Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shithousery 08:55 - Aug 18 with 6718 viewsdmm

We're only just into the new season and I've already had enough with the new 'time wasting' rules, and not only because the budgies scored in the 9th minute of extra time. This puts it perfectly...

Time-wasting in football is ugly, maddening – and absolutely vital: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/aug/17/time-wasting-in-football-i
Shithousery on 11:23 - Sep 24 with 1051 viewsnix

Shithousery on 10:57 - Sep 24 by RsinWales

This ^^^ absolutely.

It was farcical and frustrating. I hated it when others did it and I hated it when we did it. To be honest, I was beginning to get embarrassed at the whole charade.

I don't particularly want to spend an extra ten minutes in the ground, but I would much rather that than watch some bloke pull up with a leg injury and then begin holding his head (after no contact at all) so the referee is obliged to stop play. Can't remember which game it was last season, but that is exactly what happened.

When a player even abuses a rule that is there to protect his and his colleagues' health, you can be sure the cheating has gone waaaaaayyyy too far.

Yeah, I remember that match. The guy had come off after treatment for a leg injury and then they'd obviously told him to go down clutching his head because he went back on and immediately went up for a 50/50 ball with no contact, came down holding his head, and then got the additional concussion sub because they'd used all their subs by that point. Awful abuse of the rules.
Shithousery on 11:39 - Sep 24 with 988 viewsstowmarketrange

Shithousery on 11:23 - Sep 24 by nix

Yeah, I remember that match. The guy had come off after treatment for a leg injury and then they'd obviously told him to go down clutching his head because he went back on and immediately went up for a 50/50 ball with no contact, came down holding his head, and then got the additional concussion sub because they'd used all their subs by that point. Awful abuse of the rules.

Peterborough was the game in question.They we’re winning surprisingly.
Shithousery on 12:34 - Sep 24 with 882 viewsLazyFan

The way to end this is to make the clock transparent. We have the technology it can be done.

So, when the referee stops the watch, we can all see it in real-time on the scoreboard. When the ref forgets to do this for whatever reason the crowd will get angry and it will stop.

Soon, everyone will realise that games are going on for 100 mins, at this point the FA will tell the refs start getting the cards out. And then it will start to go down to 96 mns. Then the refs will be told start using them more often and we shall be back to 93 mins like the good old days.

The only way to stop this is to make the clock transparent. Then there are no arguments. Refs that don't follow it will be complained about and no longer ref games.

At the moment they can get away with it as no one really knows at the time the real time that has gone by. Only the ref and we know they don't care.

Make it real-time transparent and this will end it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Shithousery on 13:39 - Sep 24 with 821 viewsQPunkR

Shithousery on 11:02 - Sep 24 by Watford_Ranger

An old gripe but two examples watching MOTD. Feigning injury to get a player sent off. Gibbs-White and Lockyer both acting like they’ve been hit by cannon. Fair enough if the rules mean that’s “violent” conduct but especially with VAR why not clamp down on what is obviously unsportsmanlike
conduct by rolling around on the floor because someone has briefly touched your neck.

I like the sound of this Cannon fella the more I read about him - already taking out players in the division above!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024