Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's Warnock... 22:00 - Oct 28 with 13226 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

According to the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/10/28/neil-warnock-gareth-ainsworth-sa
It's Warnock... on 23:14 - Oct 28 with 3363 viewsLordPork

Great news if true

can't help but feel you wouldn't want to be in Dozzels or Jimmy D's shoes walking off the pitch having got a red the way they did......

"crucified" is a word that springs to mind and quiet right too
It's Warnock... on 23:14 - Oct 28 with 3352 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's Warnock... on 22:45 - Oct 28 by Whip_It

Warnock is seriously past it and would be an extremely lazy, thoughtless appointment.

So past it in fact that he kept a decidedly poor Huddersfield team up last season with something to spare.
It's Warnock... on 23:15 - Oct 28 with 3355 viewssixnil

We need someone with a proven track record, get the lads organised and get players playing (Chris). Definitely Neil
It's Warnock... on 23:16 - Oct 28 with 3333 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's Warnock... on 22:05 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Reposted from another thread:

I'd be happy with this, particularly as it says it's until the end of the season.

Gives us time to get a DoF in and then make a full-time appointment, whether that be Warnock or someone else.

We need to stay up. Warnock is most likely our best bet for that.

Agree. This appointment would also tie in nicely with the perilous FFP position which needs time to recycle before the club start spending money on a DoF and long-term manager.
It's Warnock... on 23:19 - Oct 28 with 3298 viewsBoston

It's Warnock... on 22:18 - Oct 28 by Whip_It

Warnock would be another serious mistake. Let's hope this isn't true.

Y'know when they put you in a room
And you turn around
And there's no handle on the door
It's because you've been locked up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It's Warnock... on 23:20 - Oct 28 with 3299 viewsTheChef

Would be another short term, no strategy decision from our board.

But if he keeps us up, fair enough.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

It's Warnock... on 23:21 - Oct 28 with 3275 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's Warnock... on 23:20 - Oct 28 by TheChef

it could be both short term and startegic tbf.

Bare bones.

It's Warnock... on 23:23 - Oct 28 with 3256 viewsToast_R

Warnock can be summed up in one scene from The Four Year Plan documentary. Leigertwood is asked something about the current attitude at the club thats been stinking the place out for weeks and he struggles to give a answer. Warnock, sensing he's about to tie himself up in knotts, grabs the microphone and proceeds to take control of the press conference saying all the right things. You can see from that moment on, he's 100% the captain of this ship and he's going to lead his men out of the mire. Captivating stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

It's Warnock... on 23:23 - Oct 28 with 3255 viewsHoopsie

Consider this, any other manager to come in now won’t make a difference, might as well keep Gareth

Warnock might not be the man to keep us up or turn this around, but you can see it more clearly that he is the best man to do the job
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 0:13]

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

It's Warnock... on 23:35 - Oct 28 with 3143 viewsLoftgirl

It's Warnock... on 22:10 - Oct 28 by Boston

Let me get me Warnock going..,

It's great here int it
Great bunch of lads
Super facilities and right by the airport
And the fans!
etc

Welcome back Neil.

I said to Sharon.....
It's Warnock... on 23:51 - Oct 28 with 3005 viewsBluce_Ree

It's Warnock... on 23:20 - Oct 28 by TheChef

What's the alternative?

What better manager can we get? If it is someone doing well now with a club they won't come to this house of c*nts.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

It's Warnock... on 00:20 - Oct 29 with 2896 viewsJamesB1979

It's Warnock... on 23:05 - Oct 28 by dm97

All this never go back stuff is nonsense. The guy literally did this exact job with an equally crap Huddersfield team *last season*. He’s easily the best chance we have and if he fails we’re not tied into a 3 year deal for another manager (again), we’ll be paying NC and GA for years now.

This board rarely make sensible decisions but this is a no brainier

And Rotherham and got a rubbish Cardiff promoted.
It's Warnock... on 00:46 - Oct 29 with 2774 viewsRangersw12

The obvious choice to try and steady the ship

Desperately need a DOF and a new CEO to sort the club out to then get a progressive manager in the summer
It's Warnock... on 00:49 - Oct 29 with 2750 viewsHoopsie

If it is Warnock till the season end, probably we can turn a corner for an upward trajectory, gives the club time to look for a younger, progressive coach with a plan to play football

If we now give it to the “ideal” candidate I think we might just end his career

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

It's Warnock... on 01:38 - Oct 29 with 2562 viewsRangersRocker

Someone needs to light a fire underneath these players and Warnock's the man to do it. Hope he's up for it.
It's Warnock... on 06:56 - Oct 29 with 2252 viewsdmm

I, and it seems most of us, would be pleased with Warnock to the end of the season for the obvious - his ability to steer clubs away from relegation. It should be noted though that he does have relegations and sackings on his managerial CV, so his appointment is not a guarantee of staying in the Championship.
It's Warnock... on 07:16 - Oct 29 with 2190 viewshubble

Colin, Colin, give us a w...

I've woken up to this news and find my spirits unexpectedly lifted.

Warnock is a one-off, a colourful maverick in an age of bland conformity. And even at his age, he seems to have that special spark that marks him out from all the other contenders. I have to admit, I'll be delighted if it's him.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

It's Warnock... on 07:54 - Oct 29 with 2030 viewstraininvain

Warnock is our best chance of survival this season and a real no brainer for the owners.

But I hope they at least let Beale think he’s in with a chance before appointing Warnock. Not that I’m pretty or anything.
It's Warnock... on 07:55 - Oct 29 with 2010 viewsQPunkR

It's Warnock... on 07:54 - Oct 29 by traininvain

Warnock is our best chance of survival this season and a real no brainer for the owners.

But I hope they at least let Beale think he’s in with a chance before appointing Warnock. Not that I’m pretty or anything.

Don't be so hard on yourself, sweetcheeks

QPR - "shit but local"

It's Warnock... on 09:29 - Oct 29 with 1766 viewssoops

It’s got to be Warnock to the end of the season. Pretty sure we can’t afford to give out a 3 year contract to someone else and sack them in February when these players throw them under a bus.
It's Warnock... on 10:14 - Oct 29 with 1589 viewsDejR_vu

Surely, the all-knowing Dave Mac will be able to confirm or otherwise? Can’t see anything on their website, don’t have access to Twitter.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

It's Warnock... on 10:26 - Oct 29 with 1500 viewsbullythebear

….and he’ll make Chris Willock his new Taarabt
It's Warnock... on 11:23 - Oct 29 with 1281 viewsDejR_vu

It's Warnock... on 07:54 - Oct 29 by traininvain

And then release e a statement along the lines:

“We had a lot of interest in the position. We spoke to Mick but, on this occasion, we felt we needed a coach with honesty and integrity who wasn’t going to jump ship at the first opportunity.”

It's Warnock... on 11:47 - Oct 29 with 1149 viewsNorthernr

I hope Chrissy Willock likes Richmond Park.
It's Warnock... on 11:48 - Oct 29 with 1136 viewsDejR_vu

It's Warnock... on 11:47 - Oct 29 by Northernr

I hope Chrissy Willock likes Richmond Park.

👌🏻

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024