Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
will stoke roll over on sunday? 00:29 - May 8 with 7818 viewsshrewranger

not a chance imo.they might hate us but they also hate just about everybody else.i've been chatting to a couple of stoke mates and it seems the natives are a bit restless and that the manager needs a result and a few goals to take the heat off during the close season.horrible club,shite to watch but i cant see them doing bolton any favours.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:48 - May 8 with 1915 viewssimmo

According to Goals on Sunday the chairman was keen to remind Pulis that its 750k a place in the prem. With 3 positions to possibly gain thats over 2mil this game could be worth to them. Add to that they are playing the final game in front of their own fans and will presumably want to give them something for the seasons support etc there could be enough bar the general professionalism to give Bolton enough of a game.

Ultimately though no matter what form or circumstances surround a match put 1 team that NEEDS to win against 1 team that doesnt and there should be one outcome (unless youre Sousa or McLeish type manager). Think of the repercussions for the Bolton players in relegation wage decreases etc on top of the incentives that come with staying in the prem. I am absolutely fearing the worst, and its only feckin Tuesday

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:59 - May 8 with 1896 viewsJamie

At the risk of sounding too positive, Bolton have lost 11 away games this season. The only tea worse than them is us.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:02 - May 8 with 1892 viewsJonDoeman

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:59 - May 8 by Jamie

At the risk of sounding too positive, Bolton have lost 11 away games this season. The only tea worse than them is us.

And Stoke are good at home & we've got Crouchie! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:07 - May 8 with 1874 viewsdaveB

Stoke won't roll over but I'm not sure they are that good a side and if Bolton get things right then they can go and nick a win, won't be easy for them and we have to be favourites to stay up at the moment but I'm still not confident.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:11 - May 8 with 1868 viewssimmo

Im sure the bile/racism directed at Huth via Twitter will not help things....

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:15 - May 8 with 1862 viewsSydneyRs

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:23 - May 8 by westberksr

they had an FA Cup to save themselves for last year & would have all wanted to avoid injury and suspension.

Hopefully this year they will be trying to finish on a high note; they may not be in good form but they don't lose many at home. Also have Crouch on the pitch & Gerry on the bench; they won't want to inadvertantly play a part in our demise.

figners & toes crossed!

this ^^^
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:17 - May 8 with 1857 viewssimmo

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:15 - May 8 by SydneyRs

this ^^^

Is Crouch a QPR fan then? I never knew that....

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:34 - May 8 with 1836 viewsGetMeRangers

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:17 - May 8 by simmo

have a look on the tunnel cam as to how pleased he was after the game ;)
Login to get fewer ads

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:38 - May 8 with 1827 viewsBazWoT

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:17 - May 8 by simmo

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:51 - May 8 with 1816 viewsJonDoeman

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:34 - May 8 by GetMeRangers

I'd like to, sound's good this tunnel cam!

It Is What It Is !!

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:54 - May 8 with 1806 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Three reasons why Stoke will try hard, the same as usual.

1) Statistically teams do just as well at the end of the season when they have nothing to play for as they have done previously. The idea that teams often roll over or are mentally heading for the beach is a football myth.

2) Stoke have £2.25M of prize money to play for, and have good chances of getting above Swansea and Sunderland, and possibly Norwich, if they win.

3) Stoke had to endure Wigan's staying up party last year, a match they tried hard to win. Somehow I doubt if they would want the indignity repeated.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:59 - May 8 with 1796 viewsN12Hoop

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:34 - May 8 by GetMeRangers

Is there a link?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:02 - May 8 with 1789 viewsnedflanders

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 00:36 - May 8 by Northernr

Well they rolled over nice and quietly for Wigan at home on the last day of last season in the same circumstances so I'm not holding out much hope. If you're a Bolton fan you're thinking you're doomed, but I'm a QPR fan so I expect them to win! Bloody football.

Luckily Clive, coming from the Stoke area i can assure you it is definitely a different situation than last season. Last season's final day loss to Wigan was their third game in eight days following their FA Cup final loss and then another loss at hands of Man City away. The FA Cup Final appearance was a massive thing for the club, the players and all the supporters. Win or lose, it was inevitable they would be drained physically and emotionally after that and that is how it panned out. The atmosphere was one of a hangover and in truth, they still did enough to beat Wigan - Al Habsi had a very good game. This year, Pulis is under a little pressure for the first time in a long time and the 5-0 loss at Bolton earlier in season still hurts so will be up for this game. I can also promise you, the Stoke contingent DID NOT enjoy watching Wigan celebrating on their own patch. Add the fact Wheater misses out which for this game is a real loss it all looks a little rosier. HOWEVER, as QPR fans, pessimism is ingrained in our DNA - and for good reason- so i too will remain pessimistic until the final ball has been kicked....!
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:06 - May 8 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

To be fair if you were a Bolton fan you'd be thinking
- we were two points behind with two games in hand and we blew that
- we played last week against a team that had never beaten us on our own ground in 12 attempts who were also on a very poor run of away form and lost 4-1
- we played a team at the weekend with nothing to play for and the manager leaving and drew 2-2 having led 2-0 ten minutes from time

I can't imagine many Bolton fans think they're going to win. Just QPR fans!!
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:18 - May 8 with 1754 viewswestberksr

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:06 - May 8 by Northernr

To be fair if you were a Bolton fan you'd be thinking
- we were two points behind with two games in hand and we blew that
- we played last week against a team that had never beaten us on our own ground in 12 attempts who were also on a very poor run of away form and lost 4-1
- we played a team at the weekend with nothing to play for and the manager leaving and drew 2-2 having led 2-0 ten minutes from time

I can't imagine many Bolton fans think they're going to win. Just QPR fans!!

Clive

that is dangerously close to being positive

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:20 - May 8 with 1696 viewsGetMeRangers

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 12:59 - May 8 by N12Hoop

Is there a link?

Here is the link, but it is on QPR Player..
http://www.qpr.co.uk/articles/20120508/tunnelcam-post-stoke_2264332_2762909
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:39 - May 8 with 1673 viewsTheBlob

Just put £100 on Crouchy first goalscorer at 6/1,goooooo on my suuuunnnnnn....like finding money in the street .

Poll: So how was the season for you?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:45 - May 8 with 1664 viewskingo

Lets put it this way, we can do the pros and cons all week long but I would much rather be in our position than Boltons. Points on the board everytime.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:50 - May 8 with 1654 viewsGroveR

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:26 - May 8 by Jamie

Gillingham.

ATAF.

Walters' last Prem goal was Dec 31st against Wigan and he has 5 Prem goals all season.

I honestly thought it was Estonia (I was there).
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:53 - May 8 with 1646 viewsNorthernr

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:18 - May 8 by westberksr

Clive

that is dangerously close to being positive

Nah mate I think they'll win, but that's what most Bolton fans will be saying.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 14:27 - May 8 with 1601 viewstooting_hoop

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 13:39 - May 8 by TheBlob

Just put £100 on Crouchy first goalscorer at 6/1,goooooo on my suuuunnnnnn....like finding money in the street .

I feel obliged to point out that actually, it's more like going to your bank account, taking out £100 that you have worked your arse off to earn, and risking it on an unlikely outcome.

Just saying like. In the interest of balance.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 14:28 - May 8 with 1599 viewstooting_hoop

Won't matter as I think we will get a point from our game.

I think Bolton will win though.

Squeaky bum time as someone once said.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 14:41 - May 8 with 1564 viewsGetMeRangers

The logical/illogical twists and turns of a final Sunday might suggest.... Mancilty late equaliser, after ManU have just surrendered a lead... so sending the title to the blue corner of manchester... if you look on the bright side.

On the dark side, Bolton will snatch a winner at the death and we lose at ManCity, so ensuring ManUre miss out and we get relegated
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 14:42 - May 8 with 1560 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Well I for one...

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 14:56 - May 8 with 1540 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024