Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago 19:52 - Jul 28 with 5950 viewsbosh67

Apologies if this is a Spackman but...

God I wish he was 5 years younger again!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 19:57 - Jul 28 with 4836 viewsdandaqpr

Yeah I saw that and commented . Great player, wonderful human 🔵⚪️🔵⚪️🔵⚪️
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 20:00 - Jul 28 with 4758 viewsSheffieldHoop

Footballing icon. To go from being a Step 5 striker to scoring 18 Premier League goals in a crap QPR side is basically unbelievable. Roy of the Rovers stuff. Deserves more credit than he gets.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 20:11 - Jul 28 with 4715 viewsJevlar

Absolutely love this.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 21:22 - Jul 28 with 4451 viewsconnell10

I was impressed with this , didn't have to say this , love Charlie ❤

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 22:42 - Jul 28 with 4211 viewsSK_hoops

2nd favourite ever QPR player after Ferdinand. Even then, I only caught the tail end of Les playing for us.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 22:46 - Jul 28 with 4183 viewscolinallcars

I remember years back it was rumoured he was about to join FC Union Berlin.
He'd have been Checkpoint Charlie.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 23:43 - Jul 28 with 4039 views222gers

My neighbour Hans is from Berlin, he lives with his daughters Knees and Boomps -a- daisy.
He defected over the Berlin wall in the 70s.
Of course, they have toilets there now.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 03:17 - Jul 29 with 3873 viewsrbee

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 22:42 - Jul 28 by SK_hoops

2nd favourite ever QPR player after Ferdinand. Even then, I only caught the tail end of Les playing for us.

So refreshing to hear Charlie talk like that about our club.

Spurs supporting Les says that his time at Newcastle was the best of his career.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 04:06 - Jul 29 with 3847 viewsGloucs_R

How can you not love Charlie!

My kids favourite player.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 06:07 - Jul 29 with 3769 viewsGaryBannister86

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 03:17 - Jul 29 by rbee

Spurs supporting Les says that his time at Newcastle was the best of his career.

Totally unnecessary dig at Les. Austin brilliant in the Prem for us but not fit enough to lace even one of Les' boots. Of course Newcastle was the best time of Les' career - playing with great players, nearly winning the league.

Even Super Ray wouldn't have said playing so long for us was better than his England caps?
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 06:31 - Jul 29 with 3728 viewsrbee

Super Ray nearly always mentioned us.

Sorry, it's just the QPR fan in me. Les is a club legend, he played more games for us, scored more goals for us but will always talk about when he played for Newcastle and Spurs first.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 07:22 - Jul 29 with 3636 viewsGaryBannister86

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 06:31 - Jul 29 by rbee

Sorry, it's just the QPR fan in me. Les is a club legend, he played more games for us, scored more goals for us but will always talk about when he played for Newcastle and Spurs first.

No, I am with you, and my anti Begovic stance proves it, but I think Les had more than a soft spot for us - or at least used to before the Evil Les brigade came out.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 07:41 - Jul 29 with 3573 viewspaulhoop2

Makes me mad when people slate Charlie he got stick 2nd time around which was unwarranted. Lovely guy good player

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 07:48 - Jul 29 with 3517 viewsstainrods_elbow

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 07:41 - Jul 29 by paulhoop2

Makes me mad when people slate Charlie he got stick 2nd time around which was unwarranted. Lovely guy good player

It was super-warranted, I'm sorry to say, but I try to remember the good times.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 09:59 - Jul 29 with 3267 viewsnick_hammersmith

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 03:17 - Jul 29 by rbee

Les got loads of shit from fans when he was first playing.
Then once he was in the squad and doing well, getting England call ups everytime a transfer offer came in the manager would threaten to quit if we sold Les.

I can probably see where he is coming from to be fair
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 10:22 - Jul 29 with 3189 viewsSonic_Hoop

A peak Austin at the club now (and one or 2 more signings) and I'd be dreaming of an unlikely tilt at the playoffs.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 10:33 - Jul 29 with 3159 viewsngbqpr

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 06:31 - Jul 29 by rbee

Les stayed at least one, arguably two seasons longer than he needed to (and than his modern equivalent would).

Never, ever agitated to leave in public (unlike many others - including popular players like Sinton & Fenwick).

That'll do me.

And for all the mixed results of his DoF tenure, he clearly came back to do that role because of his feelings for the club. He wouldn't have rocked up to do that job at, say, Watford or Charlton.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 12:42 - Jul 29 with 2967 viewsDavieQPR

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 10:33 - Jul 29 by ngbqpr

Les stayed at least one, arguably two seasons longer than he needed to (and than his modern equivalent would).

Never, ever agitated to leave in public (unlike many others - including popular players like Sinton & Fenwick).

That'll do me.

And for all the mixed results of his DoF tenure, he clearly came back to do that role because of his feelings for the club. He wouldn't have rocked up to do that job at, say, Watford or Charlton.

Think he would have if the power and money were there.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 2933 viewsCiderwithRsie

That'll do me.

I always remember that sh*te season after he'd left, being in the bar at Loftus Road after some match, with the TV on, and Les being interviewed.

Interviewer says something like "I expect after every final whistle, you check what the Man Utd result was?"

"No, the first result I always check is the QPR score."
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 13:59 - Jul 29 with 2758 viewsrbee

That'll do me.

Yes i remember Fenwick, he never let up. Hated his two footed tackles.

Don't remember Andy Sinton wanting to leave though and he says in every interview that he didn't want to leave.
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 14:22 - Jul 29 with 2632 viewsSheffieldHoop

That'll do me.

Don't wanna join in on any Les bashing - Too young to remember his playing career with us, and old enough not to join in on the "Evil Les" stuff - But weren't we in for him around the 05/06 season and he opted to go to Reading and then Watford over us? Were we ever really in for him at that time? I couldn't imagine Ollie saying no. Were wages an issue perhaps?

I remember him playing for Reading (I think) at Loftus Road that season and was applauded every time he touched the ball. The only other player I'd seen us do that for was Trevor Sinclair playing for Man City in 2003. Meanwhile, Seaman got pelters that night. Felt it was all a little OTT at the time. How times change with Seaman in forever R's, the whole Evil Les episode, and Sinclair killing his own media career!!

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 15:18 - Jul 29 with 2547 viewsRangers67

I don,t get the giving Charlie a hard time people. Some people have very short memories. If Lyndon had 10% of Charlies ability he would be twice the player he is now. Charlie wasn,t blessed with great pace but boy did he know where to be at the right time. For me a club legend
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 18:46 - Jul 29 with 2214 viewsdaveB

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 14:22 - Jul 29 by SheffieldHoop

Don't wanna join in on any Les bashing - Too young to remember his playing career with us, and old enough not to join in on the "Evil Les" stuff - But weren't we in for him around the 05/06 season and he opted to go to Reading and then Watford over us? Were we ever really in for him at that time? I couldn't imagine Ollie saying no. Were wages an issue perhaps?

I remember him playing for Reading (I think) at Loftus Road that season and was applauded every time he touched the ball. The only other player I'd seen us do that for was Trevor Sinclair playing for Man City in 2003. Meanwhile, Seaman got pelters that night. Felt it was all a little OTT at the time. How times change with Seaman in forever R's, the whole Evil Les episode, and Sinclair killing his own media career!!

We almost signed him around that time from Bolton but Holloway told the press he was signing so Allardyce pulled the plug on the deal and he ended up going to Reading a few months later instead
Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 19:10 - Jul 29 with 2150 viewsSheffieldHoop

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 18:46 - Jul 29 by daveB

We almost signed him around that time from Bolton but Holloway told the press he was signing so Allardyce pulled the plug on the deal and he ended up going to Reading a few months later instead

Thanks Dave. So it was Ollie's fault for blabbing about it to the Media, or Allerdyce being a cnt about it? I dunno if that story really adds up in my mind. Surely if Les wanted to go to QPR at that stage of his career, he would & could have?

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 1640 viewsnick_hammersmith

Charlie Austin on QPR a few days ago on 19:10 - Jul 29 by SheffieldHoop

Thanks Dave. So it was Ollie's fault for blabbing about it to the Media, or Allerdyce being a cnt about it? I dunno if that story really adds up in my mind. Surely if Les wanted to go to QPR at that stage of his career, he would & could have?

Knowing what we know about those two managers it was probably more about what % cut they got in their pocket out of the move
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024