Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green one of our best ever keepers? 00:28 - Feb 14 with 13051 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Phil Parkes
Dave seaman
Rob green
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 0:29]
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 22:55 - Feb 15 with 1735 viewsPommyhoop

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 14:48 - Feb 15 by Monahoop

These would be my top 3 keepers too. Steskjal and Greene would rank closely somewhere after. I remember Steskjal used to get dogs abuse from some fans when he first started, much like Greene did, but once settled and by putting in a few decent shifts attitudes changed.

Some have mentioned Burridge on here. A bit of a character he certainly was and his pre match warm ups were as memorable as some of his performances during a match. Just how many clubs did he play for in his long journeyman career?

29 apparently. .He probably would've stayed on longer for us if it wasn't for the plastic pitch.He couldn't get on with it but Hucker didn't seem to mind it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2015 22:56]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 23:00 - Feb 15 with 1725 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paul Jones?

50 international caps for Wales. He was in his 50s or something when he was with us though and not for long.
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 23:32 - Feb 15 with 1709 viewsCiderwithRsie

Charlie Shaw.

Apparently played 223 games for us before the First World War before going to Celtic for £250, which in those days was enough to buy the Albert Hall. Apparently he was the business and was made captain at Celtic.

Bet you never knew we had a Scottish keeper or that he was any good.

Bit before my time.

I expect Blob remembers him.
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 08:42 - Feb 16 with 1651 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Green's been fantastic. I hope he stays for a while.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 08:50 - Feb 16 with 1648 viewsHordleHoop

Nick Culkin came with high hopes.
Not better than Day I thought. Didn't he have a bad injury?
Knee or something
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 09:43 - Feb 16 with 1624 viewspaulparker

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 23:00 - Feb 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Paul Jones?

50 international caps for Wales. He was in his 50s or something when he was with us though and not for long.

Paul Jones , pulled off one of the best double saves ive seen
was playing Wolves in a terrible game 0-0
ball comes across the six yard box and the striker hits it 1st time , jones parries it onto another wolves striker who from 3 yards out smashes towards the goal
only for jones to get up and tip it round the post ,

was also there for Big Jans debut at home to Norwich , we were 3 down after 20 minutes the papers gave him the headline Dud Czech ,
it was also the game I m pretty sure Bardsley got it in the neck from the Boo Boys

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 10:12 - Feb 16 with 1614 viewsCamberleyR

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 09:43 - Feb 16 by paulparker

Paul Jones , pulled off one of the best double saves ive seen
was playing Wolves in a terrible game 0-0
ball comes across the six yard box and the striker hits it 1st time , jones parries it onto another wolves striker who from 3 yards out smashes towards the goal
only for jones to get up and tip it round the post ,

was also there for Big Jans debut at home to Norwich , we were 3 down after 20 minutes the papers gave him the headline Dud Czech ,
it was also the game I m pretty sure Bardsley got it in the neck from the Boo Boys

Wasn't Stejskal's debut away at Leeds in the Roy Wegerle game?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 10:28 - Feb 16 with 1605 viewspaulparker

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 10:12 - Feb 16 by CamberleyR

Wasn't Stejskal's debut away at Leeds in the Roy Wegerle game?

You could well be right mate

Perhaps im thinking of his Home Debut, i know he had a mare in the 1st few months at Rangers and was dropped for Roberts for about 2 months due to langue problems and our horrific injury record , we had brian laws and gus ceaser for a while
what changed it for Stejskal IMO was saving a sunderland penalty in the 3-2 win ,
(Falco, volley,) he seemed to go from strength to strength after that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 12:16 - Feb 16 with 1577 viewskingsburyR

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 10:34 - Feb 14 by flynnbo

Blob, are you serious? He was shocking apart from one game against Villa. Might as well put forward Rossi

It was a fairly spectacular performance against Villa!

Never have I seen the crowd rise to a goalie then at the end of that game!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024