Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Growing old etc PROSTRATE 17:43 - Oct 11 with 8250 viewscharmr

Anyone been able to shrink it (apparently it’s due to inflammation) a natural way.

Caffeine and alcohol first to go suggested my doctor. Who’s name is Strain.

Thanks
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 17:48 - Oct 11 with 5080 viewsLblock

Pomegranate very good

Lots of water

If you go “surgical” then steam etc the way - PM me if you want the details for a top notch fella

Thankfully sounds like you’re not actually Prostate Cancer case so take huge comfort in that.
Keep regular check on your PSA

Other people of this ‘ere Parish in similar boats
Just keep on sailing

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 19:28 - Oct 11 with 4982 viewsPaddyhoops

Avoid the daily tablet the doctors prescribe. Usually Tamasuliin .
Lots of side effects.
As said, avoid caffeine . Lots of water but not in copious amounts.
Little and often.
Most of all, Cut down on sugar . I find too many sweet things can make it a lot worse .
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:17 - Oct 11 with 4922 viewsted_hendrix

Been In hospital for the best part of today, today I had my catheter replaced after It was installed late one night In hospital three weeks ago as believe It or not my bladder was just about to literally explode as I couldn't pee, I had Nurses Doctors and all sorts around me bed and they were honestly just brilliant.
I had previously had my prostrate examined countless times but unknowingly It had recently been pressing on my organs downstairs thus causing a urine Infection that nearly done for me (literally)
The catheter Is a life saver albeit agony to have fitted and I've now got It installed In my bladder for the next three Months with the piss bag having to be manually drained every 3--4 hours from a bag strapped to my leg.

Said It before and I'll say It until the day I drop dead but If there Is a God then may he bless those People who work In our National Health system.

I'm 74 Years Young.

I've been on Tamulosin for a few Years without any side effects.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:24 - Oct 11 with 4904 viewsPaddyhoops

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:17 - Oct 11 by ted_hendrix

Been In hospital for the best part of today, today I had my catheter replaced after It was installed late one night In hospital three weeks ago as believe It or not my bladder was just about to literally explode as I couldn't pee, I had Nurses Doctors and all sorts around me bed and they were honestly just brilliant.
I had previously had my prostrate examined countless times but unknowingly It had recently been pressing on my organs downstairs thus causing a urine Infection that nearly done for me (literally)
The catheter Is a life saver albeit agony to have fitted and I've now got It installed In my bladder for the next three Months with the piss bag having to be manually drained every 3--4 hours from a bag strapped to my leg.

Said It before and I'll say It until the day I drop dead but If there Is a God then may he bless those People who work In our National Health system.

I'm 74 Years Young.

Hope you’re feeling better Ted .
Should have said , Tamssulin works for lots of people. Just not for me .
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:25 - Oct 11 with 4894 viewsBoston

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:17 - Oct 11 by ted_hendrix

I'm 74 Years Young.

I've got a lot to look forward too.
[Post edited 12 Oct 0:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:28 - Oct 11 with 4893 viewsted_hendrix

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:24 - Oct 11 by Paddyhoops

Good Man Paddy.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:41 - Oct 11 with 4850 viewsPaddyhoops

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:25 - Oct 11 by Boston

I've got a lot to look forward too.
[Post edited 12 Oct 0:57]

Lots of men suffer in silence with it . There’s no need to and certainly no stigma attached to it.
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:53 - Oct 11 with 4786 viewsGaryHaddock

My doctor has hands like Pat Jennings so not looking forward to getting this particular issue checked.
Login to get fewer ads

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 22:28 - Oct 11 with 4633 viewsHAYESBOY

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:53 - Oct 11 by GaryHaddock

My doctor has hands like Pat Jennings so not looking forward to getting this particular issue checked.

Luckily I got Jeremy Beadle.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 22:53 - Oct 11 with 4490 viewsLblock

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 20:24 - Oct 11 by Paddyhoops

I’m on this so just wondering what side effects you refer to?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 23:48 - Oct 11 with 4464 viewssilky

Prolonged Fasting is also a great way to help it. Go short to start with 24hrs, then over a few months try and increase it to a 48, 72 hour water only fast.

The results speak for themselves! Huge fan of fasting in general for good health.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 00:20 - Oct 12 with 4375 viewscharmr

All the best Ted
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 03:06 - Oct 12 with 4292 viewsswisscottage

Natural ways?
Healthy diet and exercise, healthy body composition(below 20% body fat), low alcohol intake, no smoking.

Be careful of fasting. I’m not saying not to but if not done properly it’s a one way route to sarcopenia in the over 60s
[Post edited 12 Oct 3:09]
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 08:30 - Oct 12 with 4121 viewsBklynRanger

Look after yourself Ted.

I've got a very low PSA apparently, which I put down to drinking a lot of green tea for decades.

But I do feel a change in the old walnut as I'm getting older. Seems I'll have to make a couple more lifestyle changes then. Fcukin ell...
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 09:34 - Oct 12 with 4007 viewsPaddyhoops

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 22:53 - Oct 11 by Lblock

I’m on this so just wondering what side effects you refer to?

Had more of laxative effect on me .
Let’s put it this way . The arse fell out of my world on more than one occasion.
Works for some not for others.
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 09:35 - Oct 12 with 4007 viewsQPerthR

Just got tested I’m 58 normal levels 0.50to 3.50 . I’m 5.5 that of a 70-80year old male…

I’ve got an infection that I’m on my 3 lot of tablets to get rid off …That could be raising my levels …I have to wait 2 months after I’ve got rid of infection in Australia before I can see a urologist
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 10:35 - Oct 12 with 3907 viewsloftboy

Had a camera put down the endof my japs eye a couple of years ago, I have had blood showing in my urine since 1997 and they can’t find reason for it. ( I can’t see it but it shown up in tests)
The first piss after the procedure was the equivalent of passing a bag of razor blades.
Every birthday I get the poo sample kit sent to me.
The NHS have been superb with me as they were for my late dad when he was diagnosed with kidney cancer.
Any doubts chaps no matter how minor you think it is get down the drs and let them decide if it’s serious or not.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:03 - Oct 12 with 3766 viewssupahoopsa

Just on my way out to have my annual PSA test done. Look up the Lions club online and they do appointments across the country, I think it's only about £10/£20.

Well worth having it done. I lost my half brother to Prostate cancer at just 55. He battled it for 8 years

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:09 - Oct 12 with 3743 viewsessextaxiboy

I had steam treatment for enlarged prostate a year ago . It was called Rezum . I had a PSA of 0.39 so wasnt too worried that it was something worse.
I had the camera , not as bad as you would think . Consultant turned the screen round and gave me a guided tour of my bladder .
Hoping to get discharged on Monday . Happy to share details if anyone is offered this treatment .
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:13 - Oct 12 with 3731 viewsessextaxiboy

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:03 - Oct 12 by supahoopsa

Just on my way out to have my annual PSA test done. Look up the Lions club online and they do appointments across the country, I think it's only about £10/£20.

Well worth having it done. I lost my half brother to Prostate cancer at just 55. He battled it for 8 years

Freemasons also do a screening programme though a charity called CHAPS . The dates and locations are on their website
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:27 - Oct 12 with 3673 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes think everyone should get themselves regularly checked out around these kind of issues as you get older.

My dad and his two brothers both had prostate cancer.

My dad and one of my uncles lived with it successfully after treatment and monitoring for twenty years both. Died of other conditions but my other uncle who was type never got to the doctors it was too far advanced and passed away much younger as it was too aggressive for treatment.

As a relative with hereditary issues, the advice was to get checked out onceu I got to 50. Didn't have the PSA tests as they said had ten percent possibilities of being impotent or incontinent, neither of which I was greatly wishing for !!

But the very attractive young Asian female doctor put on her rubber gloves, and stuck her finger up my bum, and no signs of inflammation, and a very unusual occurrence for me to occur on a Monday morning !!! You are asked if you require a chaperone when this kind of procedure is done.these days. Had that when had a vasectomy also. I guess it may help some people to have this.

But yes there was no real test. Took my dad over many years to have his PSA checked over many years and it was always controlled.

Know it's not the same as your situations but do advise all on here, get checked out regularly and definitely don't put anything off if any particular concerns, most things can be dealt with well these days as long as medical intervention as early as possible.

The more regular peeing was another symptom which although common for nearly all men when you get older, from my perspective always best to get checked out as soon as possible.

And if you want find out information go on the NHS website seriously do not do Doctor Google. Doctor Google is not very well qualified to give opinions that are often not real !!!

Good luck to all with medical concerns...

Even Chelsea fans !+!!!
[Post edited 12 Oct 12:29]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:37 - Oct 12 with 3690 viewsHantsR

One thing I discovered was that when I had a blood test for PSA, one shouldn't have a lot of physical exercise, especially sex on the morning of the test. I'll say no more.
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 12:47 - Oct 12 with 3645 viewsPhildo

When I got the bowel cancer check the first thing that happened was the doctor stuck his finger up my arse and said 'ooh....., nice little prostate'

I felt like an extra in a carry on film.
Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 13:40 - Oct 12 with 3503 viewsstainrods_elbow

Being a man of a certain age, the statistics, damned lies and statistics do give me pause for concern about my prostate, whereas in the past (which I thought the thread must be about), being prostRate before the end of the evening tended to be more the occupational hazard.

Which made me think of that darkly hilarious line from the suicidal poetess Sylvia Path: 'I am vertical / But I would rather be horizontal'.

Anyway, get it checked.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Growing old etc PROSTRATE on 14:21 - Oct 12 with 3477 viewsGaryHaddock

When I got mine checked the doctor said ‘don’t get a boner this time’.

I said ‘don’t worry I won’t’ to which he replied ‘I wasn’t talking to you’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024