Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible Terrible Supergroups 08:35 - Oct 15 with 5981 viewsDiscodroids

1.The Power Station
2. Tin Machine.

pure evil.

cant think of any others, help me Out here LFW!!
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 8:40]

A Number One.

Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 14:00 - Oct 15 with 1628 viewsR_from_afar

Supergroups: A recipe which can bring mixed results.

Avoid:
- McBusted (cough)
- Gillan era Black Sabbath (the fact that "Born Again" contains a track entitled "Stonehenge" says it all). And the album cover - man alive, what were they on?
- Mr Big (OMG, dreadful)
- Gogmagog (dross but incredibly, featured both a past and a future member of Iron Maiden - spooky)
- Alter Bridge (dull...)

Take in moderation:
- *Early* Asia
- Liquid Tension Experiment (approximately 2.3 billion notes per track but that is not necessarily a recipe for success)
- Anderson Howe etc etc etc - No better or worse than Yes
- Dark Side of the Moog (features three gods of ambient music): Overall, average. Occasionally, amazing, often achieves boredom on a geological scale (DSOTM 2 track 1: Sounds like Klaus Schulze accidentally left his DAT recorder running in a darkened swamp for 20 plus minutes but forgot to edit it out of the album), the band is contractually obliged to include at least two dull as ditchwater meandering pseudoclassical pieces per album
- GTR: A fair effort
- Temple of the Dog: Not quite Carling

Neck it:
- Audioslave
- A Perfect Circle

Good thread :)

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 14:02 - Oct 15 with 1623 viewsbatmanhoop

one of the few that has me rushing for the off button, Bryan Adams
Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 1552 viewsCiderwithRsie

Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 14:02 - Oct 15 by batmanhoop

one of the few that has me rushing for the off button, Bryan Adams

Is he a supergroup? I mean, is he made out of Springsteen's legs, Neil Young's larynx, and so on? I don't think adding Bob Dylan's first letter to all of Ryan Adams counts.

Actually, though I know what you mean, Bryan Adams was one of the best live acts I've seen.
Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 20:02 - Oct 15 with 1520 viewsRebalhoop

Ted Nugent formed absolute shite Damn Yankees.
Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 20:32 - Oct 15 with 1500 viewsDorse

Oysterhead were fcuking amazing. Trey from Phish on guitars and supported by one of the most astounding rhythm sections ever: Les Claypool (Primus) on bass and Stewart Copeland on drums.

Think Primus-style sense of humour and savage bass with a dream-like quality.

And, technically, Parliament Funkadelic was a supergroup. Lest we forget.

We love you Funkenstein.

Most other Supergroups? Meh.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 12:32 - Oct 16 with 1421 viewsFredManRave

The Three Tenors weren't my cup of tea although Nesunn Dorma was good for obvious reasons;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Terrible Terrible Supergroups on 14:14 - Oct 16 with 1403 viewsMonahoop

This thread got me rummaging around in my old vinyl LP collection last night and in it I found an album I thought I'd lost way back, Green Bullfrog. It features Richie Blackmore and Ian Paice of Deep Purple, Chas Hodges, Albert Lee and a host of others all having what appears to be a bit of a jam session. It's not bad as far as one off supergroups go.

Apart from this, I don't really too much heed to supergroups or one off collusions. If I had to pick one absolute bucket of pig manure then it would have to be The Travelling Wilbury's. How their dire songs still get lots of radio airplay to this day after all these years, beats me. Diabolical!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024