Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury 09:16 - Jun 23 with 20733 viewsMonahoop

It's that time of the year again. Fun down on the a farm somewhere in deepest, darkest Somerset. Anyone on here going or has been in the past? An interesting, eclectic line up I see this year, old and new, something for all.

I last went in 1979. Tom Robinson was there then. He's there this year I see.

Enjoy.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glastonbury on 08:38 - Jun 29 with 2840 viewsDiscodroids

one used to see the chemical brothers dj as the dust brothers back in 1995 at the heavenly social nights. this piece of information is of no use to anyone but makes me feel slightly better as i face a week at work telling people to behave themselves and to stop calling me a cockney fat cnt.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Glastonbury on 08:59 - Jun 29 with 2801 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 08:29 - Jun 29 by Metallica_Hoop

Saw a bit of Lionel, he was good.

You forget how many really good tunes he has.

The video for Hello is also one of the funniest ever made. (the one with the blind girl)

Ideal for the Sunday afternoon tea slot. 40 years of singalong stuff and a good showman, whether you like his stuff or not isn't really the point. just one of theose artisits that we all know having been there and in the charts for the duration.

also helps that he seems like a decent bloke and not a jumped up prick like KW.

Although i did lose a fiver in a bet for closing song; Mrs went Dancing on the Ceiling and i went All Night Long, forgot about We Are The World, he had that one up his sleeve!
Glastonbury on 09:08 - Jun 29 with 2793 viewsElHoop

Why wasn't Lionel on live TV? We watched the whole set live on a laptop and it was excellent, but it should have been on the telly. They had loads of channels doing nothing.
Glastonbury on 09:09 - Jun 29 with 2780 viewsDiscodroids

did he do penny lover ?

the love song of champions.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 9:20]

Glastonbury on 09:16 - Jun 29 with 2778 viewsMonahoop

Glastonbury on 23:20 - Jun 28 by PunteR

Loving future islands earlier. Jamie T, Weller... all good.
Is it really Monday tomorrow?..

I really don't get Future Islands. What direction is their music? And their singer doing strange movements out of sync with the music, like the embarrassing 50 something old uncle at a wedding party trying hard to be 18 again and failing miserably. Best bit was when he fell arse over tip over a speaker. Got what he deserved. Clown. But at least he laughed it off I suppose, where as some more established types might have taken offence and stormed off.
That said yesterday was by far the best day telly wise. Weller delivered a decent mix of old and new which I liked, Lionel Richie was great and showed what a good performer he is live, FFS were interesting, two bands from different decades but with similar music styles coming together. Good to see sinister Ronnie of Sparks again on the keyboards. Leanne Le Havas was good and The Who? Hats off to them, did well, just a shame it was only a highlighted show. If some of the younger bands there at the weekend can still be around as long as Daltry and Townsend and still deliver the goods then they'd be doing well. Thumbs up to the oldies.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glastonbury on 09:16 - Jun 29 with 2777 viewsNorthernr

Disappointed Bondy wasn't on.
Glastonbury on 09:19 - Jun 29 with 2765 viewsDiscodroids

I saw another interview with This Kanye West oddity , where he was wa.nking off about Paris and couture fashion and in layman's terms he came across as a complete mincer, complete with the fey mannerisms and all that.

I'd like to add that I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals and I have many gay friends, although obviously you shouldn't read anything into that.

except Akos B. , he's well fkn lush.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 9:19]

Glastonbury on 09:36 - Jun 29 with 2743 viewsbob566

Glastonbury on 09:16 - Jun 29 by Northernr

me too. Thought he'd get the pyramid stage at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury on 09:42 - Jun 29 with 2712 viewsDiscodroids

good work.

there is a touch of mick talbot about our bondy.

Glastonbury on 09:50 - Jun 29 with 2704 viewsElHoop

Last seen hacking through the undergrowth with Rio looking for the Underground Piano Bar.
Glastonbury on 10:03 - Jun 29 with 2691 viewsTheBlob

Thank god it's over,wall-to-wall filth.To music what syrup of figs is to surgery.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Glastonbury on 10:13 - Jun 29 with 2670 viewsSimonJames

Glastonbury on 07:54 - Jun 29 by collegeranger

Saw Sleaford Mods on small stage at Hyde Park on Friday night. So yeah one protest song strewn with expletives - great - but every song!
Shouty 40 something and coked up mate on beatbox! Oooh gritty.
In his own words a pile of stinking sh!te ....now f@ck off!

I much prefer Slaves. Most entertaining set of the festival for me.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Glastonbury on 10:23 - Jun 29 with 2652 viewsWeaverQPR

Glastonbury on 14:13 - Jun 26 by Discodroids

anyone done Creamfields ??, i done the first one in 1998,it was like spending 24 hours in a khmer rouge camp . on nutmeg.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2015 14:14]

2004 with a load of Gary Abletts cellotaped to my groin.

@WeavQPR

Glastonbury on 10:28 - Jun 29 with 2647 viewsPunteR

Not having that Sleaford mods. Utter garbage. Enjoyed Slaves though. Chemicals smashed it. By far my favourite over the weekend. I enjoyed most of what I saw though. In a happy drunk way.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Glastonbury on 10:37 - Jun 29 with 2633 viewsrobith

Glastonbury on 09:19 - Jun 29 by Discodroids

I saw another interview with This Kanye West oddity , where he was wa.nking off about Paris and couture fashion and in layman's terms he came across as a complete mincer, complete with the fey mannerisms and all that.

I'd like to add that I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals and I have many gay friends, although obviously you shouldn't read anything into that.

except Akos B. , he's well fkn lush.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 9:19]

I've got nothing against homosexuals, he says as a sign off to a post criticising someone for appearing homosexual
Glastonbury on 10:54 - Jun 29 with 2606 viewsDiscodroids

Glastonbury on 10:37 - Jun 29 by robith

I've got nothing against homosexuals, he says as a sign off to a post criticising someone for appearing homosexual

jesus christ have a day off in the sun, turn over a rock in the garden .. you might find some woodlice with close cropped hair and moustache, gestating to hazell dean records that might need your empowerment vibes.

if you really think im criticising homosexuals your irony detector is not just wobbly or in need of calibration, its just fu ked.

maximum offence. i repeat maximum offence. raise shields. raise shields.

thank fu ck my sister whose a lesbian and my half brother whose gay , does'nt flap like ralph coates fringe ,skinning sammy nelson at brisbane road circa 1977
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 10:56]

Glastonbury on 11:04 - Jun 29 with 2590 viewsrobith

Glastonbury on 10:54 - Jun 29 by Discodroids

jesus christ have a day off in the sun, turn over a rock in the garden .. you might find some woodlice with close cropped hair and moustache, gestating to hazell dean records that might need your empowerment vibes.

if you really think im criticising homosexuals your irony detector is not just wobbly or in need of calibration, its just fu ked.

maximum offence. i repeat maximum offence. raise shields. raise shields.

thank fu ck my sister whose a lesbian and my half brother whose gay , does'nt flap like ralph coates fringe ,skinning sammy nelson at brisbane road circa 1977
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 10:56]

a little light joshing and I get a response about my irony detector. You confuse me disco - happy to dish out the jibes, but every response back is taken as 100% serious. Rather strange for a man whose posts are like reading Vonnegut

appropos of nothing - being related to gay people doesn't suddenly preclude you from being homophobic
Glastonbury on 11:08 - Jun 29 with 2583 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 10:37 - Jun 29 by robith

i suspect it was in reference to bad boy n***a (his words, not mine) Kanye, going from rap gangster to couture wannabee.

KW is so delude and up himself, i think that might have been the point; and Disco has already confessed to wearing DM's and cycling shorts together, so he's almost a lesbian himself!

[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 11:10]
Glastonbury on 11:14 - Jun 29 with 2568 viewsrobith

Glastonbury on 11:08 - Jun 29 by westberksr

i suspect it was in reference to bad boy n***a (his words, not mine) Kanye, going from rap gangster to couture wannabee.

KW is so delude and up himself, i think that might have been the point; and Disco has already confessed to wearing DM's and cycling shorts together, so he's almost a lesbian himself!

[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 11:10]

Kanye West has literally never been a gangster rapper though - his first album is about disappointing his mum by not making it to college. He has always been an artist and an auteur nothing to do with street culture.

You can also convey that without calling someone a "mincer"!
Glastonbury on 11:22 - Jun 29 with 2555 viewsTheBlob

Since when did Rap become Rock ffs?
West is a talentless prat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Glastonbury on 11:26 - Jun 29 with 2521 viewsDiscodroids

Glastonbury on 11:04 - Jun 29 by robith

a little light joshing and I get a response about my irony detector. You confuse me disco - happy to dish out the jibes, but every response back is taken as 100% serious. Rather strange for a man whose posts are like reading Vonnegut

appropos of nothing - being related to gay people doesn't suddenly preclude you from being homophobic

hahaha, great great work from the self appointed larry blackmon of LFW and his codpiece of righteous justice.

great use of 'vonnegut' on a monady morning as well, you must have sat back in your ocean pacific shorts and beamed with pride at that bullet from a gun. is it slang for licking peanut butter from boris beckers gooch ?

god look at the time !!, i need to herd some homosexuals into a holding penn via a cattleprod ..still, plenty of time after that to knock one out to a black and white picture of joe orton in the tangiers circa 1963 , fellating a bloated and heavily sedated ronnie kray on sun bed with babs windsor playing swingball in the backgound.Reggie remaining stoical throughout

what a great world we live in... its as if all my hard work/ campaigning for a QPR Gay , lesbian and transgender supporters group , which i have fought tooth and nail for since the danny dichio podcast was all for nothing...

now i know how harvey milk felt.

[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 11:31]

Glastonbury on 11:45 - Jun 29 with 2500 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 11:14 - Jun 29 by robith

Kanye West has literally never been a gangster rapper though - his first album is about disappointing his mum by not making it to college. He has always been an artist and an auteur nothing to do with street culture.

You can also convey that without calling someone a "mincer"!

so his next album is going to be about disappointing 170,000 people in the West Country!

As for being an artist, i suspect he's primarily a dick then all else comes afterwards. he might not be a ganster rapper but still felt the need for every other word to be N****a; no wonder he didn't get into college.
Glastonbury on 11:57 - Jun 29 with 2473 viewsPeterHucker

Surprised to see people here saying Weller was good. Thought he was abysmal. Hasn't written a decent lyric for 30 years.
Glastonbury on 13:25 - Jun 29 with 2423 viewsR_from_afar

Glastonbury on 23:30 - Jun 27 by queensparker

Enjoying Suede playing The Drowners now. That's more like it

I agree Mona, the fun is seeing the random obscure stuff. It was this time a couple of years ago I first saw The Strypes on the BBC red button, now that's a great band

[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 23:34]

Suede were a highlight for me. A proper band up on stage playing their own tunes, decent tunes at that.

Fentastic and one of the few acts which kept me away from the Sky progs about the Download festival. Clutch and Thunder were good but then I didn't catch that much of the coverage.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Glastonbury on 13:35 - Jun 29 with 2404 viewsR_from_afar

Glastonbury on 09:09 - Jun 29 by Discodroids

did he do penny lover ?

the love song of champions.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 9:20]

A segue into "Stuck on you" would've caused mayhem for the National Grid as millions switched off en masse and ran off to find a bucket...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024