Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ricky Lambert 15:41 - Jun 29 with 5388 viewsHayesender

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/qpr/qpr_favourites_to_snap_up_liver

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ricky Lambert on 15:46 - Jun 29 with 4444 viewsessextaxiboy

I would be ok with this . I know his age is against him but we need some players with experience of this division .
Ricky Lambert on 15:51 - Jun 29 with 4411 viewsTheBlob

If we get him and Polter,and maybe Andre Grey I'm going to have a punt on us going up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ricky Lambert on 15:55 - Jun 29 with 4379 viewsessextaxiboy

Ricky Lambert on 15:51 - Jun 29 by TheBlob

If we get him and Polter,and maybe Andre Grey I'm going to have a punt on us going up.

Careful with that optimism Blob.
Ricky Lambert on 16:05 - Jun 29 with 4307 viewsfakekerby

Can't see how any club in the Championship would be able to afford him. He's also past it. And if that wasn't enough, he's at Liverpool so we are a massive step down. This goes against everything the club is FINALLY trying to do.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 16:09]
Ricky Lambert on 16:08 - Jun 29 with 4289 viewsqueensparker

I would have thought a Prem club will sign him if he's available, can't see him coming here in a million years
Ricky Lambert on 16:40 - Jun 29 with 4126 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ricky Lambert on 16:05 - Jun 29 by fakekerby

Can't see how any club in the Championship would be able to afford him. He's also past it. And if that wasn't enough, he's at Liverpool so we are a massive step down. This goes against everything the club is FINALLY trying to do.

The idea of never signing a player from a big club again because it's a 'step down' is just as silly as any of our other, admittedly vague, buying practices.

Bare bones.

Ricky Lambert on 16:46 - Jun 29 with 4096 viewsDiscodroids

mmmmm. ive thought about it over a cup of lemon tea from the klix machine , and factored in nuances such as we havent got a single striker (when chas leaves) in the squad .

lets go mad and sign him.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 16:53]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Ricky Lambert on 16:58 - Jun 29 with 4042 viewsYorkRanger

Personally I would say if he wants to come and the wage structure is right then bring him in. Charlie is off and Lambert scores goals. Seems like a slam dunk
Login to get fewer ads

Ricky Lambert on 17:05 - Jun 29 with 3993 viewsPunteR

I can't see this happening. I like him as a player and would do well here I'm sure,I just think he'll be too expensive.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ricky Lambert on 17:05 - Jun 29 with 3991 viewsganjR

I can see him going to Bournemouth or Villa ahead of us if they made offers. Even Palace too.
Ricky Lambert on 17:22 - Jun 29 with 3929 viewsTheBlob

Ricky Lambert on 15:55 - Jun 29 by essextaxiboy

Careful with that optimism Blob.

Sorry.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ricky Lambert on 18:30 - Jun 29 with 3735 viewsrrrspricey

Ricky Lambert on 16:05 - Jun 29 by fakekerby

Agree to a point but every squad beds a mixture of youthful exuberance and experience.

I like Lambert, would score well at this level and works bloody hard. Only issue for me could be wages.
Ricky Lambert on 18:38 - Jun 29 with 3700 viewscorse

no thanks. old, fat and lazy git. this move has been in rumors before. one of my liverpool mates laughed his socks off and told they will be more than happy to get him off the pay roll.
Ricky Lambert on 18:39 - Jun 29 with 3695 viewsfrancisbowles

Ricky Lambert on 18:30 - Jun 29 by rrrspricey

Agree to a point but every squad beds a mixture of youthful exuberance and experience.

I like Lambert, would score well at this level and works bloody hard. Only issue for me could be wages.

Yep, agree with that. Think he would be good for us, right attitude, works hard, scores goals but would either have to negotiate a pay off from Liverpool and fit in with new wage structure, or come on loan with them picking up most of his wages.
Ricky Lambert on 18:46 - Jun 29 with 3665 viewsbosh67

Love Lambert. Proven goalscorer even at 33. Lots of experience and good fitness record.

But I think he will go to Villa.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ricky Lambert on 20:33 - Jun 29 with 3415 viewsderbyhoop

For - once Charlie goes we have no strikers with any real experience. Lambert could do a job, in the Championship, for 1 season.

Against - another old player on high wages seeing QPR as a pension top-up. He's also at the club he's always supported.

Unless he's prepared to take a massive cut in wages, for a short term deal and his attitude is spot-on, then it's a NO from me.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ricky Lambert on 22:38 - Jun 29 with 3231 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ricky Lambert on 18:38 - Jun 29 by corse

no thanks. old, fat and lazy git. this move has been in rumors before. one of my liverpool mates laughed his socks off and told they will be more than happy to get him off the pay roll.

Oi! I object to your tone.

I'm an old fat lazy git, and proud of it.

Mind you, I'm not expecting to sign for QPR on shedloads of cash each week, so as you were.
Ricky Lambert on 10:16 - Jun 30 with 2791 viewsWeaverQPR

Is he really that good? Got somewhat lucky at Southampton as everybody was riding on a crest of a wave and all got big moves off the back of those 2/3 seasons.

@WeavQPR

Ricky Lambert on 10:28 - Jun 30 with 2745 viewsMvpeter

Ricky Lambert on 16:40 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

The idea of never signing a player from a big club again because it's a 'step down' is just as silly as any of our other, admittedly vague, buying practices.

Could anything really be as silly as that?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ricky Lambert on 11:06 - Jun 30 with 2654 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ricky Lambert on 10:28 - Jun 30 by Mvpeter

Could anything really be as silly as that?

It just reminded me of when some tw@t on here came on saying we should never sign another Australian because of Zelic and Nick thingummy.
It's irrelevant where a player comes from, it's whether he's right for the club.
For what it's worth, I think Lambert would be a great signing for us for a couple of years, if the price was right and the wages not too high. Good player, good attitude, goalscorer.

Bare bones.

Ricky Lambert on 11:18 - Jun 30 with 2614 views00calben

Heidar mark II.

But yeah, I think he will be too expensive...and join a Villa/Bournemouth type.
Ricky Lambert on 12:13 - Jun 30 with 2525 viewsnedflanders

Ricky Lambert on 11:06 - Jun 30 by Antti_Heinola

It just reminded me of when some tw@t on here came on saying we should never sign another Australian because of Zelic and Nick thingummy.
It's irrelevant where a player comes from, it's whether he's right for the club.
For what it's worth, I think Lambert would be a great signing for us for a couple of years, if the price was right and the wages not too high. Good player, good attitude, goalscorer.

Id sign Aaron Mooy from Melbourne in a heartbeat. Reckon he'd excel in the Championship with his work ethic and box to box play. Exactly what we need and would cost a fraction of some of the names being banded about.
Ricky Lambert on 12:20 - Jun 30 with 2489 viewsrobith

Ricky Lambert on 20:33 - Jun 29 by derbyhoop

For - once Charlie goes we have no strikers with any real experience. Lambert could do a job, in the Championship, for 1 season.

Against - another old player on high wages seeing QPR as a pension top-up. He's also at the club he's always supported.

Unless he's prepared to take a massive cut in wages, for a short term deal and his attitude is spot-on, then it's a NO from me.

Is he really after a pension top up though? Think that's harsh on a man whose always struck me as hard working, finally got a big move and it hasn't worked out for him. Even then, he's been nothing but a consummate professional - hasn't spoken out, works hard when he comes on, tried to force himself into the reckoning

I'd say more he just wants to be playing regularly again
Ricky Lambert on 12:26 - Jun 30 with 2466 viewsozexile

Ricky Lambert on 12:13 - Jun 30 by nedflanders

Id sign Aaron Mooy from Melbourne in a heartbeat. Reckon he'd excel in the Championship with his work ethic and box to box play. Exactly what we need and would cost a fraction of some of the names being banded about.

I've mentioned Mooy on here a couple of times. Great engine,two footed,great tackler,clever player. He's would be a star. Could pick him up for next to nothing.
Ricky Lambert on 13:02 - Jun 30 with 2373 viewsexiled_dictator

can't remember where i read it, but i think i remember reading that he was earning £40k a week at liverpool, having been paid £25k at southampton.
reckon if we could guarantee him regular starting, and service to score goals, he would move.
however, it may well be the case that premiership clubs will also offer him the chance of being a 'squad player', and he may favour that.
when west ham enquired after him at the same time he was leaving southampton for liverpool, his agent allegedly asked for £75k a week, but he settled on £40k, as it was his dream move.
i suspect £20k a week move to qpr in championship may not necessarily constitute a dream move for anyone.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024