke on a plane get the hump when I got the hump with his brat crying, screaming and generally being a pain in the arse. He said he has to put up with it every day so the least I could do is put up with it for a few hours. What a selfish cant. It's not me who brought the brat into the world to boost my ego and save me from a life of boredom, it's not me inflicting the brat on other people who are trying to sleep, and it's not me disturbing everyones overnight flight. Just an observation.

I may have a bit more respect for parents if they admitted that it really is all about them instead of pretending to be selfless martyrs acting out of the kindness of their hearts
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:00]
Kids... on 21:00 - Apr 15 with 2164 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kids... on 20:57 - Apr 15 by Deano19766

Absolutely no disrespect to you personally, and nothing personal in any way whatsoever, but I do find people with kids to be among the most selfish I meet. It's all about them, not about their kids. Me, me, me, me. I'm so happy, I'm so proud, I'm so this, I'm so that. Then when you pull them up on it (the fact that it sounds quite like it's all about them) they get the hump and say it's not all about them at all. Even had one bloke on a plane get the hump when I got the hump with his brat crying, screaming and generally being a pain in the arse. He said he has to put up with it every day so the least I could do is put up with it for a few hours. What a selfish cant. It's not me who brought the brat into the world to boost my ego and save me from a life of boredom, it's not me inflicting the brat on other people who are trying to sleep, and it's not me disturbing everyones overnight flight. Just an observation.

I may have a bit more respect for parents if they admitted that it really is all about them instead of pretending to be selfless martyrs acting out of the kindness of their hearts

Poor mate.

Considering you are only here giving us this skewed view on parenthood because your mother and father had a child.
Kids... on 21:02 - Apr 15 with 2160 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 21:00 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Poor mate.

Considering you are only here giving us this skewed view on parenthood because your mother and father had a child.

Why is it skewed? Honestly, I am interested. I get the same sort of comments from mates who are parents, but they never give a reason.

And yes my parents did obviously. Sometimes I wish they hadn't mind (and I feel that way even though I have what some would call the absolute life of riley).

Is having kids about the parents or the children? From what I see it's the former with most. I avoid responsibility at all costs, but if I didn't then I would adopt. Would rather help a life already here than create yet another one.

As I said, no disrespect or offence to anyone (well it's not intended to cause offence anyway, even if some has been caused). Just an opinion held rightly or wrongly. And it's something that intrigues me (the human psyche). I'd just like to understand, rather than people just saying it's ridiculous/skewed/mad without then backing that statement up. Always leaves me thinking I'm actually right.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Kids... on 21:18 - Apr 15 with 2140 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kids... on 21:02 - Apr 15 by Deano19766

Why is it skewed? Honestly, I am interested. I get the same sort of comments from mates who are parents, but they never give a reason.

And yes my parents did obviously. Sometimes I wish they hadn't mind (and I feel that way even though I have what some would call the absolute life of riley).

Is having kids about the parents or the children? From what I see it's the former with most. I avoid responsibility at all costs, but if I didn't then I would adopt. Would rather help a life already here than create yet another one.

As I said, no disrespect or offence to anyone (well it's not intended to cause offence anyway, even if some has been caused). Just an opinion held rightly or wrongly. And it's something that intrigues me (the human psyche). I'd just like to understand, rather than people just saying it's ridiculous/skewed/mad without then backing that statement up. Always leaves me thinking I'm actually right.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:15]

I don't know why it's skewed but it's doesn't strike me as a healthy pre occupation.

I'm not a parent for the record.

A condition of our existence as a species is that we all pass through a process of being annoying and noisy. So to complain about it is sort of hypocritical.

From what this guy said, I didn't detect any egotism. Selfish parents isn't something i've ever noticed generally.

Your life choices are your life choices. I understand your views and get it. But coming on here and bollocking parents isn't a way to make friends and influence people.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:19]
Kids... on 21:21 - Apr 15 with 2133 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 21:18 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know why it's skewed but it's doesn't strike me as a healthy pre occupation.

I'm not a parent for the record.

A condition of our existence as a species is that we all pass through a process of being annoying and noisy. So to complain about it is sort of hypocritical.

From what this guy said, I didn't detect any egotism. Selfish parents isn't something i've ever noticed generally.

Your life choices are your life choices. I understand your views and get it. But coming on here and bollocking parents isn't a way to make friends and influence people.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:19]

Sorry wasn't intended as bollocking anyone. Apologies if it came across that way. Was more of an observation which was seeking sensible answers to maybe change my way of thinking. I'll shut up then.

Time for another beer and other badness
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:27]
Kids... on 21:28 - Apr 15 with 2124 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kids... on 21:21 - Apr 15 by Deano19766

Sorry wasn't intended as bollocking anyone. Apologies if it came across that way. Was more of an observation which was seeking sensible answers to maybe change my way of thinking. I'll shut up then.

No need to shut up, this isn't North Korea.

Enjoy your beer mate.
Kids... on 21:29 - Apr 15 with 2120 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 21:28 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

No need to shut up, this isn't North Korea.

Enjoy your beer mate.

Cheers
Kids... on 21:30 - Apr 15 with 2118 viewsPunteR

Kids... on 20:57 - Apr 15 by Deano19766

You sound like a dick Deano .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kids... on 21:41 - Apr 15 with 2109 viewsPunteR

Kids... on 21:21 - Apr 15 by Deano19766

when you say other badness do you mean having a vvank ,it's probably better that way for you mate, a lot safer, definitely won't be making any babies..

Kids... on 21:46 - Apr 15 with 2104 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 21:41 - Apr 15 by PunteR

when you say other badness do you mean having a vvank ,it's probably better that way for you mate, a lot safer, definitely won't be making any babies..

Intelligent response. The kind of thing those with few brain cells resort to I guess. Just proves my point I suppose. I'm sure society is all the richer for you being in it, what with that brilliant brain of yours. Keep up the good work.

Cheers fella
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:55]
Kids... on 22:00 - Apr 15 with 2080 viewsPunteR

Kids... on 21:46 - Apr 15 by Deano19766

Intelligent response. The kind of thing those with few brain cells resort to I guess. Just proves my point I suppose. I'm sure society is all the richer for you being in it, what with that brilliant brain of yours. Keep up the good work.

Cheers fella
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 21:55]

lol.. Enjoy tomorrow morning mate,we'll see about those brain cells then..

Kids... on 22:02 - Apr 15 with 2078 viewsDeano19766

Kids... on 22:00 - Apr 15 by PunteR

lol.. Enjoy tomorrow morning mate,we'll see about those brain cells then..

Indeed we will

Whilst I do believe I make a serious point, fcuk it. What do I care. I'll be brown bread from all the booze and gear anyway
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:06]
Kids... on 23:12 - Apr 15 with 2047 viewsLowerloftLad

I moved away from Surrey 6months Ago moved up to sunny Scotland bought a nice 2 bedroom house with a big old garden for 62k with my fiancé I am getting married in December and after that will have more than enough cash and space to raise a family just move to more affordable areas
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 23:13]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024