Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread 08:13 - Aug 16 with 31639 viewsHoopstar

Never had a go at one of these before.

Only 2.7% of us have predicted an way win with over 85% saying a home win today in the prediction league...so there is that.

I have a good feeling about tonight anyway.

If I had to guess a starting XI..

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Dunne Paal
Field Johansen
Willock Roberts Chair
Dykes

Laird to come on after 60 for a debut.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 2169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yates shot blocked. Lavery blazes over.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 2146 views08olesen

A really frustrating game this. Blackpool taking on the Preston time wasting tactics.

Poll: Who will the other play off

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 2141 viewsVancouverHoop

It's going to be like that until there's public timekeeping
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 2130 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dieng saves.

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 2097 viewsR_from_afar

Adomah crosses for Armstrong, headed over

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 2075 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Armstrong heads over.

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 2016 viewsR_from_afar

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:54 - Aug 16 by R_from_afar

Adomah crosses for Armstrong, headed over

Agonised howls from our sofa

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 1963 viewsR_from_afar

Bollox FT

Login to get fewer ads

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 1938 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FT.

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 1879 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Better second half, but not enough quality really.

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 1821 viewsMyke

Wouldn't scare if we were there for a month
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 1790 viewsQPRSteve

I'd play Armstrong from the start next game instead of Dykes who contributed nothing in the second half.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 1779 viewsR_from_afar

Thanks for the excellent commentary, Brian

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 1762 viewsVancouverHoop

So much for our 100% home record!
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 1761 viewsJimmyR

I’d really like Armstrong’s name to be first on the team sheet whenever he’s happy to play.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 1679 viewspaulparker

The last three games we have played league one standard teams in. Charlton, Sunderland and Blackpool and have struggled , we are also relying on a rookie upfront to get ours out of the brown stuff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 1678 viewsbenhurst

Very frustrating game, more than enough chances to win that but there were definitely some positives.

Dozzell surprised me, thought he played quite well. Armstrong once again absolutely brilliant off the bench, unfortunate at the end. Quite impressed by Laird, but to me it looked like having both full-backs pushed up so far at the same time left us a little too exposed on the counter.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 1676 viewsdistortR

One of those games, but it does concern me that, if we don't score a cracker, we don't score.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 21:59 - Aug 16 with 1637 viewsVancouverHoop

Armstrong's full of piss and vinegar, which is great. But how long will it last if the rest of the team play like they did tonight?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:00]
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 1500 viewsplasmahoop

Very frustrating. Yes not enough quality, but it is difficult when the ball isn't in play that much. First half was a good watch I thought, but second half was about time wasting and we didn't have enough nous to get round it
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 1498 viewslongbottom

Well that’s one ‘easy’ home game gone. Just Rotherham now.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 1493 viewsHoopstar

Apologies all - won't start one of these again.

Team hinges on Willock offensively and if we don't have a better striker than Dykes we're not going to go very far. He's just never near any of these crosses is he - looked completely disinterested.

Positives are that Laird is clearly going to be a lovely player this season, Dozzell I thought was the best of a bad bunch in midfield. Only one passing with purpose trying to make things happen. Roberts with Willock will work well - he and Chair were like strangers tonight though. Armstrong should start against Rotherham - which already feels like a biggish game for morale and confidence in the group. Really hope Willock is back for that.

Very unimpressed with what have seen of Paal so far but very early days. Him and Jimmy were clearly being targeted all game down that side and they had a lot of joy.

Bowler is very handy for someone that one footed - wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a bigger club before long.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:04]
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:04 - Aug 16 with 1451 viewsJigsore

though their goal came from a lucky rebound it came from Paal being well up the field (not his fault - Beale's tactics as he would say himself). There was literally no one on that side of the field though, should there not be someone covering.

Laird played well to my eyes. I think it's going to be a distinctly midtable season but hopefully we can find a groove so it's at least entertaining

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:04 - Aug 16 with 1432 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Never really got going. Lots of possession but a lack of quality to do anything meaningful with it.

Only 2 positives for me are Laird played well having only joined on loan yesterday and Armstrong, though raw, is a real handful. Such a shame he couldn't quite reach the late header as that would've brought the roof down.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:14]
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 22:04 - Aug 16 with 1431 viewsTHEBUSH

Could only listen on the live commentary, that was awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024