Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play to the Beeb 21:08 - Sep 14 with 2149 viewscolinallcars

Gary Lineker introducing Last Night At The Proms….it was only a spoof but it worried a few of us….then the opening with symphonic arrangements of sporting theme music, Match of the Day etc.
Fair play to the Beeb on 17:11 - Sep 15 with 1511 viewsPaddyhoops

Seen that . Superb rendition of Jerusalem. Can never understand how it’s not your national anthem.
Fair play to the Beeb on 17:24 - Sep 15 with 1463 viewsHantsR

That composition/ arrangement 'extra time' by Farrington was super. I chuckled at the performance by orchestra and choir that included an offside flag, yellow card and even a Mexican wave by the choir. It was very enjoyable and the whole evening was great entertainment with some great singing and playing.
Fair play to the Beeb on 17:55 - Sep 15 with 1372 viewscolinallcars

Donkey's ago, I used to work for the Keith Prowse ticket agency.
I was saturated in culture. Unsold tickets on the day of a performance were given free to staff.
I saw lots of plays and visited the Albert Hall for concerts.
Love Last Night.
Fair play to the Beeb on 19:01 - Sep 15 with 1214 viewsColesIndyRs

Fair play to the Beeb on 17:11 - Sep 15 by Paddyhoops

Seen that . Superb rendition of Jerusalem. Can never understand how it’s not your national anthem.

Boring answer but the current national anthem is for Great Britain, Jerusalem could not be used as it mentions England by name which would upset certain areas of the country.
England technically does not have a national anthem if it did it should be Jerusalem (or the theme from the Archers). Jerusalem is used in the Commonwealth games and the Cricket though.
Fair play to the Beeb on 20:49 - Sep 15 with 953 viewsHammersmithR

Have still never understood why when England play in football, rugby etc. we have to sing God Save the King when in the same sports Wales, Scotland etc. get to sing their own anthems. I can understand GSTK in the Olympics for example when we are Britain. Jerusalem, Land of Hope and Glory would be far better for England.
Fair play to the Beeb on 22:36 - Sep 15 with 707 viewscolinallcars

Fair play to the Beeb on 20:49 - Sep 15 by HammersmithR

Have still never understood why when England play in football, rugby etc. we have to sing God Save the King when in the same sports Wales, Scotland etc. get to sing their own anthems. I can understand GSTK in the Olympics for example when we are Britain. Jerusalem, Land of Hope and Glory would be far better for England.

As a beer lover, I'd prefer Land Of Hops And Glory.
Fair play to the Beeb on 23:02 - Sep 15 with 635 views222gers

Ah, Land Of Hope And Glory….love to make music to.
Oh, ‘ang on a minnit….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024