Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Almeria Dog Homing 10:40 - Jun 26 with 4969 viewsBrightonhoop

Norf, I hope this is alright, can you make it a sticky?

Fellas, I'm setting up a dog homing charity here in Spain. It's a long story but the culture here is brutal, and in this rural area it is not unusual to see hunting dogs strung up by their necks from lamp posts etc, and dogs are just abandoned in the streets, perfectly healthy decent dogs that end up getting gassed in the dog pound. The economic woes have just seen numbers of dumped pets spiral. Many get rehoused and 'exported' to new homes and families out of Spain. My two both came from a dog pound and they are brilliant dogs, a German Shep and a Dalmation.

So, I think I've finally lost my marbles but my first arrivals turn up in about 10 days. I need to replace a perimeter fence on quite a large plot, build a small but long wall, and build a large dog house as well as an isolation pen for any that dont get on. I need to raise around £600 in all to get it established. Once established it will be largely self funding. Never done this before and am not comfortable going out cap in hand but needs must. So if any of you good Gents feel able to make any size donation, please pm me for details, it will be greatly appreciated. Projected turn over will be over a hundred dogs a year, usually in two month stints before they are re-homed permanently. Thank you.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 18:22]
Almeria Dog Homing on 10:44 - Jun 26 with 3464 viewsLblock

How about a just giving link or something?

I'll happily donate.
I live with two bitches and they are the best things in my life... the missus and the dog make going home worthwhile!!!

Let us know details

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Almeria Dog Homing on 10:50 - Jun 26 with 3462 viewsBrightonhoop

Nice one Lblock, thank you. Meanwhile I need to get my head on a Donate button and page later today. Thanks, very much appreciated.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 18:22]
Almeria Dog Homing on 11:10 - Jun 26 with 3438 viewsBrightonhoop

Ok, link to the Donate button is set at http://www.FivewaysOnline.com Scroll down the page and it is the first entry on the left. Cheers fellas.
Almeria Dog Homing on 11:33 - Jun 26 with 3406 viewssimmo

I think it would help if you put a link up straight to the donation page, this one might be it -

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=BRtWxjEo4-GDzutl0XDhe

Maybe put that in the OP for now or get an easier one set up through 'just giving' or some such.

Is it a properly registered thing? That will help give it some credibility. I'll sticky it for the moment anyway.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 11:34]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Almeria Dog Homing on 11:46 - Jun 26 with 3383 viewshoopstilidie

I rehome dogs myself, currently have 5 after one had to be put to sleep on Tuesday.
My neighbours lived in Spain for years, came back last year and brought 4 dogs they'd rescued with them. The stories were horrific.
I'm happily donating.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Almeria Dog Homing on 11:48 - Jun 26 with 3383 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers Simmo. It works quite differently here, but yes later in the year we will register formally as a Charity. At this stage, those costs are 500 Euros just to apply, fuggin ridiculous, so we're in a chicken and egg time. For now, we're relying on donations to get the ball rolling, kennels built, plot fenced and all the peripherals. I've got a Staffie cross coming with 13 pups in 10 days so it's all hands to the pump at the mo. Thanks for making it a sticky.
Almeria Dog Homing on 11:54 - Jun 26 with 3373 viewsGloucs_R

Post some photos of the work you have done to date, will give you some more credibility. I donate to a dog charity every month and could help you out with a donation but in fairness dont know you from Adam....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Almeria Dog Homing on 12:10 - Jun 26 with 3364 viewsBrightonhoop

Totally respect that Gloucesters, there's no obligation. Here's a page now with pics etc. http://www.fivewaysonline.com/#/almeria-dog-fostering/4585234409

Thank you Hoops, it's a very different culture down here, it's the hunting dogs as well as domestics that get it. They are just seen as one more mouth to feed in hard times.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 13:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Almeria Dog Homing on 13:01 - Jun 26 with 3315 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Put a few bob in for you. Well done, man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Almeria Dog Homing on 13:20 - Jun 26 with 3295 viewsTheBlob

Mankind and dogs have been together for 30,000 years.Mankind tamed their skills and gave them a purpose.Dogs helped to drag humanity up from the pit of ignorance to a decent facsimile of civilisation.It burns me up to see the way they are treated.We get scum around here who hang their greyhounds and lurchers when they are of no further use.I always have had rescue dogs,they are the most wonderful creatures and I'd rather have their company than the majority of humans.
Good on yer Jim,I've put in what pennies I can afford at present.(I'm doing the Euro Lottery this week )

Gareth.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Almeria Dog Homing on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 3290 viewsBrightonhoop

Blinding fellas, apart from fund raising for other charities I've never done this before, properly humbled by your generosity, thank you both so much.
Almeria Dog Homing on 13:46 - Jun 26 with 3264 viewscalders

I'd happily donate mate, just lost our 14yr old chocolate lab devastated but realistically new it was coming. Thinking of re,homing a seniour dog 8+ only down side would be the expense, spent over 4k on vets bills in the last 3 years, all the best and good luck with your charity, great cause.
Almeria Dog Homing on 14:09 - Jun 26 with 3240 viewsBrightonhoop

Sorry to hear of your loss Calders, and yes the vet bills can be shocking. Most of ours are youngsters and cost around £250 to import to UK, some of the older ones get fostered and end up staying with ex-pats here but they are harder to house due to the costs. There's a link in the original post, thank you much appreciated. Not blubbed like this since the Play-Off final! I've got to man up!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 14:10]
Almeria Dog Homing on 14:41 - Jun 26 with 3221 viewsMytch_QPR

Hi Brighton,

I've put a bit in, I'll try to send over a little more once I've been paid!
My wife and I have a rescue terrier - Paddy. He's a nutter but great company, and we're so glad we could give him a home. I greatly admire what you are doing - good luck and long may it continue.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Almeria Dog Homing on 15:06 - Jun 26 with 3202 viewsBrightonhoop

Thank you Mytch. Yep they great companions, I reckon they know how close to death they are and are just completely bonkers with a reprieve! :-)
Almeria Dog Homing on 15:37 - Jun 26 with 3185 viewsenfieldargh

have put a few bob in

our dogs have the best life of all the breathing mamals in our household.

In my next life I'm coming back as a Jackrussel/cavalierkingcharlescross!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Almeria Dog Homing on 16:05 - Jun 26 with 3166 viewsDWQPR

Brighton, will sort out a donation later. A friend of my cousin who also lives in Spain , El Cucador, not far from me in Arboleas also does this kind of work and also rescues horses, some of the pictures I have seen are horrific. With the dogs once they are healthy she then sends them to new owners in Holland, cannot remember the reason why, but there are laws in Holland that I think are related to the breeding of dogs which makes the cost of purchasing extremely high. If you want I may be able to put you in touch with her.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Almeria Dog Homing on 16:11 - Jun 26 with 3163 viewsbosh67

Nice one Jim. Your place in heaven is secured. Very much needed there and you are a saint for doing what you do!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Almeria Dog Homing on 16:40 - Jun 26 with 3143 viewsjonno

Great work mate. Rescued a dog from the pound in Paphos Cyprus a couple of years ago, he is such a great dog and everybody just loves him. Doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened to him had the rescue people there not taken him in so he could have a second chance. Bunged you some cash, hope it helps you achieve what you need to do.
Almeria Dog Homing on 17:20 - Jun 26 with 3114 viewsdermyqpr

Brighton, had a nice touch on the nags today so Paypalled ya some coins.

Keep up the good work.
Almeria Dog Homing on 18:25 - Jun 26 with 3080 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers Dermy, Bosh Jonno, very generous thank you. And yes couldn't agree more on the rescue dogs as pets, I guess it's similar in Paphos to Spain.
DW, thank you, yes deffo put me in touch. I couldn't cope with horses, the costs here are just mad. Let me know when you are next down and partake in a beveridge.
Almeria Dog Homing on 21:45 - Jun 26 with 2969 viewsGloucs_R

Good luck Brighton. I have just donated a few coppers to the cause. My Lab was a rescue dog who came from a Welsh puppy farm. If they dont sell them by 6 months they kill them. He was 6.5 months when a lovely lady made an agreement with the farms....dont kill any dogs, give them to her when they are too old to sell and she will stop her endless pursuit of trying to close them down. They petrol bombed her car to start with, now they have a truce and she rehomes many dogs a year.

Almeria Dog Homing on 21:59 - Jun 26 with 2954 viewsBrightonhoop

Almeria Dog Homing on 21:45 - Jun 26 by Gloucs_R

Good luck Brighton. I have just donated a few coppers to the cause. My Lab was a rescue dog who came from a Welsh puppy farm. If they dont sell them by 6 months they kill them. He was 6.5 months when a lovely lady made an agreement with the farms....dont kill any dogs, give them to her when they are too old to sell and she will stop her endless pursuit of trying to close them down. They petrol bombed her car to start with, now they have a truce and she rehomes many dogs a year.

Bloody hell mate, there's some right villains in it all thats for sure. Some peoples committment goes way beyond the call of duty, good on her. And thank you for the donation, very much appreciated. I'm quite overwhelmed at folks genoristy, made a big dent in the costs today, it means so much, thank you all. This old hooped family eh? Best band of brothers in the world.
Almeria Dog Homing on 22:10 - Jun 26 with 2951 viewsGloucs_R

Almeria Dog Homing on 21:59 - Jun 26 by Brightonhoop

Bloody hell mate, there's some right villains in it all thats for sure. Some peoples committment goes way beyond the call of duty, good on her. And thank you for the donation, very much appreciated. I'm quite overwhelmed at folks genoristy, made a big dent in the costs today, it means so much, thank you all. This old hooped family eh? Best band of brothers in the world.

You are very welcome, keep us updated.

Almeria Dog Homing on 01:35 - Jun 27 with 2874 viewsTrance_Trousers

Money sent Brighton.

Good work mate.

Sharpy

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024