Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A horrible new low — Report 00:11 - Mar 16 with 7831 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59836
A horrible new low — Report on 12:21 - Mar 16 with 1958 viewsWegerles_Stairs

A horrible new low — Report on 12:16 - Mar 16 by ParkRoyalR

I always think back to that pre-season friendly at Borehamwood away with Oteh and Shodipo leading our attack and genuinely thinking Borehamwood had a better squad than we had,

Warburton worked a miracle to get us to where he did in such a short space of time imo, don't want to go there, but I for one agree with Simon Jordan comments on his contract not being renewed, saying he was a victim of his over-achievements.

Yeah, under Warburton you never went into a match thinking we were going to lose. We always had a chance. Whereas now.....

Got to admit I'd have him back in a shot as DoF. I know the Brentford guy on here is critical of him but he'd be a major upgrade on the current incumbent.
A horrible new low — Report on 12:28 - Mar 16 with 1929 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Blackpool looking like Brazil 1970.

A horrible new low — Report on 13:02 - Mar 16 with 1884 viewsSuperhoop83

A horrible new low — Report on 12:16 - Mar 16 by ParkRoyalR

I always think back to that pre-season friendly at Borehamwood away with Oteh and Shodipo leading our attack and genuinely thinking Borehamwood had a better squad than we had,

Warburton worked a miracle to get us to where he did in such a short space of time imo, don't want to go there, but I for one agree with Simon Jordan comments on his contract not being renewed, saying he was a victim of his over-achievements.

I still can't get over the difference between the Watford and Blackpool performances.

It was like watching Star Wars on the Saturday and The Phantom Menace on the Tuesday.

Suffering since 1978.

A horrible new low — Report on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 1767 viewsBurnleyhoop

A horrible new low — Report on 10:03 - Mar 16 by QPROslo

My main gripe would be ging Amos a 3. I thought he was with Dickie the worst performer of the evening. I guess Amos has some excuse in that he has hardly played in a long time.

Sure you haven’t got him mixed up with Dozzell?
A horrible new low — Report on 13:54 - Mar 16 with 1735 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ainsworth was glowing in his praise of Dozzell Saturday night and how proud he was of putting his hand up to come off for the good of the team." Gaffer I have nothing left etc''.
This kid has not played much and contributed less yet he cannot withstand 90 minutes of a tough game for the love of fu*k give me a break.
GA readily admits the whole team was knackered too then runs them back out in a critical game a few days later I just do not get it .
Blackpool made 6 changes played like Man City we played like a sunday pub team after a rough night its frustrating and sickening
We can still salvage the week with a win Saturday and take 6 points out of 9 lets focus on that
A horrible new low — Report on 13:57 - Mar 16 with 1726 viewsR_from_afar

Grim reading, but surely even grimmer to compose. Thanks anyway.

Based on the match reports, it looks like all bets are off when it comes to who will be our player of the season: It's going to be N/A

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

A horrible new low — Report on 14:04 - Mar 16 with 1717 viewsw7r

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else love it when Clive gets all shouty ragey? You can actually see the angry froth seeping from the page.

It's an absolute shiitshow on the pitch, but the reports are gold - thanks Clive.
A horrible new low — Report on 15:12 - Mar 16 with 1574 viewsbosh67

A horrible new low — Report on 14:04 - Mar 16 by w7r

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else love it when Clive gets all shouty ragey? You can actually see the angry froth seeping from the page.

It's an absolute shiitshow on the pitch, but the reports are gold - thanks Clive.

Seconded.

Clive's use of expletives is Oscar Wilde like. If our team was 10% as good as his reports we'd be fine.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

A horrible new low — Report on 15:13 - Mar 16 with 1571 viewsdaveB

A horrible new low — Report on 12:05 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

For all his shortcomings, I'm really seeing Warburton in a different light now. Despite working under the dopey DoF and his PE teachers, he still made us competitive and got us playing good football. Yes, we fell apart at the back end of last season but it was nothing like this.

He did spend a lot of money to achieve that and we were pretty hopeless before he was able to bring in Austin and co. he dId a good job for us but part of why we are where are now is his over spending last year and failure to make it count
A horrible new low — Report on 15:23 - Mar 16 with 1545 viewsPeterHucker

A horrible new low — Report on 11:02 - Mar 16 by ParkRoyalR

Very funny (don't now how to do emoji's), maybe the first time ever for a half-mark and go 2.5 each!

I do find it bizarre that Clive writes these long, detailed match reports which no doubt take him a considerable amount of time, only for people to quibble over the marks out of 10.

Those marks are just Clive's view everyone, you don't have to agree with it!

There's already a facility on this website for the likes of us to give our marks out of 10 for each game. So just post your marks there & don't bother Clive if you happen to disagree with his.
A horrible new low — Report on 15:25 - Mar 16 with 1539 viewsRangersw12

A horrible new low — Report on 15:13 - Mar 16 by daveB

He did spend a lot of money to achieve that and we were pretty hopeless before he was able to bring in Austin and co. he dId a good job for us but part of why we are where are now is his over spending last year and failure to make it count

All managers want more players and bigger budgets but then it goes back to the DOF and CEO who knowing our finances shouldn't of allowed a manager to overspend

They're the reason why we're in this mess.
A horrible new low — Report on 15:45 - Mar 16 with 1511 viewsdaveB

A horrible new low — Report on 15:25 - Mar 16 by Rangersw12

All managers want more players and bigger budgets but then it goes back to the DOF and CEO who knowing our finances shouldn't of allowed a manager to overspend

They're the reason why we're in this mess.

yeah of course, I don't think it's all down to one person, been a collective thing, they over spent and it was a calculated gamble given at the time we had 4/5 players you'd have thought we could sell last summer but loss of form and injuries for those players meant they stayed and now we're a bit stuck
A horrible new low — Report on 15:52 - Mar 16 with 1468 viewsWegerles_Stairs

A horrible new low — Report on 15:23 - Mar 16 by PeterHucker

I do find it bizarre that Clive writes these long, detailed match reports which no doubt take him a considerable amount of time, only for people to quibble over the marks out of 10.

Those marks are just Clive's view everyone, you don't have to agree with it!

There's already a facility on this website for the likes of us to give our marks out of 10 for each game. So just post your marks there & don't bother Clive if you happen to disagree with his.

Clive needs to sort it out as the lowest we can currently give players is a 1.
A horrible new low — Report on 16:02 - Mar 16 with 1441 viewsDamo1962

A horrible new low — Report on 15:12 - Mar 16 by bosh67

Seconded.

Clive's use of expletives is Oscar Wilde like. If our team was 10% as good as his reports we'd be fine.

Thirded. The "thick as..." characterization's...are pure gold 🙂
A horrible new low — Report on 16:11 - Mar 16 with 1435 viewsjoe90

Good report, though there is one point of disagreement; Dozzell should have got 0 in the player ratings.
A horrible new low — Report on 16:14 - Mar 16 with 1427 viewsNoelmc

A tough read and much tougher for you to write. Appreciate your efforts and the black humour.
A horrible new low — Report on 16:33 - Mar 16 with 1397 viewsNewBee

A horrible new low — Report on 12:21 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah, under Warburton you never went into a match thinking we were going to lose. We always had a chance. Whereas now.....

Got to admit I'd have him back in a shot as DoF. I know the Brentford guy on here is critical of him but he'd be a major upgrade on the current incumbent.

Re your second paragraph, curiously enough, MW was originally* Bees'
Sporting Director (equivalent to Director of Football) while Uwe Rosler was Manager, and Matthew Benham persuaded him to apply for/take the Manager's job when Rosler left.

And in this video, he speaks briefly about the SD's role, including how the Manager must always have the final say on new signings etc:

(And yes, the guy with the video camera was at least three yards offside!)

* - I say "originally", but he also had a short spell as Assistant Manager to Nicky Foster, when the latter was briefly our Manager.
A horrible new low — Report on 16:48 - Mar 16 with 1353 viewsSuperhoop83

A horrible new low — Report on 14:04 - Mar 16 by w7r

You should have seen Clive picking up his rental car from Blackpool Airport!

Suffering since 1978.

A horrible new low — Report on 16:57 - Mar 16 with 1344 viewsVancouverHoop

A horrible new low — Report on 13:54 - Mar 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Ainsworth was glowing in his praise of Dozzell Saturday night and how proud he was of putting his hand up to come off for the good of the team." Gaffer I have nothing left etc''.
This kid has not played much and contributed less yet he cannot withstand 90 minutes of a tough game for the love of fu*k give me a break.
GA readily admits the whole team was knackered too then runs them back out in a critical game a few days later I just do not get it .
Blackpool made 6 changes played like Man City we played like a sunday pub team after a rough night its frustrating and sickening
We can still salvage the week with a win Saturday and take 6 points out of 9 lets focus on that

I thought it was a little strange that after the Watford match Ainsworth, in so many words, said he was going to run out the same eleven against Blackpool. Admittedly he had few options but there's no need to confirm it to your next opponents. Naivete perhaps, but a mistake nevertheless.
A horrible new low — Report on 17:01 - Mar 16 with 1331 viewsHayesender

I'm actually starting to worry about how bad we've gotta play for Clive just to go "fck it"

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A horrible new low — Report on 18:46 - Mar 16 with 1183 viewsR_from_afar

A horrible new low — Report on 16:02 - Mar 16 by Damo1962

Thirded. The "thick as..." characterization's...are pure gold 🙂

The world has the Richter Scale for earthquakes, the Beaufort Scale for winds and...sigh...the QPR Scale for footballing ineptitude

Without Clive's match reports, the self-help group which is Loft for Words and the cutting edge wit from all you lot, supporting QPR would be banned under The Geneva Convention. It would simply be too dangerous.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

A horrible new low — Report on 18:53 - Mar 16 with 1164 viewsHayesender

Maybe I'm a bit of a sado masochist, but reading clives reports after another loss really does make me chuckle.

Absolute gold

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A horrible new low — Report on 19:33 - Mar 16 with 1099 viewsNorthernr

A horrible new low — Report on 17:01 - Mar 16 by Hayesender

I'm actually starting to worry about how bad we've gotta play for Clive just to go "fck it"

This is as close as it's been.
A horrible new low — Report on 19:45 - Mar 16 with 1076 viewsdenhamhoop2

A horrible new low — Report on 19:33 - Mar 16 by Northernr

This is as close as it's been.

Very surprised this wasn't your Mic Drop match Report which concerns me that you feel we can get worse
A horrible new low — Report on 20:19 - Mar 16 with 1028 viewsnomar

The result didn’t overly shock me. It was more disgust and dismay at how good we can make genuinely awful teams look.

Most weekends now I shake my head because I genuinely don’t think that, if someone gave you a ‘Brewster’s Millions’ type challenge where you have to actually assemble the worst team you could possibly put together and try and lose every game you play, you’d genuinely be able to do it.

Some way, somehow, they’d win games even when they were flat out trying to lose.

But, this lot….. they have genuinely mastered this challenge. The only thing that amazes me is that they can consistently be the most inept, useless, disinterested bunch of professional footballers anyone on this planet will ever witness.

You truly couldn’t make a worse team if your life depended on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024