Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers 00:45 - Oct 27 with 14912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phil Stamp
Paddy Kenny
Alan Cork
Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 13:29 - Oct 29 with 1409 viewsHantsR

Thos of a certain age will remember Alan Wilks. He scored 5 goals in one game but never quite looked the part and fans were never quite convinced he was a footballer.
Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 13:33 - Oct 29 with 1404 viewsBucksRanger

Alan Wilks' 5 goal story here.

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2009/10/the-night-alan-wilks-scored-a-record-five-goals/
[Post edited 29 Oct 2015 13:34]
Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 14:12 - Oct 29 with 1384 viewsMonahoop

Was thinking our very own Frank Sibley didn't look like your typical footballer. More like Dylan the rabbit from Magic Roundabout. Dear old Frank. Nice Mr Sibley, a steady, loyal player who when he took over the managers role in the late 70's the great team created by Jago and Sexton was history and down on its luck. Mr Sibley was quite popular with the fans as a player, but got dogs abuse by many fans as a manager [ parallels with our current Mr Ramsey ], though it has to be said back in those days the criticisms were done from the stands and not from behind the invisible barriers of acid throwing IT Forums, Faceache or Tw*tter. He took it all on the chin did nice Mr Sibley. But he still didn't look like your common or garden footballer, not to me anyhow.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 16:07 - Oct 29 with 1352 viewsexiled_dictator

socrates of the 70's and 80's brazil squad never looked a real footballer.
koscielny is also on my list.
oscar of chelsea shame - looks like a 12 year old
michael owen is in that class too - even now
luke chadwick - looks like a medical virus that escaped
di maria, ex manu
that rooney fella don't strike me as a footballer either

can i say most of our current squad? or is that down to the (lack of) coaching?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 19:46 - Oct 29 with 1315 viewsNoDiddley

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=terry+hurlock&biw=1093&bih=526&source=lnms&tbm

I'm shite at links but its meant to be Terry Hurlock, more of a nightclub bouncer than a footballer. Met him in his heyday & his thighs were the size of my body.
Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 19:47 - Oct 29 with 1314 viewskensalriser

Wayne Fereday - moonlighted as a Belgian pop radio DJ.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 20:28 - Oct 29 with 1301 viewsHantsR

Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 19:46 - Oct 29 by NoDiddley

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=terry+hurlock&biw=1093&bih=526&source=lnms&tbm

I'm shite at links but its meant to be Terry Hurlock, more of a nightclub bouncer than a footballer. Met him in his heyday & his thighs were the size of my body.

What an ugly person to pay money to watch. I saw him play for Saints and I think he probably personifies the main reason I could never became a Saints fan when I moved down this way.
Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 21:02 - Oct 29 with 1291 viewsDannyPaddox

Footballers Who Don't Look Like Footballers on 19:47 - Oct 29 by kensalriser

Wayne Fereday - moonlighted as a Belgian pop radio DJ.

Snail on the head mate. Whereas Gary Bannister was a Radio 1 breakfast DJ or, at a stretch, a Michael J. fox lookalike opening supermarkets in the Nuneaton area.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024